PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sub-Zero The Killer
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    If there's a shutdown on all business in Sweden, then maybe it could affect EU. Unless MA have a way of doing patches, and restarts remotely.

But we're quite far from this scenario in Sweden at the moment.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    did you even read this?

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik|MindArk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of those precautionary measures we have put in place is to encourage any employee that can do their work from home to do so. The vast majority of our employees have been working remotely since then. MindArk has a well developed infrastructure in place that makes this possible without jeopardizing our ability to develop, maintain and deliver Entropia Universe. The ability to remotely perform all important tasks relating to the availability of Entropia Universe is just part of the nature of providing a live service that is for the most part available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If it is expected that the COVID-19 outbreak will affect the availability of Entropia Universe, this will be communicated to the user base.

No government mandated shutdown is in place in Sweden at the time of writing, nor are we aware of any such plans.
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    || Chaos ||
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by helena View Post
    Everyine is stuck at home. If ma had any intelligence or wish of growth, that would be the perfect timing for a special event!
    I'm getting an email from Steam or gog.com about some sale or other every 6 hours this past week. They're pushing hard for sales from a very captive audience. MA is stuck dealing with MA's biggest problem: corporate apathy

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrik|MindArk View Post
    I know it has been a while since I’ve last been able to engage with you here. Although I believe we’ve done a lot of good with Entropia Universe in the last year, one area I still strive to improve significantly is the continuous communication between us, MindArk, and the Entropia Universe community. To this end, we have recently hired a dedicated full-time community manager, who will not just engage with the community here on the forum and on other platforms, but will work to maintain continuous communication between developers and the community in new and creative ways. She will introduce herself to you all shortly.

Be safe and take care.
    Stay safe there!!

Regarding the communication... This is like the 10th time I see this promise! We want communication, even if you have nothing new to tell us .

You created your account
    2004-12-21.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    The first victim of Corona was diagnosed during Carnaval in The Netherlands, which is celebrated in the South of the country. The first victims that week came back from ski-holiday or from a trip to Northern Italy and were eager to go to the carnaval festival..

This is what Carnaval looks like:

You can imagine the disease has had quit the impact in the South.
    There are no means of testing anymore atm, new tests due to arrive soon......

This is Carnaval in my hometown of Eindhoven:

Carnaval is accompanied by an enormous amount of Beer consumption. You can see everyone nicely keeping their 1.5 meters distance from eachother. This is only outside.. inside the pubs and bars people are crammed together even more.
    Last edited by Spawn; 03-19-2020 at 10:06.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post

Carnaval is accompanied by an enormous amount of Beer consumption. You can see everyone nicely keeping their 1.5 meters distance from eachother. This is only outside.. inside the pubs and bars people are crammed together even more.
    So, we can at least draw on e conclusion from this.
    Beer is NOT a remedy against Corona!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    True TJ Juan
    Society
    Cz-Sk Crows
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GxB View Post
    this whole corona bullshit is vastly overdramatized.... just like the flu.
    Yeah, so 470 people dead in Italy yesterday and the number rising everyday... just another flu

ILBE DCINSIDE MASTER
    Society
    Corrupted Attack Nanochip 13, MA Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by TSCRYPTO View Post
    our shitty-poopy-free-acc bounded [Vivo S10] can't afford that pandemic incidents even inside game.

heal per pec wise, decay wise, pain in the ass wise

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothee View Post
    I'm getting an email from Steam or gog.com about some sale or other every 6 hours this past week. They're pushing hard for sales from a very captive audience. MA is stuck dealing with MA's biggest problem: corporate apathy

Well said. With all of my upcoming shows cancelled and all pubs and restaurants closed, I find myself with plenty of extra free time and money. Since MA can't be bothered to incentivize my deposit in any way, I guess GoG will get most of my business.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Pretto Loco Believingson
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I just want to send my sincerest and heartfelt wishes to Mindark and it's staff that you may stay safe from this pandemic.

A lot of people are isolated, lonelly and worried today, not being able to be as social as they use to be.
    For that reason I believe that Entropia today is more important than ever.

I just wish more people knew about it, and that it is one way of escaping the isolation, in the virtual universe.

Sweden lacks some crucial resources atm, in particular medical equipment to keep the medical staff safe.

But it's in the works and loads of companies and organisations is turning themselves inside out to find solutions.

One is Absolut, who normally makes Absolut Vodka. They have filled up a 200 000 liter tank with liquer to be used in manufacturing hand sanitizers

It's totally sold out in the pharmacies and on top of that some morons have stolen bottles from hospitals.

They have said that friday to sunday will show how hard Stockholm will be hit.
    A capitol hit this hard from this pandemic is very very bad news.

I have been talking with several people there and I hear the anxiety in their voices.
    I am very worried about my friends atm.

But FU Corona, you have no clue who you are dealing with. WE ARE THE VIKINGS!!!

And ffs Mindark, keep safe, and keep doing a great and important work during these very hard times.
    And thank you for the update on the current situation Henrik.

Welcome to

Loco's Museum of Entropia Universe Biodiversity

(Genesis Star Tower C, 6G)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast