A Message from MindArk Regarding Coronavirus

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=2]A Message from MindArk Regarding Coronavirus[/h] MindArk is following all Swedish government recommendations and is closely watching how the situation develops. We will take any steps we can to ensure the wellbeing of our employees while at the same time ensuring the availability of Entropia Universe.

Ever since the outbreak was confirmed in Sweden, we have taken precautionary actions to minimize the risk that our employees become exposed, both for the sake of their wellbeing and to ensure that we can continue delivering Entropia Universe during this situation. One of those precautionary measures we have put in place is to encourage any employee that can do their work from home to do so. The vast majority of our employees have been working remotely since then. MindArk has a well developed infrastructure in place that makes this possible without jeopardizing our ability to develop, maintain and deliver Entropia Universe. The ability to remotely perform all important tasks relating to the availability of Entropia Universe is just part of the nature of providing a live service that is for the most part available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If it is expected that the COVID-19 outbreak will affect the availability of Entropia Universe, this will be communicated to the user base.

No government mandated shutdown is in place in Sweden at the time of writing, nor are we aware of any such plans.

Thank you all for your concern.

I know it has been a while since I’ve last been able to engage with you here. Although I believe we’ve done a lot of good with Entropia Universe in the last year, one area I still strive to improve significantly is the continuous communication between us, MindArk, and the Entropia Universe community. To this end, we have recently hired a dedicated full-time community manager, who will not just engage with the community here on the forum and on other platforms, but will work to maintain continuous communication between developers and the community in new and creative ways. She will introduce herself to you all shortly.

Be safe and take care.

Henrik Nel
MindArk CEO

Originally Posted Here

extra notice:

As of today you're no longer allowed to stay within 1,5 mtrs of other players.
Also, MA has implemented mouth masks which are now lootable from several mobs.
Make sure to loot them fast before they run out!

Stay safe!

extra notice:

As of today you're no longer allowed to stay within 1,5 mtrs of other players.

Stay safe!

To help with this, access range to terminals has been increased to 10 m - with the additional benefit that more spots are available at which multiple terminals can be open at the same time.
There is no longer any need to fight for positions... terminals out in the open and portable crafting terminal tools are said to be under development as well.
Note to devs: this tool will also work in instances, such as the insides of spaceships, but devs need to set up which bps may drop under these conditions... it may take a while before this is implemented, but the rush to beat Corona is on!

[h=2]A Message from MindArk Regarding Coronavirus[/h] MindArk is following all Swedish government recommendations and is closely watching how the situation develops. We will take any steps we can to ensure the wellbeing of our employees while at the same time ensuring the availability of Entropia Universe.

Ever since the outbreak was confirmed in Sweden, we have taken precautionary actions to minimize the risk that our employees become exposed, both for the sake of their wellbeing and to ensure that we can continue delivering Entropia Universe during this situation. One of those precautionary measures we have put in place is to encourage any employee that can do their work from home to do so. The vast majority of our employees have been working remotely since then. MindArk has a well developed infrastructure in place that makes this possible without jeopardizing our ability to develop, maintain and deliver Entropia Universe. The ability to remotely perform all important tasks relating to the availability of Entropia Universe is just part of the nature of providing a live service that is for the most part available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If it is expected that the COVID-19 outbreak will affect the availability of Entropia Universe, this will be communicated to the user base.

No government mandated shutdown is in place in Sweden at the time of writing, nor are we aware of any such plans.

Thank you all for your concern.

I know it has been a while since I’ve last been able to engage with you here. Although I believe we’ve done a lot of good with Entropia Universe in the last year, one area I still strive to improve significantly is the continuous communication between us, MindArk, and the Entropia Universe community. To this end, we have recently hired a dedicated full-time community manager, who will not just engage with the community here on the forum and on other platforms, but will work to maintain continuous communication between developers and the community in new and creative ways. She will introduce herself to you all shortly.

Be safe and take care.

Henrik Nel
MindArk CEO

Originally Posted Here

Thank you MA Ludvig and Henrik for making an effort at communication. Wish the best for all ingame players and MA employees through this difficult time.

To help with this, access range to terminals has been increased to 10 m - with the additional benefit that more spots are available at which multiple terminals can be open at the same time.
There is no longer any need to fight for positions... terminals out in the open and portable crafting terminal tools are said to be under development as well.
Note to devs: this tool will also work in instances, such as the insides of spaceships, but devs need to set up which bps may drop under these conditions... it may take a while before this is implemented, but the rush to beat Corona is on!

and to add to this, terminals will only accepts card payment.
Cash is no longer allowed to prevent the virus from spreading through ped coins. :wise:

Everyone follow the recommendations of your government. This invisible battle can only be won if we all follow the orders. There's no hero's at this time. We can't see the enemy in this battle.

Here first day without work. Almost every thing is closed. Best of luck to everyone. Stay safe. We will start stronger but now is time to be patient.

Last edited:
Now We have to Weather The Economic side of the Virus.

Can Entropia Do It Again and Weather another Economic Crash? I Have faith that this game will be around For Life times.

"We here at Entropia Universe want to help you go thru this international crisis. From now on, special items -CORONA edition will be available until the end of the crisis! happy looting!"

"We here at Entropia Universe want to help you go thru this international crisis. From now on, special items -CORONA edition will be available until the end of the crisis! happy looting!"

Helena ..... :)

Can Entropia Do It Again and Weather another Economic Crash? I Have faith that this game will be around For Life times.

Eu will survive prices on some items will crash

Thanks for clarifying, it sounds like the ability is there to keep the game running at least temporarily should everyone have to work from home.

Long term Entropians will remember the server went down for a couple of days when we went to CryEngine 2 (VU 10.0) so if Mindark have to turn off our virtual universe (for whatever reason), it'll come back.

This is unlikely, as I am sure Mindark have already made sure such an event wont take place.

This is a virus - it is invisible it doesn't care if you are rich or poor, young or old. Try and keep your distance from others, stock up with food and if you do nothing else, ALWAYS wash your hands before you eat.

And we will get through this. We did 100 years ago with the last pandemic and medical science is so much more advanced than it was back then.

Look after yourselves & look after your friends, your relatives and your neighbours. Take care. :)

keep-calm-and-carry-on_20392.jpg

Thx for info apreciate it :wise:
Take care out there folks :wtg:

Thank you for communicating with us. I am looking forward to the community managers introduction. "Having her is a great step in the right direction!

Also, MA has implemented mouth masks which are now lootable from several mobs.

This is dark humor, and I am sure some people would get offended, but I feel it would be just the right appropriate amount of humor for times like this.

Plus face masks and ventilators would look cool, esp if a little effort was put into a variety of models and designs. They can all be repairable limited edition items (NOT (L)) that in future years be a reminder to the hardships of today, when the world was on lock down isolation.

Stay safe guys :grouphug:

(and please keep the game going, will be a lifeline to social contact for many) :love:

Looking forward to hearing from the new CM :)

To this end, we have recently hired a dedicated full-time community manager, who will not just engage with the community here on the forum and on other platforms, but will work to maintain continuous communication between developers and the community in new and creative ways. She will introduce herself to you all shortly.

I hope it isn't who I think it is.

This is dark humor, and I am sure some people would get offended, but I feel it would be just the right appropriate amount of humor for times like this.

nah,not humor at all.
I don't do humor, I'm always very serious. :tongue2:
But yeh, people will always be offended by anything.

Plus face masks and ventilators would look cool, esp if a little effort was put into a variety of models and designs. They can all be repairable limited edition items (NOT (L)) that in future years be a reminder to the hardships of today, when the world was on lock down isolation.

Come to think if it the Arkadia team has already seen this coming so I guess that's why they implemented the hazmat suit. :rolleyes:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?309725-Ark-Moon-Hazmat-suit-(pics)

I said on twitch the other day, am sure MA will be working from home soon.

Be safe peeps, and see you all out there.

this statement is the weakest statement of a Company-CEO to this matter so far.
nothing more to add here. thanks for nothing (as always) :girl:

Glad to read this message and take care out there, MA.

Well as a native lived right at the center, I was considering to write something few days ago but I dont want to make you guys panic out there and it is not something related to eu..even offtopic..

As my experience I'm not that worry about virus but panic people will make it worse...we got locked since Jan 23th, and I took some 150+ people confrerence w/o any protection right before that day or 2 days, and few days later there were 3 people confirmed infected..I think I was lucky..

Dont be panic at any time. When i knew someone got that later, i ddnt feel very well, like pain in chest...pain of my back etc..I was even considering to walk to hospital to get some test one midnight..considering i lived with my son. A friend talked me on phone and said: i can drive you to hospital if you want, but i suggest you stay at home a bit longer to make sure, because I was in hospital earlier and it full of people around and more chance to get infected when you waiting there..I decided to wait a bit and realized I still have a good appetite..The unwell feeling fading later gradually as time passed and you forcus on something else.

So I dont mean anyone no need to go to get a doctor, but if you are not very sure what happened, take a breath and calm down, or may be it will get worse.

After that i even did some volunteer stuff in one tempory hospital, just in storage room, carrying some supplies for doctors and etc, got very close to patients, in fact on the 1st day it open, there were 2 ladies got lost and walking in our rooms to looking for a washing room, yes they are infected and the security fell sleep since its 3am in the morning, we were like 3 -5 meters away from them and everyone were there that night is fine so far.

Get masks, gloves, and if you have to go out for work, especiall talk with strangers or crowds place, if you dont want make other people around feel unfortable, can try like using sunglasses instead of eye protectors, using pen or key to press buttons in lifts like this your habbits etc.

And supplies..like food, water...thats because there are too many panic around and if you dont do that, you will have some problems, for me i can handle myself and you have the ones you loved you will have to take care of them too..so just get some supply for storage.

ok, i dont want to spread panic feeling around in a game forum and mods can just delete or what ever if this not suits the forum rules i dont mind that.

Anyway, take care everyone, take care ones you loved, and good luck.

PS, we back to work already here and lock down will stop entirely in Apr. 8th.

I said on twitch the other day, am sure MA will be working from home soon.

Be safe peeps, and see you all out there.

I vote for Suzy Entropia as Community Adviser or we could always bring back Skam! :yay:

:grouphug:

Long term Entropians will remember the server went down for a couple of days when we went to CryEngine 2 (VU 10.0) so if Mindark have to turn off our virtual universe (for whatever reason), it'll come back.

This is unlikely, as I am sure Mindark have already made sure such an event wont take place.

This is a virus - it is invisible it doesn't care if you are rich or poor, young or old. Try and keep your distance from others, stock up with food and if you do nothing else, ALWAYS wash your hands before you eat.

And we will get through this. We did 100 years ago with the last pandemic and medical science is so much more advanced than it was back then.

Look after yourselves & look after your friends, your relatives and your neighbours. Take care. :)
:wise: Excellent advice. I would add that this real-life (Old Earth) reality is not about preventing the spread of coronavirus, but about slowing it to a crawl. Isolate, wash hands, and let's slow this thing all the way down!

Meanwhile in Entropia Universe, I predict a noticeable overall rise in our universal economy due to so many Earthlings having nothing else to do. Except of course our usual, mostly unadvisable methods of self medication.... :tongue2:

ONLY if said masks enable the wearer to fly. In space. And mine asteroids.

Back