Higher Latency

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Some users have recently reported higher than usual latency in Entropia Universe. Our team is actively investigating potential causes of this issue in the Entropia Universe infrastructure.

Due to measures being taken in many countries in response to the Coronavirus outbreak, Entropia Universe is experiencing significantly higher peaks of concurrent users than usual, which may be a contributing factor to the latency issue. Also, there have been widespread reports of greatly increased internet traffic in general, which may result in higher latency for some users, either from their own ISP, or more general internet backbone congestion.

We will continue to monitor this issue and seek to implement appropriate fixes on our side to deliver the smoothest Entropia Universe experience possible.

Originally Posted Here

It's good to see you're taking that into consideration...

I just want to specify that it started exactly on March 3rd with the implementation of VU 17.1.0. :wise:

Dumbasses. This started exactly after the VU a couple weeks ago. Don't shift it to something else.

IDK man, just because everything was working fine right up until the VU and then measurably went to shit the minute the VU completed doesn't mean that we should be quick to draw conclusions. :rolleyes:

Some users have recently reported higher than usual latency in Entropia Universe. Our team is actively investigating potential causes of this issue in the Entropia Universe infrastructure.

Due to measures being taken in many countries in response to the Coronavirus outbreak, Entropia Universe is experiencing significantly higher peaks of concurrent users than usual, which may be a contributing factor to the latency issue. Also, there have been widespread reports of greatly increased internet traffic in general, which may result in higher latency for some users, either from their own ISP, or more general internet backbone congestion.

We will continue to monitor this issue and seek to implement appropriate fixes on our side to deliver the smoothest Entropia Universe experience possible.

Originally Posted Here

I'm sure you will resolve the issue soon. :cool:

Also started to experience bad lag after the lighting VU update, please enable a way to let us turn this off :cool:

not just high latency. the sudden pauses every few minutes with a couple failed msgs is particularly annoying

not just high latency. the sudden pauses every few minutes with a couple failed msgs is particularly annoying

and inbetween the mobs wanna either become your disciple or your friend, but let's blame the internet for this, and for lagging instances. :laugh:

Its been happening for over two weeks. With an error `Failed` while shooting mobs, and probably wasting ammo on it due to lagged response.

This. The latency itself may be related but is not exactly the problem.

I'm assuming this is what they're referring to. It's the only problem I've been experiencing.

VR's working fine......:)

I am sure that half the planet staying home watching Netflix isn't helping either.

how about fixing stuff thats not a mystery:
[[[The effect of “Tier increase rates” is currently not working as intended with the tiering changes.]]]

how about fixing stuff thats not a mystery:
[[[The effect of “Tier increase rates” is currently not working as intended with the tiering changes.]]]

They did something with tierincrease rates already sneakily - im currently using an BC-105 (L) gun with high 3digit tiernumbers half decayed in tier4 - it may not be perfect yet but they definately touched it.

They did something with tierincrease rates already sneakily - im currently using an BC-105 (L) gun with high 3digit tiernumbers half decayed in tier4 - it may not be perfect yet but they definately touched it.

I'm betting this is happening across the board. Changing the tiering isn't something that needs to wait for a patch download (client vs server side thing), so it's likely MA will fix the tiering before it's announced, instead of having to wait until they have a full patch ready for everyone to download.

latency_18447.jpg

This is my high score, can anyone beat it? ;)

Normally 25 msec.

This. At least prevent damage to our avatars during the times in which we can't damage mobs. And ffs make faps equip when their buttons are pressed!

Dumbasses. This started exactly after the VU a couple weeks ago. Don't shift it to something else.
Nah just shift it to EP event resolution speed, they're all afk anyway ;)

Seems to be the gun pauses failed messages etc is caused by when the latency changes from your normal to some really stupid high latency.

Rather annoying tbh as in mayhem instances at least in my case 95% time i just couldnt get a clean run with out lag spikes etc which to be fair i pretty much wasted a load pills by the time you calculate all the lag spikes.

Back