PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Provider
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Images

How to convince players to come back to EU?

That's easy, take me as an example

Yesterday after 3 months break I decided to give EU a go and did some mining. As I checked mining has went through some rough ups and downs recently (redulite hoarding) so I decided to do a quick reconnaissance before starting any serious activity. Bought 100 bombs, chose my four favourite ore spots, 25 bombs each. Set up as usual but without amps.

Result:

Hit rate: 12%
    Cost: 101 PED
    TT return: 23,6 PED

Yes, I know. Only 100 bombs. That's "just" ten bucks. Ten bucks that can actually buy me a month of subscription of other MMO or just a pack of beers. Yes I know "I need to drop 2k or 3k bombs daily blah blah spending 3-4 hours on it for a week to get anywhere around 93% blah blah". I'm not new in this. But you know what? I need entertainment, not a dreadful hardcore grind party. I just wanted to jump in, have fun for an hour or two and go back to my life...

Soooo no Henrik, thanks for now. I'm still not convinced.

Uhh...

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Your HR and return seems impossible even on only 100 drops - unless you were indoor mining, in which case lol.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jhan Delarea Freitas
    Society
    Freelancer
    For real?

Give players chance to profit .... since 26.08.19 something happens with minning multi is gone
    tt is gone , all areas average markup drop to equal around 108-112%
    everything is set to make impossible to profit on minning
    /beginrant
    * since that date my average return come from 95-98% that normal to my level and gameplay
    to tt 90% util 12.12.19 in this day+- my tt become 75-85% come new year 2020 i expect better or at last 90% back its not happen , every my attempt in this year end with tt 50-75% i not casual miner , i not newcomer you can take my words and keep minning and think everything is fine
    but its not
    ** remind new minning area in cyrene? in first hours is great , amazing , after 6h they nerf mineral comp in realtime , and six hour later they add waves and more 6 ? they nerf mineral composition again , now this area is waved with shit mineral composition and you think is good? whats point exploration when you find something good mindark going equal(nerf) to all others area in game to make impossible to profit? its not fun. and lost soul of this game

/endrant

If mindark dont give true economy , or chance to player profit
    Entropia itself is outdated game , with shallow gameplay that not worth my time and money
    (I wish know i wrong here , i see several peoples love eu but only know eu)
    You can spend way less in any other game in market(buying game or pay sub) and get much more fun and money back in gray market(that if you want) , people going say here you can take you money back direct from mindark and legal , true but its only fraction you spend and hard to sell(and chipout) and moths and moths to mindark deposit you money(someone say 90 day?) in others game you can easly go gray market and get money in 24h or less after sell
    Last edited by Vadio; 03-23-2020 at 20:15. Reason: full overhaul

Useless miner who want new high end minning tools why? rank 100 mean big hug since mindark dont give us insigth
    RIP multis : 26.08.19 , Not anything above 1000x in this day foward
    Also TT 50% SINCE 12.12.19 its why recent become so salt

Provider
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your HR and return seems impossible even on only 100 drops - unless you were indoor mining, in which case lol.
    I know it sounds crazy, in my time since 2008 with some breaks (I actually once took 3 years break ) I have never experienced such crazy low returns. I mined on Caly around Ashi outside and inside PVP, on two LA's I liked in the past and in my one secret spot

But this i like big wtf.

I had once 34 consecutive NRF's on Next Island but it has ended then with nice 74 ped global and 24% hit rate, total of 200 bombs. I know mining can be volatile but 12% HR is just a bad joke.

It should not be possible to get as crazy low returns because it just feels more like a rip-off, evil MA laughter in my face. I dont care about 10 bucks. It's just not entertaining anymore. It's just pure pain in the a$$.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Entropialoot.com
    Images
    Hunting just as volatile. It is quite pathetic.

In attempt to flatten things and give better returns for people, they made it worse and potentially implemented a pyramid scheme (looter skills) in the process. Pay to win with gear was not good but at least players had something to strive for.

Instead, people are full of anxiety to play and that is not a recipe for success.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    I know it sounds crazy, in my time since 2008 with some breaks (I actually once took 3 years break ) I have never experienced such crazy low returns. I mined on Caly around Ashi outside and inside PVP, on two LA's I liked in the past and in my one secret spot

Yea if that was your return on an unamped outdoor run, then I agree it's totally fucking whack.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Answer: You don't.

Check out Forgo on YouTube!
    Great Grand Master Pyro L120+
    The Zombie Arms on Rocktropia
    next to the Steampunks near the tangerine TP Everything you need 500+ items!
    EL profile - 1.75+ million in hunting 600k+ skills

ILBE DCINSIDE MASTER
    Society
    Corrupted Attack Nanochip 13, MA Edition

just a pack of beers.

Uhh...
    genius
    Last edited by pamascom; 03-23-2020 at 19:55. Reason: 180 IQ or higher?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tony KingofAces Hans
    Images
    That's easy, take me as an example

Yesterday after 3 months break I decided to give EU a go and did some mining. As I checked mining has went through some rough ups and downs recently (redulite hoarding) so I decided to do a quick reconnaissance before starting any serious activity. Bought 100 bombs, chose my four favourite ore spots, 25 bombs each. Set up as usual but without amps.

Result:

Hit rate: 12%
    Cost: 101 PED
    TT return: 23,6 PED

Yes, I know. Only 100 bombs. That's "just" ten bucks. Ten bucks that can actually buy me a month of subscription of other MMO or just a pack of beers. Yes I know "I need to drop 2k or 3k bombs daily blah blah spending 3-4 hours on it for a week to get anywhere around 93% blah blah". I'm not new in this. But you know what? I need entertainment, not a dreadful hardcore grind party. I just wanted to jump in, have fun for an hour or two and go back to my life...

Soooo no Henrik, thanks for now. I'm still not convinced.

Uhh...
    Generally if your hit rate is that low, you should be going to another area to test that out well before you get to 100 drops. There's an off chance you were mining less than 15 minutes after another miner in that area, which would reduce your hit rate. Some areas are also just filled with miners like Ashi, the only place I could get near a 12% hit rate nowadays. Your results are definitely outside the norm, but as moery said, you'd want to use a smaller finder if you wanted to stretch out $10.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast