That is a very cool video.

MA take note!

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Under the I-96 overpass getting free wifi from Panera
    Xavier Target Technosplurg
    Images
    Back after 6 years....And look people are upset about bad loot and game bugs...You can come home again, its like I never left... In my experience back, so far I would say loot is better and I like all the new missions there are to do....Seems like a lot less team hunting going on than I remember which is something I am missing, seems there is some aversion to team hunting now that didn't exist in the past. Maybe thats all these shared loot events and instances giving people there fill of group hunting?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Davin Trooper Felth
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    since the OP talked about mining and value of money spent I will focus on those comments:

I stopped mining more or less quite a while ago - my last mining global was JUNE 2014!! And yes I've done amped indoor mining since then. I mostly quit because the chances to global seemed so low and hofs were of much lower value. Is that more stable? Maybe, but took lot of excitement out of it for me. Couple that with MUs of resources dropping to almost nothing made being a casual miner a real bad idea.
    Another issue is the daily tokens - for mining it is so unbalanced - often 50 TT of something for 3 tokens and that's it. Hunting you can get 12 a day or more.

Then as for return/value = I have the same experience. Love the game, but when I'm able to break free and play other games for say $60 and I can play hours a day for a year it's like why the hell am I playing this game for $60 a week.
    I hear new players say too "I'm hunting and loosing all my ped what can I do?" and I hate to say - nothing this is the game. That is nothing new really , but doesn't respond to your original question. Log in, spend 10 bucks and after an hour you have 3 dollars left, a normal reaction is "well - screw that, why put another 10 in = just a waste."

Young
    Gabrielle Minuit Rosenoire
    Next episode of the crazy mining adventure of Gabrielle

Today, an awesome run ! I broke 15 enhancers in 160 bombs. It's a new record

Other record : 27th run in a row without hof, even XV. Each run, I take for 160 bombs of ores + treasures, all amped with terra amp 1.

No globals anymore

On 27 runs, 6 positive (max +200), 21 negative -2100 peds in 27 runs ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is a very cool video.

MA take note!
    thanks I had a lot of people message me on YouTube wanting to learn about the game and how it works - very effective marketing for the game!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Lamia Majora Pechunter
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Ive been loosing 100-200 ped every hr for weeks most days around 1k loss with 3.540dpp, trying to have a break atm, hard stuff when loving the game. The anxiety is real max anguish when u wanna hunt something and know u gonna loose. Its truly horrible atm it all started when i made a depo, it was like a free for all invitiation to completely suck the card dry.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Fanan Head Shot
    Quote Originally Posted by pechunter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive been loosing 100-200 ped every hr for weeks most days around 1k loss with 3.540dpp, trying to have a break atm, hard stuff when loving the game. The anxiety is real max anguish when u wanna hunt something and know u gonna loose. Its truly horrible atm it all started when i made a depo, it was like a free for all invitiation to completely suck the card dry.

I think a lot of players can express the same feelings as you. This really is the "Stockholm syndrome" in action. No joke! It's also the capital of Sweden, so convenient.

Few weeks ago with all this quarantine and bored at home, I decided to go into a aggressive play mode for around a week or two. Nothing special besides click some maxed BPs in full condition where the markup input is close to 2% and to hunte some prots and other big stuff that I generally don't. Guess what, each session was around 300 ped loss. I even remember a hunt with 1300 ped ammo spent without a single global (prots and p longus).

I'm not doing small sessions, in fact from what I have observed the longer it's the worst the results.

Cost to play is insanely high! I m ashamed to tell anyone how much I can loss per hour.

But We all have free will. No one point me a gun at my head and tell me to deposit real money on this broken game. And from what I saw in these 12 years of play is that they reward you for NOT deposit.

What a weird algorithm uh?
    Hunting in Calypso since: 03-Jan-2008

my last mining adventure:
    Hell: 90 PED in - ~15 PED out (okay, it's indoor, although after all the 50% or lower return runs a payback global/hof would be neat)
    So i switched to outdoor mining, each run 100 Drops:
    1. run: ~90% TT-return
    2. run: ~90% TT-return
    3. run: ~80% TT-return
    so far quite okay, but then:
    4. run: ~55% TT-return
    5. run: ~66% TT-return

the payback hof is a lie

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    RTr
    Images
    The best way to convince players to return is 1. a sound marketing strategy and 2. a continual effort by the developers to improve/evolve the game. Of course this applies to newer players as well. No one wants to play an online game that has no ongoing support.

I think Mindark has done good changes to the game overall, all the UI and gameplay changes (even including loot 2.0) are from my personal perspective an improvement to the overall experience.

Still, there is a lot of work to be done. The industry shows us that there is demand for games like Entropia (I am especially looking at the looming release of Star Citizen, and all the money that has been poured into it). Gamers do place monetary value on virtual properties, I don't think that will change anytime soon. But Entropia has to do more to convey the full potential of its sci-fi setting. The planets, the mission system and space are underdeveloped systems. They need a greater interconnectivity, and more fluid integration to make the whole experience less daunting.

But judging by my experience over the last 2 weeks, I think Mindark is committed to improving the game and to make it a fair experience to the players. I just hope they don't bastardise it by rushing new, underdeveloped systems and introducing pay to win mechanics. They need to focus on the important stuff and improve on what's already there. Entropia doesn't need more planets and more systems. It needs to make what it already has reach its full potential.
    Last edited by Anselme25; 05-14-2020 at 21:14.

Everyone talking about losses... not really good to get players to come back with those posts lol.

Maybe show off new avatar clothes that rival IMVU or smth.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast