Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Tomi jupiajo Digital
    Images

Mining returns last 6 months.
    Blue - normal claims.
    Red - multis.
    Each bar 4-5k bombs. (last 1100 bombs)

u all doing it wrong ! go mine non stop oil rig like all russians do, and u will have profit ! lots of mu ores there tridenite, vesperdite, pyrite, megan
    Last edited by GGG; 03-24-2020 at 08:50.

Mike KingMike007 Hussey
    Society
    AoC 2.0
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    u all doing it wrong ! go mine non stop oil rig like all russians do, and u will have profit ! lots of mu ores there tridenite, vesperdite, pyrite, megan
    Exactly. but what people want is short time good return like this i guess

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Penelope Penny Fortune
    Society
    Classified
    Images
    Been coming back for a period time to time for years, but its just too expensive... $100 for just a couple of days of normal play (dont question my skill or knowledge. Look at when I joined this forum) is just to much. There are other games that gives so much more for less - and thats my main point. Only reason I return occasionally is because I'm curious on the game (especially prices on the gear I own) and its nostalgic for me.

Get the return more stable - even if you're just messing about. Short wins keeps me more motivated than "if I just keep grinding this mob for one more week, I'll hit a big one and break even".
    I never want to get married... Once I sign those papers I will be lootable!

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    I think one of the core problems is that the loot algorithm is one-size-fits-all. It's near impossible to adequately tune such a design to satisfy the variety of players. Too volatile and the more casual players suffer (and leave), but too flat and the grinders get bored (and leave).

IMO what MA should do is create an adaptive algorithm that learns players habits and adjusts their volatility based on a prediction of how much PED they will input during any given session.

I think this could be easily achieved with a pretty simple linear regression algorithm and trivial model with only a handful of features - timestamp, day of week, day of year, time spent, PED input, would probably be all you need to learn a reasonably accurate prediction. Probably have to add some polynomials to help with bias but I don't think the hypothesis would be very complex all and could get a low enough margin of error for this problem.

Anyway this would help a lot with perception I think. Players who only have time to log for short periods and blow off some steam won't be punished with 30% returns anymore and long-term grinders could achieve higher volatility for more excitement and potentially more interesting loots.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hiro Protagonist
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    I think one of the core problems is that the loot algorithm is one-size-fits-all. It's near impossible to adequately tune such a design to satisfy the variety of players. Too volatile and the more casual players suffer (and leave), but too flat and the grinders get bored (and leave).

IMO what MA should do is create an adaptive algorithm that learns players habits and adjusts their volatility based on a prediction of how much PED they will input during any given session.

I think this could be easily achieved with a pretty simple linear regression algorithm and trivial model with only a handful of features - timestamp, day of week, day of year, time spent, PED input, would probably be all you need to learn a reasonably accurate prediction. Probably have to add some polynomials to help with bias but I don't think the hypothesis would be very complex all and could get a low enough margin of error for this problem.

Anyway this would help a lot with perception I think. Players who only have time to log for short periods and blow off some steam won't be punished with 30% returns anymore and long-term grinders could achieve higher volatility for more excitement and potentially more interesting loots.
    All MA needs to do is add 0.00 TT items to the loot pool. It wouldn't cost them anything and would add variety and excitement to hunting.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Janko SuperKanjo vd Haak
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thoreau View Post
    All MA needs to do is add 0.00 TT items to the loot pool. It wouldn't cost them anything and would add variety and excitement to hunting.
    And what item should that be? It need to have a use (therwise why be excited) but it shouldn't have a negative impact on the economy (crafters and by that also hunters and miners).
    Account Created 2006-03-03

There is already ul items that drop ,low tt mu that can be hunted for, bxes and tokens during events etc, more items isnt the answer, idk what people mean when they say more exciting loot. Loot tables are pretty solid imo. Flat loot can be pretty boring, did go over 100k cycle with a single 500x multi no esi or anything, tt return was still stable so idc too much but it was boring and thats a pretty large sample, for me not even two weeks of play but for casual player that sample could stretch months.

They need to create more demand for what people are looting already, crafting event is good start I think they start to focus on the right areas. Players come and go in eu, ive noticed a lot of players i havent seen in ages return again recently and though markup is lower than in the past its not like everything is tt food and stuff doesnt drop like always just gotta adjust and adapt. Little off topic but the op is pretty garbage so shrug

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    I'll read this thread later when bored. Here's my two pecs on its stated objective though:

(PEC 1): Normalize the loot randomizer a little bit. The occasional massive $$$ win only goes so far for encouraging active play, we also need reasonable normal returns so we play longer so we deposit more to fund said play. Below 80% on a given run is a fairly persuasive deal breaker.

(PEC 2): Don't just give us a level to pull, give us something to do. The people who design missions and ambience on the various planets are good at this, let them loose. Immersion counts for a lot.
    .... just one man's opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    Your HR and return seems impossible even on only 100 drops - unless you were indoor mining, in which case lol.
    12% HR indoor would be over 100 PED of ressources, but he got only 23,6 ped, so definately outdoor
    the payback hof is a lie

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast