PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (PEC 1): Normalize the loot randomizer a little bit. The occasional massive $$$ win only goes so far for encouraging active play, we also need reasonable normal returns so we play longer so we deposit more to fund said play. Below 80% on a given run is a fairly persuasive deal breaker.
    Even 80% for weeks or even years is a deal breaker... 90% would be somewhat acceptable.
    the payback hof is a lie

Young
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ben Tony Dover
    Society
    INSANIA VINCET OMNIA
    Images
    The problem with this game is the greedy players. 22K PED for a small shop with a 40 item point display at Port Atlantis Mall. Had a player quote me a couple weeks ago 25K PED for a booth at Cape Corinth. As long as players continue to pay exorbitant prices for basic items, there is no room for growth.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thoreau View Post
    All MA needs to do is add 0.00 TT items to the loot pool. It wouldn't cost them anything and would add variety and excitement to hunting.
    but we already have los particulos que no va
    .... just one man's opinion

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperKanjo View Post
    And what item should that be? It need to have a use (therwise why be excited) but it shouldn't have a negative impact on the economy (crafters and by that also hunters and miners).
    Sweat
    .... just one man's opinion

Lightbulb Everyone already knows

Every gamer knows that this game is a $ sink and less than 1% chance of ever making profit again. The only new money coming in is from unwary new players who make depos until they figure out the truth. The whales of yesterday have mostly withdrawn all and floating on deed income to play. I personally have not deposited since loot 2.0 and not spent 1 ped in game since the tiering bug. My deeds and shares continue to provide me with a growing ped card with no spending in game. The smaller and free players are ones paying all the ped in decay and lack of efficient items. The UL high efficient items and keeping the rich in ped, and keeps the poor in paying for it. One can look at the limit of withdrawl options and see the bigger picture, to keep money long as they can to gather interest of the $$ they hold. There is no way to get old players back with the state of the game like this, no loot dynamics, its all shrapnel in loot.

Louise Ranavolana Brooks
    Blog Entries
    Images

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Laura woody wood
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post

IMO what MA should do is create an adaptive algorithm that learns players habits and adjusts their volatility based on a prediction of how much PED they will input during any given session.
    Their already is such a thing based on activity and ped cycled. I have been hit hard on some sessions and kinda come to the understanding its based on location, timeing, activity, have you hit hof recently. Your competing against other players in a global system with very small random windows where the system pays out.

As what other people said about mining well il give you a hint theirs caps in place at least on the rarer materials. That is why its pretty pointless using big amps to find high mu resources unless you know someone in the last 24 hours used a ton of it. Again its about timing, location, has it been mined recently before the reseed for hit rate.

Out all honesty though i had some terrible hit rates mining but also bumper payouts so id really go with location and timing for mining tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by slick27 View Post
    Their already is such a thing based on activity and ped cycled. I have been hit hard on some sessions and kinda come to the understanding its based on location, timeing, activity, have you hit hof recently. Your competing against other players in a global system with very small random windows where the system pays out.

As what other people said about mining well il give you a hint theirs caps in place at least on the rarer materials. That is why its pretty pointless using big amps to find high mu resources unless you know someone in the last 24 hours used a ton of it. Again its about timing, location, has it been mined recently before the reseed for hit rate.

Out all honesty though i had some terrible hit rates mining but also bumper payouts so id really go with location and timing for mining tbh.
    and here's the loot myths. I've tested everything you've stated and it's just false.
    it's still 00,xx% Chance to get XXXX Multiplier. Just random.
    the payback hof is a lie

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Mayana maya Riechert
    Society
    Soldiers of Fortune
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    That's easy, take me as an example

Yesterday after 3 months break I decided to give EU a go and did some mining. As I checked mining has went through some rough ups and downs recently (redulite hoarding) so I decided to do a quick reconnaissance before starting any serious activity. Bought 100 bombs, chose my four favourite ore spots, 25 bombs each. Set up as usual but without amps.

Result:

Hit rate: 12%
    Cost: 101 PED
    TT return: 23,6 PED

Yes, I know. Only 100 bombs. That's "just" ten bucks. Ten bucks that can actually buy me a month of subscription of other MMO or just a pack of beers. Yes I know "I need to drop 2k or 3k bombs daily blah blah spending 3-4 hours on it for a week to get anywhere around 93% blah blah". I'm not new in this. But you know what? I need entertainment, not a dreadful hardcore grind party. I just wanted to jump in, have fun for an hour or two and go back to my life...

Soooo no Henrik, thanks for now. I'm still not convinced.

Uhh...
    I'm a miner as well and with 72 prospecting. I'm in the same boat as this guy but I deposit much more than him and get the same results back. Why can't we who have been supporting this game for so long get better results? I feel for you and don't blame you for not wanting to come back.
    [

decided to do a quick crafting run..
    414 Clicks - 107,64 in - 79,42 out - 73,78% TT-return

MA, that's not how you attract players =)
    the payback hof is a lie

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast