How to convince players to come back to EU?

On 18th on January I wrote to ma about bad returns since I saw a thread on forum that they do provide this info but after 2 months that was the response:
"Hi Pelzak,

Thank you for contacting us and please accept our sincere apologies for the delay.

We apologize for the inconvenience but this is not a service we provide, we do not give out return figures on request.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Folke | Entropia Universe Support"

Looks like not everyoine is equal, case closed lol just like my long chapter with the game....what was the question ? :D

Since this quarantine scene been playing a lot more than usual. Two days of the last week were ok, good timing globals made me won an event and few decent multis on craft then it closed up, last 6 days is around 300 ped lost each session of play. Craft is a real sinkhole at moment and if you insist it will eat all your ped card, does't matter if you change server or BP.
Hunting you can stretch your peds a bit more by not losing so fast but if one run you profit a little the game makes sure that next day give you 70% tt returns to even out. Trying to finish some missions on Caly probably is not good to stay so much time on same planet, looks like the multipliers start to vanish after sometime doing the same thing, what should be the inverse to encourage activity or maybe they don't want the grind players only the casual ones but then why iron, bronze and silver challenges?
It's really weird felling, you love this universe and playing for so long but the way the games threat your money with no mercy is behind sick!
Not to talk about that rubber band, lag and fail, fail, fail, that started after one of the last VU's implemented that we dont know if this affect our returns or not. But hey they fixed tier increase and don't even told us! Yeah!
To me the real thrill of game that made me hooked was lost in 2013 when they capped almost everything, they want us to play higher now to have the same chance of those multipliers that cover your last year's losses. Maybe it could work with five times more players but in my opinion it's only hurt players even more. Time will tell, hope MA wake up before having 5 times less active players than before 2013.

That's easy, take me as an example

Yesterday after 3 months break I decided to give EU a go and did some mining. As I checked mining has went through some rough ups and downs recently (redulite hoarding) so I decided to do a quick reconnaissance before starting any serious activity. Bought 100 bombs, chose my four favourite ore spots, 25 bombs each. Set up as usual but without amps.

Result:

Hit rate: 12%
Cost: 101 PED
TT return: 23,6 PED

Yes, I know. Only 100 bombs. That's "just" ten bucks. Ten bucks that can actually buy me a month of subscription of other MMO or just a pack of beers. Yes I know "I need to drop 2k or 3k bombs daily blah blah spending 3-4 hours on it for a week to get anywhere around 93% blah blah". I'm not new in this. But you know what? I need entertainment, not a dreadful hardcore grind party. I just wanted to jump in, have fun for an hour or two and go back to my life...

Soooo no Henrik, thanks for now. I'm still not convinced.

Uhh... :laugh:

Ah, yes. And that's why I decided not to come back yet ^^

But tbh, that's not enough of a sample size. Shoulda done like 1k peds probes.

Hi guys !
One month I come back after years and years without really play (2/3 log in / year).

I began again my favorite activity : mining ! And the two first weeks were wonderful, some nice claims, some bad runs but a TT return of 99% so profit with MU, like in the past.

I said : "yes, game did'nt change".
10 days ago if I'm not wrong there was a patch. Dunno if that explains but now run after run, it's so bad, awful.
25 runs in a row amped with terra amp 1 without a single hof , no XV.
Some globals but a huge loose of peds with some runs with a TT return around 60%

So now, even my MU return is under 100%...

In the past, in a such situation, we knew that a big one will come. But now, it seems impossible and hope is gone too.
I will try some more few runs... if I reach a too bad TT return, then I will return in real life for a while :(
I loved so much this game but now , mining is quite insane, at least since 10 days.

A disappointed miner, Gabrielle Rosenoire.

Those familiar with this platform, need no convincing. Experienced players should do more effords to assist new personalities and by imparting knowledge, attained through experience. Stay kind, generous and helpfull. :wise:

Its not our work, to do Marketting for the platform host, albeit the fact, that many, have taken it upon themselves, to do so, on a volintary basis.

Where do you draw the line? Are you a gamer or a game-develloper, looking for a job? Is your priority to play the game or change it, to how you want it to be, even if your ingame activities, may be negligble at best?

Put money in and play serious, or post your resume and aply for a Job @ Mindark P.E. in Gotemborg.

There are a lot of legit complaints and bugs that need attention, but nothing we say or do will fix anything faster. They have their company secrets and timeline planning and for the most part, we are not privy to it. Neither should we be.

We are part of this project, on volintary basis. We choose to be here. We choose to spend. There is a "exclusivity" to this "Game". :tongue2:

If everyone passed B.U.D.s, the entire navy would be a colony of S.E.A.L.s.

Last edited:
Hi guys !
One month I come back after years and years without really play (2/3 log in / year).

I began again my favorite activity : mining ! And the two first weeks were wonderful, some nice claims, some bad runs but a TT return of 99% so profit with MU, like in the past.

I said : "yes, game did'nt change".
10 days ago if I'm not wrong there was a patch. Dunno if that explains but now run after run, it's so bad, awful.
25 runs in a row amped with terra amp 1 without a single hof , no XV.
Some globals but a huge loose of peds with some runs with a TT return around 60%

So now, even my MU return is under 100%...

In the past, in a such situation, we knew that a big one will come. But now, it seems impossible and hope is gone too.
I will try some more few runs... if I reach a too bad TT return, then I will return in real life for a while :(
I loved so much this game but now , mining is quite insane, at least since 10 days.

A disappointed miner, Gabrielle Rosenoire.

is it as bad as crafting? There's not going to be some bigger multi to make up for the bad run in the next run.
h9lkswsf.jpg

is it as bad as crafting? There's not going to be some bigger multi to make up for the bad run in the next run.
h9lkswsf.jpg

Suggestion: try this sometime, when you can. Before crafting run, make sure, you have around 5K or 10K metal residue in your storage. Before starting the run, make sure you have ticked the "use residue" tab, on crafting display. Even better if you have both enmat & metal res, boxes ticked on. See what results you get and compare it to what you just posted. ( I dare you to try it sometime :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:)

Suggestion: try this sometime, when you can. Before crafting run, make sure, you have around 5K or 10K metal residue in your storage. Before starting the run, make sure you have ticked the "use residue" tab, on crafting display. See what results you get and compare it to what you just posted. ( I dare you to try it sometime :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:)

good one :laugh::laugh::laugh:

change the UI and controls back to how they were before the awful interface update, and/or show them how exciting and fun the game can be, as per the video below:

That is a very cool video.

MA take note! :laugh:

Back after 6 years....And look people are upset about bad loot and game bugs...You can come home again, its like I never left...:D In my experience back, so far I would say loot is better and I like all the new missions there are to do....Seems like a lot less team hunting going on than I remember which is something I am missing, seems there is some aversion to team hunting now that didn't exist in the past. Maybe thats all these shared loot events and instances giving people there fill of group hunting?

since the OP talked about mining and value of money spent I will focus on those comments:

I stopped mining more or less quite a while ago - my last mining global was JUNE 2014!! And yes I've done amped indoor mining since then. I mostly quit because the chances to global seemed so low and hofs were of much lower value. Is that more stable? Maybe, but took lot of excitement out of it for me. Couple that with MUs of resources dropping to almost nothing made being a casual miner a real bad idea.
Another issue is the daily tokens - for mining it is so unbalanced - often 50 TT of something for 3 tokens and that's it. Hunting you can get 12 a day or more.

Then as for return/value = I have the same experience. Love the game, but when I'm able to break free and play other games for say $60 and I can play hours a day for a year it's like why the hell am I playing this game for $60 a week.
I hear new players say too "I'm hunting and loosing all my ped what can I do?" and I hate to say - nothing this is the game. That is nothing new really , but doesn't respond to your original question. Log in, spend 10 bucks and after an hour you have 3 dollars left, a normal reaction is "well - screw that, why put another 10 in = just a waste."

Next episode of the crazy mining adventure of Gabrielle :)

Today, an awesome run ! I broke 15 enhancers in 160 bombs. It's a new record :) :) :) :):yay::yay:

Other record : 27th run in a row without hof, even XV. Each run, I take for 160 bombs of ores + treasures, all amped with terra amp 1.

No globals anymore :)

On 27 runs, 6 positive (max +200), 21 negative :) -2100 peds in 27 runs ^^

Ive been loosing 100-200 ped every hr for weeks most days around 1k loss with 3.540dpp, trying to have a break atm, hard stuff when loving the game. The anxiety is real max anguish when u wanna hunt something and know u gonna loose. I´ts truly horrible atm it all started when i made a depo, it was like a free for all invitiation to completely suck the card dry.

Ive been loosing 100-200 ped every hr for weeks most days around 1k loss with 3.540dpp, trying to have a break atm, hard stuff when loving the game. The anxiety is real max anguish when u wanna hunt something and know u gonna loose. I´ts truly horrible atm it all started when i made a depo, it was like a free for all invitiation to completely suck the card dry.

I think a lot of players can express the same feelings as you. This really is the "Stockholm syndrome" in action. No joke! It's also the capital of Sweden, so convenient.

Few weeks ago with all this quarantine and bored at home, I decided to go into a aggressive play mode for around a week or two. Nothing special besides click some maxed BPs in full condition where the markup input is close to 2% and to hunte some prots and other big stuff that I generally don't. Guess what, each session was around 300 ped loss. I even remember a hunt with 1300 ped ammo spent without a single global (prots and p longus).

I'm not doing small sessions, in fact from what I have observed the longer it's the worst the results.

Cost to play is insanely high! I m ashamed to tell anyone how much I can loss per hour.

But We all have free will. No one point me a gun at my head and tell me to deposit real money on this broken game. And from what I saw in these 12 years of play is that they reward you for NOT deposit.

What a weird algorithm uh? :scratch:

my last mining adventure:
Hell: 90 PED in - ~15 PED out (okay, it's indoor, although after all the 50% or lower return runs a payback global/hof would be neat)
So i switched to outdoor mining, each run 100 Drops:
1. run: ~90% TT-return
2. run: ~90% TT-return
3. run: ~80% TT-return
so far quite okay, but then:
4. run: ~55% TT-return
5. run: ~66% TT-return

:confused:

The best way to convince players to return is 1. a sound marketing strategy and 2. a continual effort by the developers to improve/evolve the game. Of course this applies to newer players as well. No one wants to play an online game that has no ongoing support.

I think Mindark has done good changes to the game overall, all the UI and gameplay changes (even including loot 2.0) are from my personal perspective an improvement to the overall experience.

Still, there is a lot of work to be done. The industry shows us that there is demand for games like Entropia (I am especially looking at the looming release of Star Citizen, and all the money that has been poured into it). Gamers do place monetary value on virtual properties, I don't think that will change anytime soon. But Entropia has to do more to convey the full potential of its sci-fi setting. The planets, the mission system and space are underdeveloped systems. They need a greater interconnectivity, and more fluid integration to make the whole experience less daunting.

But judging by my experience over the last 2 weeks, I think Mindark is committed to improving the game and to make it a fair experience to the players. I just hope they don't bastardise it by rushing new, underdeveloped systems and introducing pay to win mechanics. They need to focus on the important stuff and improve on what's already there. Entropia doesn't need more planets and more systems. It needs to make what it already has reach its full potential.

Last edited:
Everyone talking about losses... not really good to get players to come back with those posts lol.

Maybe show off new avatar clothes that rival IMVU or smth.

Fixing the glitches and lag might go a long way toward player retention

Back