Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Enviro Larry Lagoono
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking good. Zoom not working on Firefox. No js errors reported on console so ??

FF version 74 on Win7

Thank you smoothee. I've added it to the fix list.

Cheers!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Deathplace of Bausch & Lomb, Kodak, Xerox
    Hellbound Happy Heathcliff
    Society
    Spectra
    Images
    Hopefully this will replace the entropiawiki map for day to day use

Great idea and good luck! +1 rep
    HHH Says: If you're not having fun, then you're doing it wrong!

Stalker
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Oh my Larry!
    Excellent Job!
    Thank you- + rep

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images

Thumbs Up

Kudos!
    Such a great work!

We have been missing a Revival Map overlay for revival terminal borders for way over a decade now.
    Do you see a chance to implement this one day?

How does it work?
    Old research project

One more thing:
    Though these projects are so priceless for the playerbase, they tend to get abandoned after a while due to various reasons.

Is there a chance to make this some sort of open source so we all can contribute to it, update it and keep it alive, even when your interests shift, your wife gets pregnant or you get promoted to CEO and have no time left for this?
    See what happened to other brilliant projects like Darkaruki's mob map, Entropiawiki or EntropiaLife. Now they are impossible to update and to develop...
    Last edited by Orion; 03-25-2020 at 21:22.
    The +1 PED Shop: /wp [Calypso, 34282, 48134, 111, Genesis Star Tower B, Block B, Shop #4]
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_orion.jpg

Proud Citizen of Calypso since February 9th, 2002

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Enviro Larry Lagoono
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kudos!
    Such a great work!

We have been missing a Revival Map overlay for revival terminal borders for way over a decade now.
    Do you see a chance to implement this one day?

How does it work?

One more thing:
    Though these projects are so priceless for the playerbase, they tend to get abandoned after a while due to various reasons.

Is there a chance to make this some sort of open source so we all can contribute to it, update it and keep it alive, even when your interests shift, your wife gets pregnant or you get promoted to CEO and have no time left for this?
    See what happened to Darkarukis brilliant mob map, Entropiawiki or EntropiaLife are barely impossible to develop and update, etc...

Hi Orion,

Ah yeah, that's a great idea! I think this will be a great thing to add once we've got all the outposts added. I'll add it to the development list.

A lot of the upcoming work I will need the communities help for, as it is far too much information for one person to gather on their own (things like outpost locations and revival boundaries like you suggest are big candidates for this). I'm currently trying to think of the best way to go about gathering this information, and I'm hoping to release something on this soon.

I get what you're saying about projects being abandoned etc. Let me address this part of your question in parts:

Why it's unlikely I would abandon this project
    • I've been an active and depositing player in EU for around 13 years and I love it!
    • I have a significant investment in the game (LA#40) that you don't just 'chip out' with
    • I love working on this project

However, it's always best to expect the unexpected.....

......so I think it is a good idea to make preparations. I'm not too sure on the idea of pure open source as I'm not sure how that would work with it being linked to a domain, security issues, conflicting information etc.

However, I have purposely been building the site without a MySQL database as I want the site to be as simple as "upload these files to a web server and you're done" kind of experience in case someone takes over the project in future - so I'm kind of part way there.

What I will say though is that, if I do ever feel like I'm getting bored of the project or some other 'life thing' crops up where I no longer have the time, I'll be sure to pass all the files and domain etc to a competent and established EU player so that the project can be kept alive.

Maybe something for the future?
    As well as having the above safeguard, there is nothing to stop us exploring methods such as block-chain type setups etc, but this would definitely something for a future date though.

I really appreciate the feedback and the passion! Thank you!
    Last edited by Larry; 03-25-2020 at 16:59.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Enviro Larry Lagoono
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Just letting everyone know that I've uploaded an update to www.CalypsoMap.com.

The updates made so far have been listed on the first page of this thread.

This is obviously still a work in progress, but please let me know if you notice any bugs or have any feedback.

Cheers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3