www.CalypsoMap.com

Larry

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Enviro Larry Lagoono

Hi!

I've been checking out the excellent work that people like CZ Jane CZ have been doing to try and map out Calypso (truly excellent work guys), and I did find the maps incredibly useful. The only problem seemed to be the fixed format of the map - there's just too much information to squeeze onto that map, and it is prone to going out of date.

Therefore as as part of my wish to try and give back to the community I have decided to try and build an interactive map of Calypso that will allow people to find the location of Teleporters, Land Areas, Mobs, Shared Loot Mobs, Outposts, Mission Brokers, Landmarks, Points of Interest, etc for all to use.

================================================================

The website can be accessed via www.CalypsoMap.com.

================================================================

It's still in the very early stages of development, so a lot of the features haven't been added yet - but especially as many of us are stuck inside at the moment I'm hoping to get this up to scratch pretty quickly.

If you have any thoughts or feature suggestions, or if you would like to help contribute to the development of the map, please post below or contact me in-game.

Last edited:
Map Feature List

Completed Work
  • NEW - Added more TP's and cleaned up the Mob list
  • Added significantly more mob types and locations
  • Copy-paste function for TP Waypoints
  • Addition of Calypso Rescue Team link and Instructions
  • Phase 3 - Mob Location, Density and Maturity being added to Eudoria (15 added)
  • Direct Mob Listing on Land Areas
  • Addition of Mission Brokers and associated search function
  • Made Pins showing Mob locations 25% bigger
  • Addition of Outpost locations
  • Add back-end login for easy admin of mob location pointers
  • Calibration of Lat Lon grid
  • Phase 2 - Mob Location, Density and Maturity being added to Eudoria (15 added)
  • Phase 1 - Mob Location, Density and Maturity added to Eudoria (15 added)
  • Four teleporters that were previously missing have now been added
  • Mob location pins now show even if no Land Area is selected
  • Mob Location, Density and Maturity being added to Amethera
  • Lat Lon position overlay grid being integrated
  • Animated 'target' icon to go around selected TP's to make easier to see on map
  • Make map zoom to where the cursor points
  • Fix Map Zoom Bug in FireFox
  • Initial scope of Eudoria is in progress
  • Map zoom function added
  • Initial Teleporters Added
  • Initial Land Areas added
  • Initial Teleporter and Land Area search features added

Work in Progress
  • ONGOING - Add missing Mob pictures
  • ONGOING - Add missing Outposts

Soon to be Added
  • Mob stats on selection
  • Location of instance caves
  • Location and labeling of shared loot mobs
  • Location and labeling of Banks, Malls and other major shopping areas
  • Map edit request tool

Possible Future Development
  • Addition of landmarks and other points of interest
  • Add 'Historic Map' view option
  • Revival Map overlay for revival terminal borders
  • Live tracking of Wave Events
  • Addition of mineral locations

Last edited:
Reserved (Just in Case) :cool:

Hi fred!

Yep, I'm on with adding them now. Eudoria will be done first (probably this week) - as it was easier due to defined Land Areas.

The map you've posted is excellent, but it's a few years old so I'm just doing some scoping to check how much of it is still correct before I start adding locations.

Cheers! :yay:

Hi fred!

Yep, I'm on with adding them now. Eudoria will be done first (probably this week) - as it was easier due to defined Land Areas.

The map you've posted is excellent, but it's a few years old so I'm just doing some scoping to check how much of it is still correct before I start adding locations.

Cheers! :yay:

It's pretty accurate from my experience - sure it's old, but way better than anything we have.
Maybe a few spawns here and there and event mobs obviously.

Looking nice so far.

I love the increased Zoom on it.

Would it be possible to make zoom focus where the cursor is ?

Very nice work, I love it :woot:

I can see myself using this soon instead of the Calypso Explorer map, once you add the mobs to it :)

+rep from me!

Legends

Old school TP runs! We definitely need some more of this type of activity to build the community :) + rep

It's pretty accurate from my experience - sure it's old, but way better than anything we have.
Maybe a few spawns here and there and event mobs obviously.

Ok, well if it looks like the scope is starting to match the map you sent - I'll just follow the map layout and we can amend if needed from there.

Thank you for posting this. :)

Nice idea... would be neat if there was a historic side to it.... I suppose you could use way back machine to capture it as it is and then later as it progresses, etc... Would be neat if it was possible to do really historic maps like from the earlier days, etc.

Here's a link to Falco's old maps...
http://www.moselbert.de/EU/Entropiakarten.htm

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...y-Maps-VU-10&p=2124249&viewfull=1#post2124249

Entropia Pioneers also has a few old maps... not very detailed but for historic purposes may serve some purpose?

ENTROPIA PIONEERS GRAPHICS (copied from Internet Archive's Way Back Machine):

Last edited:
Nice idea... would be neat if there was a historic side to it.... I suppose you could use way back machine to capture it as it is and then later as it progresses, etc... Would be neat if it was possible to do really historic maps like from the earlier days, etc.

Here's a link to Falco's old maps...
http://www.moselbert.de/EU/Entropiakarten.htm

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...y-Maps-VU-10&p=2124249&viewfull=1#post2124249

Entropia Pioneers also has a few old maps... not very detailed but for historic purposes may serve some purpose?

ENTROPIA PIONEERS GRAPHICS (copied from Internet Archive's Way Back Machine):

[/SIZE]

Oh wow, that brings back some memories!

Sure, I'll add it to the list for future development. :)

Looking good. Zoom not working on Firefox. No js errors reported on console so ??

FF version 74 on Win7

Hopefully this will replace the entropiawiki map for day to day use :zzz:

Great idea and good luck! +1 rep

Kudos!
Such a great work!

We have been missing a Revival Map overlay for revival terminal borders for way over a decade now.
Do you see a chance to implement this one day?

How does it work?
Old research project

One more thing:
Though these projects are so priceless for the playerbase, they tend to get abandoned after a while due to various reasons.

Is there a chance to make this some sort of open source so we all can contribute to it, update it and keep it alive, even when your interests shift, your wife gets pregnant or you get promoted to CEO and have no time left for this?
See what happened to other brilliant projects like Darkaruki's mob map, Entropiawiki or EntropiaLife. Now they are impossible to update and to develop...

Last edited:
Kudos!
Such a great work!

We have been missing a Revival Map overlay for revival terminal borders for way over a decade now.
Do you see a chance to implement this one day?

How does it work?

One more thing:
Though these projects are so priceless for the playerbase, they tend to get abandoned after a while due to various reasons.

Is there a chance to make this some sort of open source so we all can contribute to it, update it and keep it alive, even when your interests shift, your wife gets pregnant or you get promoted to CEO and have no time left for this?
See what happened to Darkarukis brilliant mob map, Entropiawiki or EntropiaLife are barely impossible to develop and update, etc...

Hi Orion,

Ah yeah, that's a great idea! I think this will be a great thing to add once we've got all the outposts added. I'll add it to the development list. :cool:

A lot of the upcoming work I will need the communities help for, as it is far too much information for one person to gather on their own (things like outpost locations and revival boundaries like you suggest are big candidates for this). I'm currently trying to think of the best way to go about gathering this information, and I'm hoping to release something on this soon.

I get what you're saying about projects being abandoned etc. Let me address this part of your question in parts:

Why it's unlikely I would abandon this project
  • I've been an active and depositing player in EU for around 13 years and I love it!
  • I have a significant investment in the game (LA#40) that you don't just 'chip out' with
  • I love working on this project

However, it's always best to expect the unexpected.....

......so I think it is a good idea to make preparations. I'm not too sure on the idea of pure open source as I'm not sure how that would work with it being linked to a domain, security issues, conflicting information etc.

However, I have purposely been building the site without a MySQL database as I want the site to be as simple as "upload these files to a web server and you're done" kind of experience in case someone takes over the project in future - so I'm kind of part way there.

What I will say though is that, if I do ever feel like I'm getting bored of the project or some other 'life thing' crops up where I no longer have the time, I'll be sure to pass all the files and domain etc to a competent and established EU player so that the project can be kept alive. ;)

Maybe something for the future?
As well as having the above safeguard, there is nothing to stop us exploring methods such as block-chain type setups etc, but this would definitely something for a future date though.

I really appreciate the feedback and the passion! Thank you! :yay:

Last edited:
Just letting everyone know that I've uploaded an update to www.CalypsoMap.com.

The updates made so far have been listed on the first page of this thread.

This is obviously still a work in progress, but please let me know if you notice any bugs or have any feedback.

Cheers! :cool:

Just letting everyone know that I've uploaded another update to www.CalypsoMap.com.

The updates made so far (as well as new requested features) have been listed on the first page of this thread.

This is obviously still a work in progress, but please let me know if you notice any bugs or have any feedback.

Cheers! :wtg:

Is it possible to keep the same speed of zoom as the initial zoom.

As it is , as you get further down it slows.

Is it possible to keep the same speed of zoom as the initial zoom.

As it is , as you get further down it slows.

Hi Bones,

It could be.

I've had some people asking for map zoom to go back to 'zoom to center' as well, so I'm just trying to balance out what the majority of people want to see as unfortunately I can't cater to every preference.

However, if enough people want to see this change, I'll make the change. :)

Cheers!

Back