Suggestion: "Unstuck" function

Xen

Mutated
Society
AO
Xendar Xen Xal
Sometimes our avatars become stuck on various objects in the game, and sometimes it's not possible to spawn a vehicle close enough to jump in and become unstuck. An "unstuck" function that places your avatar maybe 10m away like a short tp would be useful.

*edit: spelling

Last edited:
the only way i found to get unstuck is spamming the map,inventory (anything) and forward , in 99% of cases worked

the only way i found to get unstuck is spamming the map,inventory (anything) and forward , in 99% of cases worked

Thanks, I will try that. Still would be nice to be able to just press a key though.

It works for claiming ores and enmatter, why not avatars. Good suggestion

(And if they would code the coords to themselves, they could fix the bugs)

Swimming is the worst!

It's just really bad.
Fall in the water next to a cliff or wall = Stuck
Swim to shore with too much angle = Stuck.
Swimming is horrible ever since the Camera Update.
Only works in 1st person to turn.
Argh...

Then there's the flip your car upside down and find out Entropia is really Water World with some skin on top.
Stuck upside down or swimming like houdini looking for air.

Great suggestion!

It's just really bad.

Yes, 90% of my getting stuck is due to steep shores. Luckily I have a vehicle that can spawn on water. It was free from somewhere and is like a hoverpod, but only has 20pec tt value, so don't destroy it! It's like a snowmobile... the name still evades me - why isn't my coffee kicking in yet?

Anyway - even 2 metres would do the trick, but I fear people would use it to get through walls - virtual quantum tunneling!!! Still, most of the time being lifted 2 metres would have the same freeing effect, unless we then got stuck in ceilings ofc. What is the simplest code MA could implement that doesn't have side effects?

Great suggestion!

Yes, 90% of my getting stuck is due to steep shores. Luckily I have a vehicle that can spawn on water. It was free from somewhere and is like a hoverpod, but only has 20pec tt value, so don't destroy it! It's like a snowmobile... the name still evades me - why isn't my coffee kicking in yet?

Anyway - even 2 metres would do the trick, but I fear people would use it to get through walls - virtual quantum tunneling!!! Still, most of the time being lifted 2 metres would have the same freeing effect, unless we then got stuck in ceilings ofc. What is the simplest code MA could implement that doesn't have side effects?

Sounds as if you are referring to the Strider from Next Island , is one of my favorite vehicles to unstuck me.

I usually click "T" and wait for revive when I become stuck.

Sounds as if you are referring to the Strider from Next Island , is one of my favorite vehicles to unstuck me.

Yes, that's the one. I was wondering where I'd got it from - I also settled for Next Island as the answer, from when I did the newish beginner chain a couple of months ago. VERY low fuel use as well...

***It really is a positive for going to NI*** - and given how I've been a bit negative about the share offering, credit where credit is due!

It is indeed very annoying and it happens quite often.

The best thing would be to make sure that it is no longer possible to get stuck in the ground or in parts of the scenery.

At least a function that could TP 1 meter in front of us in 5 seconds would be nice too.
An immediate function would be better, but no doubt people would find a way to take advantage of this to hunt...

Thanks for the tip, it works. :)
Anyway it works when you are stuck in the sloping ground, I haven't tested for blocking in plants/trees yet.

By the way, if MA read this, I take the opportunity to talk about 3 "bugs" related to the terrain which are also annoying:

1/ There are still invisible elements all around Calypso (probably plants or rocks)

It was reported several times when it first appeared (at least a year ago).
And it's still there.

Land 01 (the Traeskeron's land) is a good example.

2/ Some areas are bugged when it comes to mining.

It is impossible to mine in these areas, since we (very often) receive messages "you can't mine in this location" (maybe not the exact sentence) without any apparent reason.
These zones are quite large.
The best example I know of is the area North and East of Zeus.

3/ This one is probably as old as the game itself... :rolleyes:

The little flying mobs (like Diripi, Pupugi, etc...) enjoy hitting us while hiding under the ground, where we can't reach them.

Maybe making the ground impossible to get through would prevent both the avatars from getting stuck there, and the mobs from hiding there...?

^ works maybe 2% of the time for me.... but relog works about 80%

It's just really bad.
Only works in 1st person to turn.
Argh...

Then there's the flip your car upside down and find out Entropia is really Water World with some skin on top.
Stuck upside down or swimming like houdini looking for air.
Falling through the ground in the middle of combat is shit.

Maybe making the ground impossible to get through would prevent both the avatars from getting stuck there, and the mobs from hiding there...?
The trouble with that fine solution is, it's a clipping resolution error, which is done by CryEngine not by MindArk's use of it. Fixing this error means replacing CryEngine.

Back