PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dominant
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Soumal Thewebbie Darksky
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images

Anxiety and COVID-19

For those that already have anxiety issues how are you holding up? My anxiety has been off the charts and all my usual techniques to calm myself are not working as well.

It doesn't help that I can not deposit and play more. This game has always been a great source of escape for me.

Naomi
    Society
    NotBeforeSocietyOverhaul
    Images
    Hi, I used to be like you a bit I think.
    What I do is the following:
    1 - learn to play without depositing (quite satisfactory)
    2 - work on rl projects (like converting a car, building stuff). (very satisfactory)
    3 - watch less bloated media channels with panic news
    4 - change diet to less stress-causing foods (scale down on meat, sugar, preservatives, basically anything that is processed food)
    5 - last but not least, avoid situations, and especially people that cause you stress.

When animals are under stress of being attacked for instance, they enter fight/flight mode. This means that all of their energy goes towards muscle tissue and reactive responses. Non-survival mechanisms, such as digestion, cell repair, compassion,... are temporarily deactivated.

People tend to use sugar, alcohol, etc, to escape these stress-feelings. Please keep in mind that when you take mood-elevating substances, one basically 'lends' energy from his own future. It will always give a negative effect later on.

goodluck, it's not easy but doable.

No Livestream at the moment:
    Click to go to the twitch.tv/openair247 Livestream

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Yo Darksky. We are all in the same situation since the future is so uncertain. What works for me is focusing on more and harder on a things that matter the most. Do workouts like never before, connect and reconnect with friends and family, read some stuff, find new hobbies, meditate, breathing techniques if things are hard, find some new skill to learn, maybe a new podcast (try The Drive with dr. Peter Attia or see Joe Rogan's series).
    Finding positive aspects and opportunities is the way forward.

Good luck and stay safe

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Roger Spacejanitor Wilco
    Society
    (Col.) Arkadia Rouchnecks
    Images
    Same here, sort off. My car in the garage for repairs. The damn thing died on me just before the lockdown. Speaking of perfect timing lol. I am however waiting on some money, removed from the game in Feb. The first should be in over a week or so. Need that to pay for car repairs. Im just taking a break from this game. Many other games to play too. I may however, depo some next month to play some more. Or maybe not lol. I enjoy the game a lot more, when I come back after taking a decent break from it. Hasnt been good to me lootwise anyway. So not losing any sleep about EU at all. When Lootius screws me, I dont depo. That simple actually.

Isle of Troy Plot #5 & Southern Ithaca Plot #14
    Nea's Place TP & Sanctuary Cove TP & Aakas Island Arkadia. Starfinder XIII & Firebird

TS TSEC CRYPTO
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Ahh man that's not good. I know a few people away from the game who are in the same boat

This is an absolute shitstorm for sure, but hang in there. Even if you cannot play the game like you used to, there's always ingame chat. Lots of good people there always ready to have a natter

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hiro Protagonist
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thewebbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those that already have anxiety issues how are you holding up? My anxiety has been off the charts and all my usual techniques to calm myself are not working as well.

It doesn't help that I can not deposit and play more. This game has always been a great source of escape for me.
    Just remember that crowds are bad but just being outside isn't. So try to walk for an hour outside if you can. Maybe walk or adopt a dog. Donate your time to a local animal shelter.

Be outside during this time. It will help.

Above all, remember that your life has worth and value. This virus shall pass and when it does you'll (and all of us) will be stronger for making it through.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    If you follow instructions and listen to the people in the medical field you will be fine. Go out alone for a quick walk when you feel the stress building up, just keep your distance from other people and wash youself when you come back.

Keep yourself busy, don't be afraid to talk about it, and try not to follow the craze (all that toilet paper thing is beyond stupidity). Look it's not the end of the world, most countries are just trying to slow it down so that healthcare systems don't collapse. Stores will keep being re-stocked, hospitals will keep working if we are disciplined, we'll get through this.

I think one of the best ways to calm youself down is to just talk about it, you will see how everyone is probably having similar experiences.

Get ingame even if it's just to chat, that's free

PS:
    I'm from Spain, it's hitting us pretty hard here. If you feel you really need help, please talk to a professional there's no shame in that. Some stranger over the internet is not the best form of counseling I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Angel O2 Mercer; 03-30-2020 at 12:15.

Dominant
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Soumal Thewebbie Darksky
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    You are awesome Evey!

Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo Darksky. We are all in the same situation since the future is so uncertain. What works for me is focusing on more and harder on a things that matter the most. Do workouts like never before, connect and reconnect with friends and family, read some stuff, find new hobbies, meditate, breathing techniques if things are hard, find some new skill to learn, maybe a new podcast (try The Drive with dr. Peter Attia or see Joe Rogan's series).
    Finding positive aspects and opportunities is the way forward.

Good luck and stay safe

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
    Some good advice here. Basically when you're anxious you need to distract yourself with something that's not gonna be even more harmful. EU is one of those things, and I wish that MA would make things a little bit more sustainable for the playerbase so we can weather this storm together.

I'd say first thing to do is to put your TV where it belongs... In the trash bin.

Then you rely on your direct and close environment to assess the/your situation, and you will realize that everything is not that bad.

This is true any time, not only during a "crisis"...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast