Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jar Jasis Sismondi
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Hey dear socmate,

It's been said by wiser people than me in this thread, but this is a really unprecedented global situation - we really all are in this together. There's the mental and emotional transition we are all going through to get used to how things are now. Give yourself some time and go easy on yourself mate.

What has been working for me (mostly).
    1. Get plenty of sleep.
    2. Meditation or breathing exercises. Can't say how much this helps. We cant change what is happening but we can certainly change how we feel about it.
    3. Get some fresh air if you can, or try some indoor exercises (squats, press-ups etc)
    4. Eat as clean as you can.
    5. Get back into that hobby you've been neglecting. I have sore fingers from guitar practice!
    6. Reading - real books are a joy to read.
    7. Limit the amount of News/Media etc you watch.
    8. EU. Just come in and say hi to the crew :-)

Take it easy mate - we'll all get through this together.

Jar
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_jasis_signatur.jpg

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say first thing to do is to put your TV where it belongs... In the trash bin.

Then you rely on your direct and close environment to assess the/your situation, and you will realize that everything is not that bad.

This is true any time, not only during a "crisis"...
    That's a pretty bad thing to do. Reality will hit your made up bubble much harder.
    Staying informed during these times is more important than ever. But carefully choose your source (the official source, governments, medical officials etc).
    Living in a parallel universe is even dangerous. Such people still go out in the parks and socializing then they end up infecting their parents and grandparents just because their TVs were in the trash at the right time and their close environment neighbors were like them, anti vaxxers and things didn't seem so bad to them.

Get a good dose of reality every day and use your critical thinking instead of hiding under a blanket, you will filter ut the bullshit easy but you will know what to do, when to act and d the right thing for you and your loved ones.

Things are bad but that tells us once again how important life is, how frail we are and that we should better take care of each other.
    There are things we can't change so we must not focus on them, but we should focus harder on what we can do for ourselves and others right now to make things better!
    Stay safe & stay informed

Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    Living in a parallel universe is even dangerous.
    I knew that comment would come up..

I didn't talk at all about living in a parallel world.

If you think TV is the real world, good for you.
    But when I want to see the real world, I don't look through a screen, but through my window...

use your critical thinking instead of hiding under a blanket, you will filter ut the bullshit easy
    Sure, most people have critical thinking, and know how to sort out bullshit from truth, it's well known...

Things are bad but that tells us once again how important life is, how frail we are and that we should better take care of each other.
    There are things we can't change so we must not focus on them, but we should focus harder on what we can do for ourselves and others right now to make things better!
    That's true, but it's very sad that people need such a crisis to realize it...

At least it could be a positive thing to give to this crisis.

But sadly this feeling will soon be forgotten, the very first day after the last day of the crisis, the world will go back to the good old usual "every man for himself"...

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Thankfully, dispensaries are still open here, so anxiety is not a problem for me.

If they do end up closing and I run out, get ready for some crazy shitposting.

Prowler
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    1) Connect with your family and friends in real life and make sure you have emotional support you need to get through this challenging time

2) Practice self-care. Take care of yourself and check in with yourself.

3) Psycho-therapy is really helpful if you just need a little extra help with coping.

4) Know that if you are self-isolating, it may seem like you are not helping,but you are helping prevent the spread of the virus.

5) Not sure how much opportunity there is to do this, but maybe there's a way to volunteer for some cause while you are staying at home.

Just know you are not alone in these feelings, and that you can reach out to a lot of us if you need someone to talk to. Thank you for posting about your feelings on this forum.
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

Chaotic Good
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Governments across the globe have had to walk a fine line between making their population understand this is serious whilst not causing panic.

They have all pretty much done this, the measures they have had to take have been to protect their health services from being swamped and to protect the vulnerable (age & health conditions)

It is important to be informed about this virus without overloading yourself (especially from lets say 'less than reliable' sources)

Messages above that suggest distracting yourself with hobbies, music, films I can heartedly recommend. Comedies should help a lot - laughing is excellent medicine.

One final thing that should reassure, the vast majority of us will make a full and rapid recovery from this virus. I did. Be well out there and keep washing those hands.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Acoomba Naverith Rafael
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    The media, being the lapdogs of the Globalists, are feeding this pandemic into such an astounding degree of hype I'm astounded that we all aren't hiding in our duct-taped-closed closets!

Communication is the greatest therapy there is. Get into comm with people on the forum, in chat rooms, on your phone, etc.

When you get really agitated, here is an exercise you can do that'll take your attention off your "you" and put it outside (anxiety is basically "you" getting sucked into yourself)

Go outside (or to a window):
    1) Look at an object far away and REALLY look at it.
    2) Look at an object close to you the same way.
    3) Continue doing these until you are either bored or feel better.

What you are doing in a physical manner, is basically changing your viewpoint from "you" to the outside. Trust me - this works. I've used it (modified) to bring a patient out of a catatonic state.

Here's another "secret", especially fot those of you in the US: https://ustv247.tv/

Just don't watch the news.

Hell with the toilet paper (I have a bidet) - just stock up on wine!

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    Stay safe & stay informed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Hey dear socmate,

What has been working for me (mostly).
    1. Get plenty of sleep.
    2. Meditation or breathing exercises. Can't say how much this helps. We cant change what is happening but we can certainly change how we feel about it.
    3. Get some fresh air if you can, or try some indoor exercises (squats, press-ups etc)
    4. Eat as clean as you can.
    5. Get back into that hobby you've been neglecting. I have sore fingers from guitar practice!
    6. Reading - real books are a joy to read.
    7. Limit the amount of News/Media etc you watch.
    8. EU. Just come in and say hi to the crew :-)

Take it easy mate - we'll all get through this together.

Jar
    Great advice!

I have been doing most of these and really enjoying things I have forgotten about.

I have been doing a lot of yard work and organizing inside my home, that I have been putting off, that seems to help. The warmer days are making it more pleasurable to get outside.

Spending time with family and enjoying activities together is nice when everyone is home and not running in 100 directions normally.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Roger Spacejanitor Wilco
    Society
    (Col.) Arkadia Rouchnecks
    Images

Isle of Troy Plot #5 & Southern Ithaca Plot #14
    Nea's Place TP & Sanctuary Cove TP & Aakas Island Arkadia. Starfinder XIII & Firebird

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next to the Ketchup, and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
    Bare BareBones Bones
    Society
    Skillin Villains
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Naverith View Post
    Here's another "secret", especially fot those of you in the US: https://ustv247.tv/

Was a good link yesterday , today looks to be dead.
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
    11 October 1884 7 November 1962

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2