Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Alpha
    Chenghis LuisArkadov Pandoran
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

When you two geniuses get the virus or know someone who does you may be a bit more informed, although I somehow doubt it.

I have some elderly relatives I wish to visit once this is over but that'll be 6 months or more away. Fortunately I have my own gym equipment so I can keep fit in the house.
    I also have relatives i care for & am worried about. This is the season for these types of diseases to kill people unfortunately. It's like that every year!

So when 25000 folks died of the flu in Germany 2 years ago where was all the panic & outrage, the armies of hazmat suits & body bags?

36million americans came down with the flu since september...150k ish folks needed hospital treatment. 20k+ died. Has anyone bat an eye lid?

I've been doing nothing but following the data being published by the official federal health departments. I ignored most of the noice in the msm & blogosphere because it's anxiety inducing.

We have so many IT savvy players who do so much number crunching. I encourage you to query data published by your health authorities & put them into perspective of what's currently happenening!

Again, test a random 100.000 folks in every country. No symptoms required. Just grab 100.000 people. Test them for covid19, for all the known coronas, for the flu. Also, test them for antibodies.

If you only test people showing strong symptoms and ignoring everyone else then you get vastly exaggered numbers of serious cases & fatality rates. Even ones with mild symptoms are not consistently tested. Many doctors and hospitals assume that in many european countries the virus has gone through 10-20% of the populace already. Mostly without symptoms altogether.

These more comprehensive tests are happening in some countries already and the results point to this virus not being any or much different then corona viruses we already know!

Let's give politics a short time to change narrative & safe face.

Please don't resort to name calling just yet. Come out of your shock freeze and start looking at the data and ignore the shocking footage.

I also just want to figure out what's happening. Please do correct me if i'm wrong but use data not imagery. Please distinguish what's down to the virus and what's down to the measure society took.

let's stay civil for once.

Wishing all of you the best!
    Last edited by LuisArkadov; 03-31-2020 at 13:50. Reason: typo

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Learn the difference between Seasonal influenza and a Pandemic.

1918 Pandemic killed up to 50 million.
    1968 Pandemic killed between 1 and 4 million.

I'd imagine over 90% of the forum users werent around for either of those, including me.

If you dont like being called dumb, then learn either history or about healthcare preferably both.

When you get the virus (which affects your ability to breathe) you might start to reconsider whether this is a dangerous disease or not.

Alpha
    Chenghis LuisArkadov Pandoran
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images

I'd imagine over 90% of the forum users werent around for either of those, including me.

If you dont like being called dumb, then learn either history or about healthcare preferably both.

When you get the virus (which affects your ability to breathe) you might start to reconsider whether this is a dangerous disease or not.
    What points do you try to address with these numbers?

Flu kills an estimated 300k to 600k globally every year. That's long term averages.

The testing methods currently being deployed differ vastly by country. Which is in part explaining why Germany's positive cases are so high & yet fatality numbers so low compared to others.

In many countries a person who's already hospitalised with cancer or recovering from a very recent heart attack is deemed to have died from covid19 just because the presence of the virus in that person was proven at time of death. What wasn't proven is if this was ultimately the cause of death. Who could really tell with an 80+ years old individual with these types of pre-conditions. Never mind that they still do not check these deceased people for all the other corona & influenza viruses. Only Covid19.

You will only find what you're looking for! Yet numbers are being presented to the public as if all these folks died only from this novel virus. This makes no sense at all! You have to see that, no?

The reporting & stats are highly misleading and causes half the world to shiver with anxiety. The anxiety & the panic will kill more people than this virus in the end.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Janko SuperKanjo vd Haak
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LuisArkadov View Post
    You will only find what you're looking for! Yet numbers are being presented to the public as if all these folks died only from this novel virus. This makes no sense at all! You have to see that, no?
    I think we can all agree that people die from COVID-19, right? Taking actions to minimise the spreading of the virus as much as possible will save lives. You can disagree on the number presented, but every life that can be saved is a win.

Don't know why you keep taling about the flu, we are dealing with COVID-19 right now.
    Account Created 2006-03-03

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LuisArkadov View Post
    Flu kills an estimated 300k to 600k globally every year. That's long term averages.
    Healthcare systems in a lot of countries do not collapse every year like they are (or are about to) at the moment.
    You have to see that, no?

Naomi
    Society
    NotBeforeSocietyOverhaul
    Images
    For a FACT, in Italy, if today someone dies in a car crash, and they test the deseased for covid19, find him positive, he enters the statistics as having died with covid19, adding to the pandemic statistics. How weird is that?

Some Italian minister officially said that the numbers of fatalities are the people who died WITH covid19, not FROM. There is a huge difference between those.

Don't get me wrong, every death is one too many.
    However, today the fatality number in Italy is 10.023 WITH corona, of which 99.2% had a heavy medical history and was aged. That means that a maximum of 0.8% died from covid19 having a reasonable health. That is 80 people total in 3 months.

For many, corona is the drop in their health bucket, that their body can't handle. Which is absolutely sad for them and their environment.

The fact that it has been declared a pandemic, is based on pure speculation and not on factual numbers.
    Last edited by Naomi; 03-31-2020 at 12:34.

No Livestream at the moment:
    Click to go to the twitch.tv/openair247 Livestream

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Don Roberto Roberto
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    Please, act normal and live. It's just a cold/pneumonia that kills elderly and sick people.
    It does NOT kill only elderly and sick people, check again!

Exactly!

Everyone is seeing the hazmat suits and body bags but some are not able to actually interpret the facts correctly.
    A Pandemic is making more victims than seasonal flue DESPITE social distancing, quarantine, isolation, hazmat suits body bags, etc., etc.
    Imagine how many victims we`d have WITHOUT these measures!

Jan Candydog NL Universe
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    Healthcare systems in a lot of countries do not collapse every year like they are (or are about to) at the moment.
    You have to see that, no?
    I actually wasn't planning on commenting on this, but here you go.
    I have seen data about IC beds in Netherlands in 2018, there were alot more then now in 2020.
    (Might be another year, but I think I can remember they told 2018, it was published somewere on tv, don't ask me were that was, those numbers are probably also findable on the net, i'm not going to look for them.)
    So it's due to cut backs from goverments, so start pointing at them.
    We had beds enough, but due to goverment cut backs we have not enough atm.

Believe whatever you want, I only trust myself, and my common sense on how to handle this, I even don't believe the so called experts, as they contradict themselfs over and over again.
    See the bigger picture.

And alot of us all ready had the silly virus without even knowing it, and without symptons, or just light symptons.
    How about those numbers?
    Entropia Universe: RCE -> RCNE
    Done with this MuppetShow.
    Have fun, and stay in tune, or was it, stay tuned?

Naomi
    Society
    NotBeforeSocietyOverhaul
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Count0 View Post
    Exactly!

A Pandemic is making more victims than seasonal flue DESPITE social distancing, quarantine, isolation, hazmat suits body bags, etc., etc.
    Imagine how many victims we`d have WITHOUT these measures!
    Possibly, but this is pure speculation, there is no way to prove it.

Good health measures are usually based on science, and not on speculation.

No Livestream at the moment:
    Click to go to the twitch.tv/openair247 Livestream

I'm going to get back into sociology, and social phsychology.
    And I'm going to get back to observing the group behaviours of ants.
    It's fascinating.
    Last edited by ~ Cirrus ~; 03-31-2020 at 12:15.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast