Let Get Real Clear on Cheaters/Botters and How to Fight Them

Status
The virus is now killing 60 people a day there, almost doubling every day, and the controls are limited. (My state has 1 million less people than Sweden with 69 total deaths) The economy there will crumble, like most other economies around the world, and only a very small fraction of players will be able to deposit to support them, that is if Mindark isn't forced to fold to the impact on Swedens economy, and little resources to bail them out.

On current statistics 5% of the players who get infected will pass away. But since the player base is more isolated than non gamers its probably half that. But lets say there are 5k players. We'll probably lose 50-100 players to the virus. Sadly.

We might actually gain player base with people idle at home spending their savings or gov handouts.

I'm glass half full so I suspect we'll mostly still be here next year and the year after.

...I admit, I really read the thread up to now...but either I missed it or nobody really wrote it...
I can profit from botting ?WITH WHAT? ?

Anybody that has played long enough knows, the cheapest way to gain skills is chipping in, the codex rewards might seem promising, but still, what you gain in skills you lose in return rate.

Attributes...right...you make a profit by chipping them out :D
And they give you a huge advantage (would guestimate that 200 stamina could actually give you enough regen that you get a full heal on your 400 health within 5 minutes instead of 6 when you only have 10 ).

Loot?
So botting on Daikibas hurts the market because of the loot the botters earn?
Wow...should follow the market closer, did not know that anything with high MU drops of them (or on any mob for that matter )
Prolly that one ava called "test1" in the Neomex was checking for hours on if someone was botting and recording it (shyte, should have reported that ava, was prolly a second account but one can never be sure)
And then again, the cheapest way to get loot and profit from it, place an order on the auction and sell it with profit.

I found the change with dumbing down the whole hunting to the F key really annoying, makes me feel like I am a bot now.
For those that want to prevent RSI...got absolutely no problem with it
But all in all, if somebody is wasting his money to MA(and through the shares to us) using a bot, I say "Thank you for beeing an idiot with more money than sense and sharing your wealth".

edith: and on another sidenote
The current bounty on Abomb on the bountyboard is laughable.
10 PED per kill ? seriously ?
I do respect the no trade conditions with persons being on the bountyboard, but I can not imagine anyone going out to kill someone in PvP for just 10 PED per kill, does not cover ammo annd time spent and simply not worth the effort.

Last edited:
There actually is a Bountyboard!! o_O

Where is it? And How do you get on it? Are there reasons stated why someone was placed on it? Like being a dick or something?

I think it would give much enjoyment to check this "Bountyboared" from time to time.

Was it mentioned on that long post by tBANNA? I could not finish reading it (I was worried that my IQ would be depressed the longer I spent wading through it. And I am glad it was not deleted by the mods, it will serve as a permanent reminder to everybody how a foul mouthed clown behaves) - he just seemed to be upset with Abomb for some reason.

Anyway would someone please post that Bountyboard address :)

40,000 Basic Filters

I crafted 40,000 basic filters while I was away last weekend.
Am I a Bot?:lolup:
Maybe I should have to be there and click the make a fiter button 40,000 times.:laugh:
I think the OP should unload the game and geta life.

Loot?
So botting on Daikibas hurts the market because of the loot the botters earn?
Wow...should follow the market closer, did not know that anything with high MU drops of them (or on any mob for that matter )

It isn't just about Daikiba's what do you think Botting does for all MU on all mobs? What does it do to event competitions? What does it do to LGs? What does it do for the overall health of the game when there are Bots set up throughout the Universe 24/7 on all these different mobs. What it does is ruin the economy and the legit player because they can't compete with a machine or in a system where there is hardly any MU anymore. Sadly the Botters are getting most of the only MU left and the rare items by being set up to give them the best chance to win by eliminating the factor of time.

Outputs are at 129% Should be 200%
Spleen is at 103% ! ( seriously that is embarrassingly low ) Should be 115%
Etc...etc....

You could go right through a list of crashing MU of course. There are botters everywhere, in the cave trying to bot the best MU. On mobs that drop ESI and other rare items and of course in events just running 24/7 till they get those 5k pt tokens. It's a form of manipulation that ruins the integrity of the game and causes players to leave because there isn't really any competition at all. It's a very broken system that needs to be looked at if this game is to have any serious future.

How is a Real Cash economy game going to grow when cheating is not just accepted but the growing norm and the economy is all but dried up. Eventually all that will be left is Bots and if that is the type of game MA wants to deliver. Then they should change nothing because it's well on it's way. Just call it Botters Universe.

If nothing changes then nothing changes and things only get worse

Last edited:
edith: and on another sidenote
The current bounty on Abomb on the bountyboard is laughable.
10 PED per kill ? seriously ?
I do respect the no trade conditions with persons being on the bountyboard, but I can not imagine anyone going out to kill someone in PvP for just 10 PED per kill, does not cover ammo annd time spent and simply not worth the effort.

Ohh cool didn't know there was a bounty board I guess that is where the honest legit players end up who are trying to make the game a better place for the community :cool:

There is no limit of things to what a cheater will try to impose on someone. Where is this bounty board would love to screen shot of me in front of it so I can send to all my new fans.

In PvP please please us MF on me I am serious! I really need to skill Jammer thanks :yay:

1%20(7).gif
Find all the deepest secrets in here...

9886971.jpg

Lets Get Real........................

Summation it seems from all these threads :

Some attribute aren't worth the trouble..

Bot people will always stream when they aren't botting...

Enjoy the journey, not the destination :hug:

Just my take on it..Enjoy the game :wtg:

Last edited:
im long time in this game and saw much bots and macros and MA never banned any of them .
MA bans and blocks only people that get to much tickets . in my reson i was blocked becaus of posting to much sell posts in trade chan ;)

but back to the topic . the rules dont say anything about bots or macros becaus they lose the same peds like each other hunter . the mu dont drops becaus of bots , im a trader for long time and the mu drops becaus of people that think they sell faster if they sell at lower price . atm much new and old players kill many mu items . look at the 10 mg pills , they droped down from 6-7ped down to 4,5 - 5.5 ped after last mayhem . why ? becaus all winners changed the tokens and want sell fast . the mu on outputs drops becaus robo event and the robots drop outputs !

a 24/7 bot would need much better mu to lose lower peds . the part of tos you postet is wrong . the tools dont read any informations from server or client and thats the reason ma dont cares about them . maybe you can report some of them becaus the part in tos that says they get skills faster in a unfair way . the unfair rule maybe hits your point .

and some told killsteal is against the tos and thats wrong 2 . MA says its part of the game and its only against the rules if you killsteal only some players . so as long you killsteal all players or many onf them its not against the rules :eyecrazy:

maybe a report for the sweatbots would work becaus this bots move to locations and start sweat gather again and again and that is a tool that reads in the client to find the right pos .

good luck with you complains about macros becaus near each better keyboard or mouse offers macros so in each game they are used .

i talked a time ago about using bugs and all players that tamed L.A.R.A used a bug in game to get that pet and should be banned . some guys done the first quest for the [Karona's Velocity Jumpsuit (F)] with hdna and they dont got banned . some guys exploit each day into zones that need a item to enter and they dont get banned . in the older mayhems the playes build up a wall with lower mobs that blocked the higher ones to stay longer alive and they dont got banned . in my eyes the hunting bots are the lowest problem in game . in old times there was a way to call a mod to show such things but in this times MA has nobody that watchs at such things .
its bad but nothing will happen . but traders get banned for posting in trade chan if enough guys talk together and many guys write a ticket at same time .

All these replies got me thinking about old crap from back in the days when I used to blog heavily about this game....

besides botting, there's actually a few other ongoing issues related to this game, and if we are getting real about 'cheaters' etc., why not take a look at the other stuff too?

copy/paste support replies...

Auction scamming (not just bots, but real scamming)...

payment provider issues (where the hell did paypal go, etc.)...

devs never reaching promised goals on time or postponing stuff left and right every damn year... lots of examples over on the oblivion blog... ...etc.

devs outright lying (although not always on purpose)... for example, wasn't the compet deeds turn in supposed to be originally on Calypso, promises made by Cyrene weren't kept as they had to change a sign on turn in mission since it had wrong numbers on it, greek armor announced stats changed, nerf after nerf, etc. announced over and over affiliate programs never being fully implemented...

broken missions... bugs...

useless items... time travel crystals anyone?...

event after event being created in ways that allows 'cheaters' to win, or entire thing to have to be postponed or redesigned due to lack of testing before event happens...

Planet partners and Mindark playing the game with both hidden and not-so-hidden avatars causing economic impacts as the peds they use causes peds real players use to be impacted by their purchases or lack thereof, etc. or in other subtle ways such as moons causing need for motherships to go way down since anyone can just hop a ride on mothership the moon uses as a magic school bus..

besides botting... shared mule accounts... secondary avatars used to be in multiple planets at once, etc.

list just goes on and on...

Drama adds value to the game.

list just goes on and on...

since i recently got banned some days because of bumping the threads, i don't wanna hesitate to add one thing:

the (since 2018) stateless universe

did they ever comment on that issue? i don't think so...

I just have to say: Its amazing just how many people in this thread are openly supporting botting.

Either this game is like the only one out there with a playerbase that likes it, or apparently botting is so damn rampant here that there's enough people to actually speak up in their own defense.

Don't get banned, use a mechanical autoclicker

https://www.instructables.com/id/Knex_Auto_Clicker/

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

(I'm joking)

Or a mechanical bird pecking the letter F. I don't advocate AFK botting - at all. But I fail to see much difference between that or being the bot yourself just pressing F with drool hanging out of your mouth.

Mindark did create this situation. They didn't need to dumb it this far down. Seems like everything they HAVE done in the last few years since I returned was to facilitate MORE cycling with botters. let's think about it:

* Lifesteal rings
* Lifesteal amplifiers
* MORE auto-loot pets, but fail to add any other interesting buffs in stables or native buffs
* Can do pretty much everything with the F key
* More decay systems
* Open field instances vs. ones with obstacles

Honestly, what do you expect here?

Anyone read Neuromancer?
Case on the beach?
Something like that ;)

Good stuff Abomb!

Keep up the good work.

So to summarize ....

Account created 4/1/20, made enough posts, all today to be able to upload.

Post with your real account you fucking coward.

Interesting vidoes. Thanks for capturing and posting them!

Status
Back