PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 ... LastLast
    Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I and others stop giving MA $50-100 per day because you don't like the interact one key semi-afk hunting function that *they* put into the game do you think MA would think you are their champ? I guess that thought never entered that little pea brain of yours?
    Lets be clear. No amount of money justifies 100% AFK hunting, Which is what is happening.

Every cheater known to man always tries to downplay that indeed they were cheating. It doesn't matter who you are and what you accomplished or won or what you invested! Whether they are gold medals, 100's or millions of dollars.

If you cheat you should meet the same fate. Having all your accomplishments void, your medals taken away if you are in the Olympics, or gear taken away and account closed if in Entropia. So the remaining players can compete on equal and fair grounds and enjoy the game having a much better and fair community. Whether it is sports, games or anything else. What a player puts into the game doesn't give them entitlement or the right to cheat.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,578 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,486 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 5,043 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Intriguing videos there Abomb!

It'll be interesting to see how MA reply to your support case.

If the individuals are found to be guilty, I really dont know why they would risk their accounts.
    It could be very costly for them.

https://www.planetcalypso.com/news/p...542/index.xml?

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Interesting videos there Abomb!

If the individuals are found to be guilty, I really dont know why they would risk their accounts.

What makes you think these avatars was banned for using a Bot ?
    I'm sure it was something different and that MA considers more "serious"...
    Maybe something that would make them directly lose money, for example..

Stalker
    BB BB Punisher
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    thanks for sharing

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Intriguing videos there Abomb!

Thanks, sadly nothing ever happens or I should say hasn't happened in recent years. The reason why we have Bots ontop of Bots right now is because there is no threat of them being banned. This happens in any game where there isn't any recent enforcement of the rules, the rules get pushed and tested til there are actual repercussions.

I am just used to playing games where a fair competitive nature is the goal. Where the TOU is actually somewhat maintained. The fact is these Bots can clearly run not just doing these missions but in Events with the best gear and winning the best prizes.

When you can continue to Bot or fully AFK hunt the advantage is clear in the long run. You can gain an advantage for LG income, gain an advantage selling the event prizes, hoard and control the MU of loot etc..etc..

Not every player has the TIME to do these Mayhem events 20 times! These Bots do! This bring into question how the events are organized for fair competition. This also bring into account that maybe hunting as a whole should change.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,578 RG Skill points

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    You are not looting from his PED, only from your PED. This is since loot 2.0.
    You are profiting if it's a kill count mission and they are loosing a ton of PED ofc, but you aren't gaining PED.
    When a botter uses the program where it stops shooting when you get close, you can still make the botter finish your mobs. You gather a heard of mobs, pre-damage them, drop them on the botter, put a sleipnir, then take off and get further away from the botter.
    Yes the main goal was to deprive Botters of the reward they are botting to attain. Interesting that you mention that individual PED put in is separate. However as you mention, I am still getting the credit for kills by spending less to finish the mission. So in a way still works out on both ends in regards to kill count missions. Spending less to achieve the same goal to me is still profit.

The "Nearby" bot is pretty on point seems about only 5 shots. Hard to know if they are actually botting from far away. However the behavior is always the same when in range revealing that they are indeed a Bot. The Bot will even pull the mob, heal and then stop shooting if you get within range. Once the bot shuts down though that is it until it dies. Then will stay dead until reset.

That is why there are different locations in that video...They moved their Bot to a new location I went there and then it shut down.... they user comes back and move their Bot to a new location etc...
    Last edited by The Abomb; 04-01-2020 at 18:07.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    Next video kicks off with someone who was explaining to me in another thread that some players are Semi-afk but in this video that I call - How to Profit OFF BOTS Next to you. I prekilled mobs for over an hour and let the Bot finish them. Funny on how that works and who it is.
    This one to me looks like a Macro, not a Bot...many people use macros during gaming as shortcuts and most keyboards/mice these days come with "macro keys". You could have a macro that changes your weapon to a heal tool, uses it once and then switches back and continues the weapon on auto use....all by pressing only one button. In the case of the video you linked to, the macro just presses the F key on a pre-determined timeframe so you don't have to do anything other than hit the button once to start the macro.

A bot should have multiple functions and be able to identify and know when to use what function, such as know when health is low and use a healing tool, be able to determine when your target is dead (or be under half health before you start shooting it) or if your target is the wrong type of mob. It could know when you are out of ammo and teleport to nearest terminal, etc. Essentially a proper programmed bot takes away the requirement for you to even check in on your character. Sure some people poorly code bots or use bots that can only do limited functions and are not self sufficient, but to be classed as a bot it needs more than one function, ie not just pressing the F key.

Now, i guess the thing is whether Macro's are allowed or not?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    No suprise to see people still botting...

MA should have time now Set an example MA!

You created your account
    2004-12-21.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    This one to me looks like a Macro, not a Bot..

Now, i guess the thing is whether Macro's are allowed or not?
    First thing is if a Macro automates sustained gameplay without the user required to be there that is indeed Botting. Since you aren't pressing any keys and the script is working for you while you do something else away from your computer.

Next the platform as a whole is pretty ancient which is why Botting happens. Now any form of 100% AFK hunting is indeed Botting. Doesn't matter how it is achieved. Just on this platform it is achieved way way easier than others. (brings up the question what needs to change moving forward in terms of gameplay)

Finally for example another MMO when playing WoW you must use Macro's as the gameplay is complex. Yes it does utilize several functions at once and why it is required in Esports and tournaments. However! Blizzard stance is at no point are you allowed to use anything Macro or Script to attempt to automate gameplay because that is a 6 month ban, then permanent.

Then of course they have Anti bot software doing scans to catch illegal scripts being used or Bots. Thus huge Ban waves giving the community a safer and fair place to enjoy the game. Blizzard can do a lot of things wrong (since bought out by Activision) but at least they are relentless with banning any form of what is considered cheating. Cheating is automating the use of gameplay so the user doesn't have to be there. I am sure someone will be like well we can AFK craft in defense I suppose.... I don't think that is comparable gameplay and lets not use that to justify something that is clearly wrong with hunting and the platform. There are Bots ontop of Bots out there and it's time to talk about it.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 04-01-2020 at 17:26.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    First thing is if a Macro automates sustained gameplay without the user required to be there that is indeed Botting. Since you aren't pressing any keys and the script is working for you while you do something else away from your computer.
    You just indicted probably over half the income of the game, lol. This includes some very, very famous and liked players (not in my soc either). Unlike you, I won't name them or chase them around because they are using an F key macro while watching a movie and preventing RSI.

EU is not World of Warcraft. MA makes their money from activity.

And I have played 15 years and completed I think over 1500 missions total, 147 agility before I ever did a repeatable. You will not be taking that away from me.

These are my last words on this nonsense.
    Xen Shop ☯ Halloween Ring 2018 | Fi/Ra/Co Dante | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Hedoc Mayhem, Adjusted t4.20 | Robot Cache Strongbox

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 ... LastLast