Let Get Real Clear on Cheaters/Botters and How to Fight Them

Status
I see a lot of people assuming that botting has no consequence in terms of anything but increased supply etc. While it is anecdotal currently and hence i will not get into the details of it, there is a big assumption being made by people here that loot is not time dependent in anyway.

However, for a minute assume that it is, then a bot has a huge and a very unfair advantage over the rest of the population as they are way more likely to hit the waves then someone doing things manually.

Just food for thought, I will not go on further with this as of now till i have conclusive evidence supporting the same.

Cheers,

Divinity

94.93% tt return there. Go for it.

Alternatively, what if theta is calculated from a histogram? E.g. Θ = hist * eff *etc. In this way, theta is calculated with weighted probability based on prior input/output. As my overall returns decrease, probability for mult goes up, and visa-versa. In this case, the 2.5x occurred not because of time, but due to the probability for it being high enough.

Input is another factor, probably, so is timing. I'm sure you've experienced lootwaves, as well as waves of rare loot that doesn't normally drop or drops very rarely during small runs. MA's loot algorithm is complicated, it must be, and I don't claim to know how it works. I only know what I've seen, these waves exist, and you can ride more of them the more you hunt. That's why killcount matters. The waves are clearly visible on places like Cyrene, because it's not as densely populated as Calypso. On a good day, you'd see a bunch of people globaling there, then it would go quiet for some time, then another wave, and if you don't get a global during that wave, you'd get good multipliers.

And you're absolutely right, botters don't hurt us in any way, because they're not taking anything from us nor MA for that matter. But EU is about competition, it's what drives many players to invest into thier avatars, to grow, open up new frontiers, possibilities, etc. But you can't compete with a bot. I'm absolutely sure that those who are able to hunt 24/7 get better results than the rest of us longterm, and I say this because I've tried the "AFK crafting explosives" thing, it's not exactly the same, but the same principles should apply. And I admit I'm a little bit jealous, but it's not going to stop me from playing. It's sad, but that's what it is, there's no fairness or equality in this world, accept it and move on.

94.93% tt return there. Go for it.

Are u saying that you have been botting?? :scratch2:

I don't remember making a reference to any person(s) at all w.r.t what i have said.

Not sure what to make out with your statement there.

Are u saying that you have been botting?? :scratch2:

I don't remember making a reference to any person(s) at all w.r.t what i have said.

Not sure what to make out with your statement there.

I'm saying if you go and kill thousands of mobs almost non stop, bot, macro or not (same actions, it's all F key) it is not an advantage. In fact, my own experience is that doing the same thing over and over leads to a poor tt return.

a botter does not impact Detritus' gameplay in any way

Only if the botter TTs all his loot and all the gained skills and attributes. Only that way botters would not impact you and the economy of the game.

Only if the botter TTs all his loot and all the gained skills and attributes. Only that way botters would not impact you and the economy of the game.

As your friend I respect your opinion, but I think you didn't consider the remaining part of my statement - "to any greater extent than any other player". I'm not saying there's no impact at all (all players create impact), I just fail to see the difference between someone afk grinding vs using some form of external automation. I think of it like someone manually clicking the craft button for each craft vs just loading up 10,000 crafts - isn't this essentially what botting achieves for hunting? It's unlikely that anyone could tell the difference between my style of play and a botter; if I were to use some form of automation to increase my play time, the net result would simply be running out of peds quicker, and nobody would be the wiser. I would submit that resellers, epiv crafters, poor balancing, and a host of other issues are bigger problems with the economy.

TBF the perception might be different at your highly competitive level of play; but afaik OP is not playing at that level, so imo it's just a witch hunt.

Reactions: Xen
The trouble with hunting for witches is that the more you hunt for them, the more you find.

It then comes down to how really malicious the witches are.

Sadly I get the feeling you are putting the OP down - I think his concerns are valid.

The trouble with hunting for witches is that the more you hunt for them, the more you find.

It then comes down to how really malicious the witches are.

Sadly I get the feeling you are putting the OP down - I think his concerns are valid.

Please leave Killary out of this. She would never take one for the team and they will all go down with or without her. No jokes aside!!

As for botting - do you guys remember when there was a time MA kept the screen from windowing. Whatever happened to the high calibre programmers that were looking for player bots and programming the game to prevent blatant theft. Oh, right they became pirates! This role playing is outa control guys.

This is on RT so you can complete the old RT missions while also getting the Codex reward. This is what we call 2 birds one stone since RT has many Caly mobs.

Daikiba stage 5 = 10,000 kills is 1 stamina
Daikiba stage 6 = 10,000 kills is 1 agility

*Repeatable* So if you want 200 + agility there ya go.....

A friend told me today he finished stage 5 few days ago and he got only about 3.5PED skill as reward... (NO Stamina)
And that Stage 6 seems to have been deactivated since he can't get to it.

Anyone can confirm this ?

If that's the case, it seems like a completely inappropriate reaction on MA's part.

I guess the cheaters were able to keep the Stamina/Agility they stole (a lot of Agility since it takes a maximum of 3 days to do stage 6 especially with a bot).

And then who's being punished ?
The ones who don't cheat !?
Since we don't even have the possibility to get 1 single Stamina nor 1 single Agility anymore.

There's something I don't understand here... :confused:

yet i still have to end this whit a small line here.....how come every time a whining bitch is rising , every single time they feel like they cant achieve anything in this game, they really cant, they cant hof, they cant find rare things, they cant grow in skills, they cant explore in peace... ultimately they cant live whit out seeing what others do and not get wet of envy, everything others do is in their way to be good, to be perfect, to live in harmony, almost as an excuse. How come?:scratch2:

I like this one tBANNA. I too am the subject of multiple accusations against my avatar and family. Last year alone I was locked numerous times by whiney little bitches reporting me for Botting , having multiple accounts, which saw all my families accounts locked, my two kids are still locked and support do not reply to our queries. most importantly I was ghosted by a GM and then subsequently locked for a week afterward cause I mentioned in Rookie chat that it is fucking stupid to make a high level mob area PVP esp leviathan that get easily trapped on the ocean floor, and while I hunt I also work, so i can be staring at my other screen for minutes before realising my avatar is shooting at a stuck mob wasting ped. Screenshot from support verifies this, but apparently I was locked for swearing in rookie chat again.Adding more frustration to this whiney shit is that each time i was locked the GM waited right until my mob was nearly dead to then kick ban me. This happened 5 times last year, and arguebly during the times when I was hoffing like crazy, but these kids dont understand that HoFs come due to large expenditure of ped in the game through hunting/crafting/mining and not sitting in Rookie all day long whining about how their $20 deposit only lasted a day..

These fuckers are all just envious of our ability to achieve goals they can only fking dream of achieving and would never amount to nothing more than the cum on the back of their mums teeth, which is what they should have been in the first place..
so as you can see below, I have to eat humble pie and apologise as I cannot afford to lose my avatar for which I have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars to get to where I am, losing most of that ped along the way.

Haters will always fucking hate, but that is all they will ever amount to , I say Fuck them all. Abomb.. you are a Twat

banned.jpg

A friend told me today he finished stage 5 few days ago and he got only about 3.5PED skill as reward... (NO Stamina)
And that Stage 6 seems to have been deactivated since he can't get to it.

Anyone can confirm this ?

If that's the case, it seems like a completely inappropriate reaction on MA's part.

I guess the cheaters were able to keep the Stamina/Agility they stole (a lot of Agility since it takes a maximum of 3 days to do stage 6 especially with a bot).

And then who's being punished ?
The ones who don't cheat !?
Since we don't even have the possibility to get 1 single Stamina nor 1 single Agility anymore.

There's something I don't understand here... :confused:

Anyone to confirm this plz ?

:topic:

I'm interested to learn if the thread starter ever got a reply to his support case and if so, what it said.

I'm not a fan of letting 'a chosen few' do what they like and the rest of us be at our keyboard when we play.

The EULA should apply to all or it needs amending. So what is it to be?

Anyway, my question still remains, if someone can confirm about reward on RockTropia Daiki mission been changed, would be nice, and more interesting than all this mindless talk.

There's one way to find out.

I'm interested to learn if the thread starter ever got a reply to his support case and if so, what it said.

I'm not a fan of letting 'a chosen few' do what they like and the rest of us be at our keyboard when we play.

I second that !

Reminder that insults/flaming and personal disputes do not have a place on this forum. Stay on topic for the thread you are posting in.

If you see a post you believe is violating the rules, please report it rather than escalate the problem.

That is the only important thing here. No need for blaming, disputes etc. OP, any updates on the support?

Reminder that insults/flaming and personal disputes do not have a place on this forum. Stay on topic for the thread you are posting in.

If you see a post you believe is violating the rules, please report it rather than escalate the problem.

This is all MA reps have to say about this issue?
Sad sad days in EU

If I and others stop giving MA $50-100 per day because you don't like the interact one key semi-afk hunting function that *they* put into the game do you think MA would think you are their champ? I guess that thought never entered that little pea brain of yours?

so you depo 18k $ a year?
I'm gonna dress up like santa & bring you a present

This is all MA reps have to say about this issue?
Sad sad days in EU

To be fair the OP did a very poor job presenting his case, so MA didn't have much evidence of foul play (except on the part of the OP). Most of his videos just shows him taking advantage of, what appears to be, some other participants playing the game as it was intended to be played.

I, for one, will often grind for 8-10 hours at a time without ever turning on my screen because I'm at work and there is no need to do so. Between appropriate mob choice, Interact, Lifesteal, and sufficient armor, you can literally use as little as one button to knock out a many hour grind.
There are a lot of ways to do it.
You can remote-login to your computer from work on a cell phone or tablet and just keep pressing "interact". This method is the most high-risk because it is very difficult to control most of the other facets of your avatar while remote logged on by a touch screen, and it is easy to be taken advantage of.
You can set up a laptop below your desk with the screen off with a miniature keyboard on your desk.
You can set up a game console controller to map the Interact button and play from anywhere in your house while you watch TV.
Etc. etc.

There are a lot of ways to skin the cat. Either way, MindArk very clearly established their system to facilitate such gameplay by implementation of Interact, Autoloot, and significant Lifesteal items.
Consequently I think it is unethical to take advantage of other players who are playing within the system MindArk created.

I, for one, will often grind for 8-10 hours at a time without ever turning on my screen because I'm at work and there is no need to do so. Between appropriate mob choice, Interact, Lifesteal, and sufficient armor, you can literally use as little as one button to knock out a many hour grind.
There are a lot of ways to do it.
You can remote-login to your computer from work on a cell phone or tablet and just keep pressing "interact". This method is the most high-risk because it is very difficult to control most of the other facets of your avatar while remote logged on by a touch screen, and it is easy to be taken advantage of.
You can set up a laptop below your desk with the screen off with a miniature keyboard on your desk.
You can set up a game console controller to map the Interact button and play from anywhere in your house while you watch TV.
Etc. etc.

There are a lot of ways to skin the cat. Either way, MindArk very clearly established their system to facilitate such gameplay by implementation of Interact, Autoloot, and significant Lifesteal items.
Consequently I think it is unethical to take advantage of other players who are playing within the system MindArk created.

judge_mindark.jpg

You can play Entropia for 8-10 hours without turning on your screen? I've been clearly playing this wrong for a very, very long time.

You can play Entropia for 8-10 hours without turning on your screen? I've been clearly playing this wrong for a very, very long time.

Yup. If you read the rest of that response you'll learn how ;)

Yup. If you read the rest of that response you'll learn how ;)

I read all of it thanks, shame you didn't see the video with a player dying rather than continue to shoot the mob.

That I found rather interesting.

I read all of it thanks, shame you didn't see the video with a player dying rather than continue to shoot the mob.

That I found rather interesting.

Oh, good. It looked at first as though you just TL;DR'd it and grabbed the first sentence you could slap a meme to on your push to 20,000 posts :laugh:

Here is something interesting from the Entropia Universe Terms of Use...

8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct
c. You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe.

Wouldn't the OP's actions against so called "botters" qualify as a violation of the TOU by interfering with these players?

Here is something interesting from the Entropia Universe Terms of Use...

8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct
c. You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe.

Wouldn't the OP's actions against so called "botters" qualify as a violation of the TOU by interfering with these players?

No. He proved they were AFK.

Watch all three and watch them in their entirety, dont skip to the middle.

You read a book cover to cover (unless it's a dictionary of course), you dont read chapter 6 and think you know what is going on right?

Mindark are both judge and jury here and they are probably regretting VU 16.0 as much as I did when it was implemented.

No. He proved they were AFK.

Watch all three and watch them in their entirety, dont skip to the middle.

You read a book cover to cover (unless it's a dictionary of course), you dont read chapter 6 and think you know what is going on right?

Mindark are both judge and jury here and they are probably regretting VU 16.0 as much as I did when it was implemented.

AFK or not, the TOU doesn't state that interfering with another player is allowed under those circumstances.

AFK or not, the TOU doesn't state that interfering with another player is allowed under those circumstances.

Anyone shoots my mob when I'm in Entropia will know about it!

Maybe that's because I have to play with my monitor switched on.

It's weird, these days it's the people who stand up against cheaters who get attacked... :rolleyes:

I really feel like this game is completely plagued by cheating.

Status
Back