Prototype Regeneration Field Chip

Status
ehhh this is the last thing I wanted to see with VirtuVerse being released soon and breaking MA's monopoly on RCE type games. These kinds of events would damage but not break a company that holds a monopoly on the RCE concept, but once that monopoly is broken I doubt MA will survive for long because of how clouded their reputation is in regards to fairness.

Offtopic, but it's still in pretty early stages; Fin doesn't even consider it "beta" yet. Even with their aggressive dev cycle, I don't think a release is right around the corner or anything.

But it looks like half the EU playerbase has signed up for EA now, so it will certainly be interesting to see how it all plays out for sure. :popcorn:

Well so far we have only had DannyO's side of what occured, there is another side to come (which I am well aware may never come)

I interpreted what was said as in the Ark Official did a player to player trade as any of us legitimate players do in-game fairly often. So it was lent and not spawned. Spawning would create an additional item which I dont believe happened in this case, but maybe it did.

Either way it's an unhappy story and does reputational damage to all the parties involved in my opinion.

MindArk (Entropia Universe) is a business.. and every business has flaws. It's normal. Business are managed by people. People make mistakes.

The important part is not to find who's faulty. What's important is what they are gonna do to adjust the situation.
Like every business.. when someone is fired.. they don't make a public announcement. It's managed internally and that's it. You move on.

So there's no obligation from them to make an official statement about this. They already said there was an ongoing investigation. If you feel betrayed by MindArk.. It's your right to stop playing (of course I know you won't).

There will always be situation like this one. Nothing is perfect, we've seen it through the years and It's like this in everything. There's no need to cry on unfairness.

Trust the brand. They will do what they have to do. If they want to please your curiosity and make a statement. Fine! If not.. Trust the brand.

For the consequences on DannyO. MA has rules and we will all see by ourselves what kind of "punishment" he received

Peace out , keep grinding stop crying! ??

scanner bug? what scanner bug,attached better resolution

TP Chip

All I am prepared to say at this stage is that the TP chip was NOT given or traded to me by a MA Official Avatar or an MA employee.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Teleportation&id=10

unknown.png

It doesn't have "Default" word in the window title, so it's not just an opened item link. And the background of the info window is genuine, so it's not a copy-paste job.

i think "svarog" already approved authenticity....
woot.gif

btw hope u came back to game after all this incident
sry for my sarcastic attitude earlier :D
gl with mayhem also covid

ps. i know u using Herman XP-1 Scanthi Edition(blp pistol)t10 not official marco(plasma pistol)

Last edited by a moderator:
MindArk (Entropia Universe) is a business.. and every business has flaws. It's normal. Business are managed by people. People make mistakes.

The important part is not to find who's faulty. What's important is what they are gonna do to adjust the situation.
Like every business.. when someone is fired.. they don't make a public announcement. It's managed internally and that's it. You move on.

So there's no obligation from them to make an official statement about this. They already said there was an ongoing investigation. If you feel betrayed by MindArk.. It's your right to stop playing (of course I know you won't).

There will always be situation like this one. Nothing is perfect, we've seen it through the years and It's like this in everything. There's no need to cry on unfairness.

Trust the brand. They will do what they have to do. If they want to please your curiosity and make a statement. Fine! If not.. Trust the brand.

For the consequences on DannyO. MA has rules and we will all see by ourselves what kind of "punishment" he received

Peace out , keep grinding stop crying! ����

This must be one of the oddest comments I have seen in this saga.

IRL businesses are heavily based on reputation and trust, and even more so those in the financial sector, which MA squarely belongs to. Many companies do actually go bankrupt overnight once their trustworthiness goes.

In this case, the chain of trust "extends" from MA to a planet partner, which makes this episode even worse, because MA is directly damaged by the actions of an external company. Together with the fact that Danny is not an MA employee, the entire reference to "firing staff" as a mere internal HR procedure is completely inappropriate.

In any walk of life, this would trigger an extensive but quick investigation from MA that would lead to:
1. Understand how this was even made possible by the game mechanics, close the loophole and prevent this from happening again;
2. Take steps to check all other player accounts, to spot any similar current or past abuse;
3. Take financial actions against Arkadia inc. and set an example for all other PPs;
4. Take strong action against the player;

It goes without saying that steps 2, 3 and 4 only makes sense if they are widely publicised, to set an example, rather than sweep them under the carpet. That would also go a long way in improving MA's own reputation when it comes to fairness and transparency.

So that we are clear, in this specific case MA and the rest of the player base are the offended parties and are on the same side.

I discovered that the chip could be used to gain some skills, so I hid my avatar in a vacant room and was skilling for around 90 minutes.

That kind of talk for a player that started in 2005? You discovered...???

Spending 1 unit of mind essence each click, not 100 units but 1, one single mind essence on an exceptional durability item. Man you are genius!

Did you spent at least 12 ped on those 90 minutes? The trade terminal scanner is 12 ped TT... just saying. And you can't even stay still auto skilling.

The minimum they (MA) can make is to wipe out all your mind force skills or to ban you. Ban you and the dev that lent you the chip or at least make sure that the dev never again touch in any kind of official items.

Trust in MindArk truly affected. Real Cash Economy game where you can't do anything without real money but then there are Devs giving official items to players?! Really? Is this a joke? Because it really sound like one.

Shame on on You! Shame on Arkadia Dev! Shame on MindArk for only take action because someone post it here on forum or DannyO would be still skilling in his apartment spending the incridible amount of 1 unit of ME each click.

PS: I never got any heals from you in any robot attacks that I was on, that includes that Saturday 2/3 weeks ago where tones of ppl were online and lot of big loots on shared mobs at C. Corith.

PS2: How about that TP chip with 99 KM km range also spending and incredible amount of 1 ME each use??? Some one need to explain that also!!!

Last edited:
I was talking only about the field chip from the OP screenshot. I saw the thumbnails you posted in #6 comment but can't open them in full size so no idea what's on those.

oki "svarog" didn't approved authenticity..:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

MA can check my logs, i was healed during the Christmas mayhem through a wall and event sent a message about it. I don't have logs enabled so it's up to MA to look.

That being said ark dev's have been notorious for lending out items like this. There was a non dev player seen on the ark moon using a dev smuggler weapon.

Can we just ban arks dev team for corrupting fair game play? oh well, just another nail into a dying game.

Also, Danny obviously deposits heavy.. they aint gonna ban money flow.. that's against a money making objective

I have to agree with Sloth about ark devs needing some looking into.
I loved Ark found it great place when I started out for first years but I left ark by June 2016 because of the dev issues and their failure to act against their few pet players.

Seems to me this issue is because of Equipment being handed out for events or certain amount of time/days/weeks/months etc should automatically be returned.
And there's another hot topic all about Rentals and how MA failed to implement a rental system for everything.
That rental system is in place I believe on Rocktropia (but I haven't been there in years) and in banks.
Logically it means MindArk is ultimately responsible for their failure to implement the automatic return system at least on Official Dev equipment.

Last edited:
TP Chip

All I am prepared to say at this stage is that the TP chip was NOT given or traded to me by a MA Official Avatar or an MA employee.

oki "svarog" didn't approved authenticity..

DannyO indirectly confirms it's authenticity by his statement. Question is where did he get the tp chip if not from an MA official avatar or an MA employee?

DannyO indirectly confirms it's authenticity by his statement. Question is where did he get the tp chip if not from an MA official avatar or an MA employee?

Maybe some hidden rule for the top 10 depositors? :laugh:

This game really stinks, I'm disgusted by spending so much money in this company called MindArk.

I'm just a little guy compared to most participants. However, I can't imagine putting my account and items in jeopardy just to play with a few special toys. I would be very sad if I could never come back. I've made so many friends and really enjoy being here.

Why would a top-depositor care about earning a few extra skills using Dev items? Why not just deposit and buy some additional skills? I don't understand the motivation to go around the rules. Especially someone who has been around since 2005.

:scratch2:

The scary thing about this. This is the only instance where the player was caught (to my knowledge). Imagine how many years this may have happened beneath our nose. :eyecrazy:

MA have trade logs, so assuming he received these items before you were able to drop them. It should be easy for MA to find out what Arkadian or Calypso official gave those items to him. Though I have my doubts that they will reveal which MA employee or Ark dev gave it, and also got my doubts that they would take any action on either of them. Probably not even against DannyO, he may even get offered a name change so his money can keep rolling.

Last edited:
I'm just a little guy compared to most participants. However, I can't imagine putting my account and items in jeopardy just to play with a few special toys. I would be very sad if I could never come back. I've made so many friends and really enjoy being here.

Why would a top-depositor care about earning a few extra skills using Dev items? Why not just deposit and buy some additional skills? I don't understand the motivation to go around the rules. Especially someone who has been around since 2005.

:scratch2:

What if you thought there was no way to be caught as you are in a private residence and no reason to have your logs checked? If DannyO was not caught doing this, it could have gone on for a very long time. Perhaps it already has been going on for a long time. We would not know, we only know what has been written here by DannyO.
He prob didn't realise his apartment was not set to private, or perhaps the OP is on his exception list, or that anyone would randomly go through apartments. Maybe he thought it was okay because a dev gave him the item.
If a long time player would do this, there is no hope for any of us or this game.

MA need to publicly advise what they will do to ensure this doesn't happen again, otherwise that other game is starting to look more promising when it finially makes it out of Alpha (or Beta...whichever state its in right now).
Considering it is also Mayhem time, this whole thing might stop people from depositing and competing.

Hiyi :D

i think its funny how everyone was quick to get all hot tempered and blame mind ark, planet partners etc at 1st
and not the person who abused the items he was trusted with to help the community during events

we now know ofc (thanx to danny coming forward and admitting it) that he was basically a bit naughty and did abuse that trust for his own personal gain and got caught lol

this is a bit disappointing as its probably doubtful that any players in future will ever be trusted with any
official items / abilities ever again

however ...is it ever ok for a normal player to have such items or abilities? .. maybe..maybe not.. but i think it should be very closely monitored and strict rules in place as to when it is permissible to use such things and certainly not for personal gain

perhaps a silver star could appear next to the avatar name for 1hr or something that could be toggled on or off
or whenever such an item is used to indicate that person possess special items / abilities and has been given permission to assist the community whenever needed like in events etc

i personally would have liked to 1 day have had the opportunity to prove myself trustworthy with access to such things like a wormhole chip, area healchip, ability to spawn some mob types etc for some community events i had had planned / been working on

i know this is a rce game but for whatever reasons/playstyle u guys prefer plz do try to remember it is a game and meant to be fun and enjoyable experience for all

should mind ark / planet partners tell us everything?...well no lol but perhaps they should try to communicate a bit more with their players , and its kinda a 2 way street some players need to try n change their attitudes and not be so fast to pass judgement and get angry and make threats etc over every little thing which seems to be a thing ive noticed on pcf lol

have fun guys n gals .and..others lol

JJ ;)

What if you thought there was no way to be caught as you are in a private residence and no reason to have your logs checked? If DannyO was not caught doing this, it could have gone on for a very long time. Perhaps it already has been going on for a long time. We would not know, we only know what has been written here by DannyO.
He prob didn't realize his apartment was not set to private, or perhaps the OP is on his exception list, or that anyone would randomly go through apartments. Maybe he thought it was okay because a dev gave him the item.
If a long time player would do this, there is no hope for any of us or this game.

MA need to publicly advise what they will do to ensure this doesn't happen again, otherwise that other game is starting to look more promising when it finally makes it out of Alpha (or Beta...whichever state its in right now).
Considering it is also Mayhem time, this whole thing might stop people from depositing and competing.

I thought that picture of him standing in doorway was a joke, sad to find out he really was or thinking he was hiding and skilling himself, just happenstance that Zen pulled up.

Question still is:

How long has he had this chip? How many times has he done this and nobody busted him? Who gave him this and for which event?

What a mess ay DannyO? The price of greatness is responsibility..and just like you called it brother the truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is...best of luck mate!

What a mess ay DannyO? The price of greatness is responsibility..and just like you called it brother the truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is...best of luck mate!

I wonder how you'd feel if it wasn't your soc mate involved with fraud and abuse? And how dare anyone disapprove of such... Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it? Yeah put us down for not liking the fact your soc is dirty. LOL jesus dude

I wonder how you'd feel if it wasn't your soc mate involved with fraud and abuse? And how dare anyone disapprove of such... Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it? Yeah put us down for not liking the fact your soc is dirty. LOL jesus dude

obvious troll bait I know, but I would feel the same trust me, this is hurting the game...no doubt, nice touch to assume the whole soc is a dirty one though...says more about you then anything...

What if you thought there was no way to be caught as you are in a private residence and no reason to have your logs checked?

The appartment as mentioned by OP was owned by Marcus Callendar aka MA. So public access to all that want to walk by.

Somewhere around 2006 there was that secret item Ter looted.....

If i were him, i would keep the chip and never trade back. Even if i will stay locked. The item will stay with me.
Trades are final they say. Now lets prove if it can be reversed or not.

Gl to the player.

In a personal error of judgement or stupidity I played around with this chip on cally.

Regards,

DannyO

Possessing power and not using it.
That requires much virtue, virtue that very few have.

It's like the One ring. It's so tempting...

Last edited:
I remember that.

Found it, was 2008

Hi Guys

As some of you know already I was the lucky person to trade with the RX technician first and receive a test XXX rocket launcher and the other item.
The other item is not a weapon or an amp as some people have suggested and I believe that it is a major part of a weapon or amp that will be crafted/manufactured sometime in the not to distant future. ( well I hope ).
I didnt tell anyone last night as I wanted time to try and work out exactly what it is but I haven't yet. :scratch2:
I did however go to the ring at twin last night and try out the rocket launcher and having seen my decay I think that with a tt of 51 ped it would last for about 30 seconds.
Finally yes I am from Warants and no we dont get everything I have been around for 5 years and this is the first item I have ever got so if you want to compain about me please start you own thread and dont use mine...

many thanks,

Ter

But doesn't seem like it was this TP Chip :coffee:

Question still is:

How long has he had this chip? How many times has he done this and nobody busted him? Who gave him this and for which event?

Can we add to that: who else over the many years has had access to such items? How long have they used them to skill up super cheap?

As an official is reading this..... can we get an official response?

And thus, the official vanished :D

And thus, the official vanished :D

...and whilst we'll await officials to make a reply here, I´m just gonna take the liberty of assuming all of you ppl whom replied here are retarded, since most of the replies here are retarded, hence your soc´s must be retarded...applying Sloth´s logic i.e.

Lately it's almost funny to read the forum, and sad at the same time...
Whether it's on this thread and the other one about cheaters.
I see a majority of people who don't give a damn about cheaters, the rest even go so far as to excuse or defend cheaters.

And there are even some cheaters who quietly explain themselves why they cheat, why it's not so bad, and that without the slightest embarrassment... :eyecrazy: (especially on the other thread)

I love what this game is becoming... Thanks MA. :tiphat:

PS:

Danny since you are an "important participant", you will probably not be banned.

This is how MA qualifies a few people in their answers to support cases.
On the other hand, I wonder who are the "unimportant participants"..?
Probably all the others. :rolleyes:

Anyway, don't worry too much, if I had done what you did I would have been ban without any doubt, but you're going to get a week's layoff at the most.

Status
Back