Prototype Regeneration Field Chip

Status
the thing that interests me more than the direct issue being discussed is - what made Arkadia reps to do this kind of stuff?
are they that silly or are they that pissed of with the system or are they that desperate with their user-base, or is there some other option not so visible?

It's just called collusion, and what we are seeing lately is probably just the tip of the iceberg, only the visible part.

Since every developer, every person working (or having worked with) for Mindark, for Ark Studio, or for any part of this game, is a human being.
They all have connections, acquaintances, family, friends...

This game is, and remains, a money game.
Human beings are, sadly, by nature very selfish, and easily corrupted.

One have to be aware that this kind of collusion, people playing with knowledge of "secrets", or simply as it is the case here with items they should not have access to, has inevitably always existed in this game.
But in most cases, we will simply never know about it.

well, as an ex LA owner ......, yes I can subscribe to acts of desperation from that perspective ...
I think you describe well that is NOT "just called collusion", as has been suggested.

Sure, there is loads of collusion - some of it friendly and generous, some of it is the buying into certain circles by sharing what you discover, to be rewarded in turn by others... it is not just primates that scrub each others' backs.

There is even such a thing as symbiotic competitiveness, also in nature, but that doesn't seem to have caught on much at MA and the PPs. Well, maybe the PPs would be keen enough, but ..... you know...

Anyway, just wanted to show some sympathy, or empathy. I hadn't thought directly of LA owners (or ex LA owners), but you guys are definitely along the line, chain, slippery slope... whatever :eyecrazy:

Curiously, I am seeing many recent posts, which psychologists could well describe as coming from people affected by Stockholm Syndrome, when hostages develop positive feelings for their captors during captivity.
In this case, "captors" seem to include a large group of PP developers, players and their soc mates, and who knows who else next.

This is not the time or place to debate about human nature and moral matters, trying to find all sorts of possible justifications to unacceptable actions. This is time for rational investigation and action, to prevent similar abuse from occurring again, and if possible, remove unfair advantage accrued over time.

The last point is also important because many seem to be oblivious to the fact that in this game we are not competing against MA, but against each other. Any advantage we gain in terms of avatar skills comes at the expenses of everybody else. And I am afraid that no amount of "philanthropic" activities can wash it off.

Reading all posts so far, it seems that the list I wrote earlier, bullet points of all the actions that MA should be taking as the offended party, like all of us, is still complete. So I am pasting it here again:

1. Understand how this was even made possible by the game mechanics, close the loophole and prevent this from happening again;
2. Take steps to check all other player accounts, to spot any similar current or past abuse;
3. Take financial actions against Arkadia inc. and set an example for all other PPs;
4. Take strong action against the player(s);

Finally, as a community, we should make an effort to keep the debate on rational terms and avoid emotional rants, which would only help divert the attention from the problems that need fixing. And certainly firmly condemn any abuse directed to DannyO or anybody else involved in this investigation, whether Dark Knights members or Arkadia developers.

the thing that interests me more than the direct issue being discussed is - what made Arkadia reps to do this kind of stuff?
are they that silly or are they that pissed of with the system or are they that desperate with their user-base, or is there some other option not so visible?

I have been to some Cyrene event once, Cyrene official (thought it was Kris) was there to heal with similar chip as the one DannyO was using. He told that because it's an official avatar they can't deposit money on the avatar and thus can't purchase ammo to use tools. For aquiring the ammunition they have to purchase this directly from Mindark. I also have heard that sometimes the request for ammunition can taken weeks/months (someone mentioned earlier in this thread).

I do remember during last purger event I was on cyrene and bella called people to a shared thing there, one of the cyrene staff logged in to heal (llimic or something forget the name) and was asked why he wasnt able to keep us healed (there was lag and the mob models are oversized) and he said he only had a chip to heal one person and couldnt use his aoe chip, iirc he said he had been waiting on MA to give him ammo for the aoe chip for months. I have no idea how staff are issued these tools and how they work, and not trying to point fingers at anyone, big fan of the cyrene team and the guy seemed cool. Likely no corrleation at all but just an incident that popped into my head when i read this.

It is very good possible that the official avatar couldn't use the chip because the ammunition wasn't delivered yet, and therefore asked a player to assist. Still this doesn't make it right, but it's possible.

people are making way too a big of a deal out of this, im more concerned with the cheaters who use aim assist in PvP that never been banned or even warned.

what can some1 hunt with this chip that they wouldnt be able to hunt with mod resto?
my point is that - not like he was hunting stuff that he couldnt otherwise hunt..

so he got a little bit of skill, like those ppl standing repairing walls are not getting easy skills?

also im sure he mentioned depositing not to tell people he's special because of how much he deposits but to say that he plays for the fun and adventure and not withdrawing thousands a month.

I don't think the reason is any nefarious conspiracy BS that people are posting... Ark regularly uses these chips to heal events (Oratan raids, Oratan wave, Mechs, etc). DannyO even indicated that it was given to him to help with an event due to "issues" with Ark officials - I read that as simply they didn't have anyone official available to heal the event and thus decided to let one of their most loyal long-time players help out. Probably an error in judgement on Ark's side, but I don't think there's any grand conspiracy here.

this made me laugh, thanks highly appreciated in these times :)
it does indeed describe my hesitation to write harsh things in forum when things are really bad, though most of the time I have avoided the hesitation and pissed of a lot of the wrong people
guess I am not a typical case
Curiously, I am seeing many recent posts, which psychologists could well describe as coming from people affected by Stockholm Syndrome, when hostages develop positive feelings for their captors during captivity.

As far i can read all this with so many disturbed young fellas, i can see there are ppl like h4mmer and smilgs that are realistic, who dont blame and which think a bit further than those posts and judge in silent, who were erased, why?

I know Danny and im 100% sure that he never used those chips to gain something out. cmon a guy who invested like zillion euros in this game, who plays back from the beggining, AND NEVER SOLD OUT, like quite a bunch of ppl did, OR USE MORE THAN ONE AVATARS , and still not banned. From a guy who spends more than 95% of players in 1h of hunting, you expect him to abuse a fucking chip to gain what? 100 ped? Be serious. Like 1 guy said earlier, he gave him warps from a planet to another. Fuck sake ppl. World went such a bad way!

And not to mention that knowing it isnt like that, Zen i could accuse you of using those chips also since you were in a private apartment at a so perfect time. Right? You should also get locked!

I know Danny and im 100% sure that he never used those chips to gain something out.

He openly admitted to it in his post:

In a personal error of judgement or stupidity I played around with this chip on cally. I admit fully that I healed people at the robot wave events at Medusa and Pandora and also the recent Purger event. I am sure many people can vouch for getting free heals from me. I may also have blipped the chip in a few other places.

I also fully admit to playing around with the chip around Western Habitat area on Tuesday 7th April. I initially was creating damage on my avatar and healing myself using the chip. I discovered that the chip could be used to gain some skills, so I hid my avatar in a vacant room and was skilling for around 90 minutes.

.....are you still 100% sure or you just didn't bother to read the thread?

As far i can read all this with so many disturbed young fellas, i can see there are ppl like h4mmer and smilgs that are realistic, who dont blame and which think a bit further than those posts and judge in silent, who were erased, why?

I know Danny and im 100% sure that he never used those chips to gain something out. cmon a guy who invested like zillion euros in this game, who plays back from the beggining, AND NEVER SOLD OUT, like quite a bunch of ppl did, OR USE MORE THAN ONE AVATARS , and still not banned. From a guy who spends more than 95% of players in 1h of hunting, you expect him to abuse a fucking chip to gain what? 100 ped? Be serious. Like 1 guy said earlier, he gave him warps from a planet to another. Fuck sake ppl. World went such a bad way!

And not to mention that knowing it isnt like that, Zen i could accuse you of using those chips also since you were in a private apartment at a so perfect time. Right? You should also get locked!

ask Maddof who was already extremely wealthy before doing this pyramid

it is not only about money, but when MA says: everyone is equal, it will have to be true.
But how many players have this kind of benefit?

ask Maddof who was already extremely wealthy before doing this pyramid

it is not only about money, but when MA says: everyone is equal, it will have to be true.
But how many players have this kind of benefit?

Agreed with everyone must be equal, wealthy or poor. We can only know from opne source how many, MA, ah wait, will we ever get such a answer?

I know Danny and im 100% sure that he never used those chips to gain something out.

lol, just lol.
:lolup:

He openly admitted that he did it.

Zen i could accuse you of using those chips also since you were in a private apartment at a so perfect time. Right? You should also get locked!

Dude, serious?

But, this question has been burning in my mind ever since I first read about it.
@Zen, what on earth were you doing there?

I mean, how big are the odds that you pick a random apartment to stumble upon this scene? :confused:

Can you please explain that?
Or did I miss a post?

bioregen.jpg

There seems to be something to investigate.

lol, just lol.
:lolup:

He openly admitted that he did it.

Dude, serious?

But, this question has been burning in my mind ever since I first read about it.
@Zen, what on earth were you doing there?

I mean, how big are the odds that you pick a random apartment to stumble upon this scene? :confused:

Can you please explain that?
Or did I miss a post?

As far as I know, Zen also had an apartment there and heard the sound of the chip and was just curious about where the sound came from ...
think zen will correct that :)

what can some1 hunt with this chip that they wouldnt be able to hunt with mod resto?
my point is that - not like he was hunting stuff that he couldnt otherwise hunt..

so he got a little bit of skill, like those ppl standing repairing walls are not getting easy skills?

Getting "a little bit of skill" is one thing. What seems to have been done here is something totally different. DannyO has not exactly demonstrated a lack of financial means. If he wanted to use a mod resto to the same purpose he could have, but he didn't.

A Mod Resto costs about 600 PED/week, if it were run continuously 24 hours/day, in Mind Essence and decay.

By comparison, the Prototype Regeneration Chip used here costs 15.12 PED of synthetic mind essence per week. While the decay of the chip is not currently disclosed to the public, if it's designed to the same scale as a Mod resto it would likely cost about 23 PED of decay, for a combined total weekly cost of 38.12 PED/week.

That is a weekly savings of about 562 PED, roughly equivalent to the revenue of 185 Calypso Land Deeds.

That in and of itself isn't chump change.

Factor in the skillgains from this chip, which likely out-weigh those of a Mod Resto (otherwise it wouldn't have been abused), and you're looking at a serious profit margin if you were to funnel those skills to alts, friends, or soc mates for going to market.

Even if the skills were not going to market, the user of the chip would still gain the obvious benefit of unlocking all the highest end restoration chips, which out-perform the Mod Resto, as well as side skills which give HP and overall utility in avatar capability.
The benefit of gaining these skills, at this scale, represents thousands of PED savings vs using a Mod resto to reach the same level. It represents tens, possibly hundreds, of thousands of PED savings vs chipping those skills in.

Conclusion: This is not exactly a small matter.

maybe a good time to add some further explanations, even when they maybe surprise some of the nutheads here. ;)

my old and very first appartment is in OWH, far down in the gamma tower next to both beach and tradecenter.

i usually tend to watch my surroundings when i run around, like check my radar for dots of any color, and also use the friendlist nearby feature most times.

what made me curious was a greendot even further down, in the epsilon tower. after noticing dannyo several times when running by caring about my own issues, i thought i'm gonna stalk him and check out his appartment, in case he really has one down there.

after checking 21 floors i found out he just don't has one, so more curiosity. flew up to the roof, jumped down on a balcony, turned around and there he was, simple as that.

in the meantime, my former friend starkiller couldn't stop messaging me, hence why he's on the screenshot. but let's blame him or me maybe, makes alot of sense i guess...

:girl:

btw, it's done:

maybe a good time to add some further explanations, even when they maybe surprise some of the nutheads here. ;)

my old and very first appartment is in OWH, far down in the gamma tower next to both beach and tradecenter.

i usually tend to watch my surroundings when i run around, like check my radar for dots of any color, and also use the friendlist nearby feature most times.

what made me curious was a greendot even further down, in the epsilon tower. after noticing dannyo several times when running by caring about my own issues, i thought i'm gonna stalk him and check out his appartment, in case he really has one down there.

after checking 21 floors i found out he just don't has one, so more curiosity. flew up to the roof, jumped down on a balcony, turned around and there he was, simple as that.

in the meantime, my former friend starkiller couldn't stop messaging me, hence why he's on the screenshot. but let's blame him or me maybe, makes alot of sense i guess...

:girl:

btw, it's done:

0ad498b5a3258c0c2f19149eff38ea07.jpg

Getting "a little bit of skill" is one thing. What seems to have been done here is something totally different. DannyO has not exactly demonstrated a lack of financial means. If he wanted to use a mod resto to the same purpose he could have, but he didn't.

A Mod Resto costs about 600 PED/week, if it were run continuously 24 hours/day, in Mind Essence and decay.

By comparison, the Prototype Regeneration Chip used here costs 15.12 PED of synthetic mind essence per week. While the decay of the chip is not currently disclosed to the public, if it's designed to the same scale as a Mod resto it would likely cost about 23 PED of decay, for a combined total weekly cost of 38.12 PED/week.

That is a weekly savings of about 562 PED, roughly equivalent to the revenue of 185 Calypso Land Deeds.

That in and of itself isn't chump change.

Factor in the skillgains from this chip, which likely out-weigh those of a Mod Resto (otherwise it wouldn't have been abused), and you're looking at a serious profit margin if you were to funnel those skills to alts, friends, or soc mates for going to market.

Even if the skills were not going to market, the user of the chip would still gain the obvious benefit of unlocking all the highest end restoration chips, which out-perform the Mod Resto, as well as side skills which give HP and overall utility in avatar capability.
The benefit of gaining these skills, at this scale, represents thousands of PED savings vs using a Mod resto to reach the same level. It represents tens, possibly hundreds, of thousands of PED savings vs chipping those skills in.

Conclusion: This is not exactly a small matter.

Thanks for detailed post and the maths Captain Jack.

let's get back to the point...

we can agree that some things went wrong in the past on arkadia. we can also agree that both dannyo and my honored self are such type of guys, who play for a very long time, deposited more than messi did, and never even thought to withdraw a dime.

as some very clever people here in this thread noticed, it's maybe down to an issue we players simply can't solve, as it's a thing between mindark and their so called partners. improved communication fail, development fail, and community management fail, in the very end i guess.

that said, i think this thread took its path...

thanks for the audience :laugh:

bioregen.jpg

There seems to be something to investigate.

...you mean like why the graphs are so 'distorting'? I sometimes follow what these graphs throw up as representations almost for the laughs. Sometimes it is my job to interpret graphs. There are so many bad graphs in the world today, but these really keep me on my toes.

In this example, the sales equates to something like the average sales volume per day over a week or so, so that peak of about 54 actually represents, at a guess, say 370 peds of bioregen chip. It correlates pretty well to the fairly large chip one person bought, plus a bit more, including a purchase I made. Just from memory, I think the markup dip at that point is about the mu paid for that one large one, as it had such a big effect that week, so if you know what you're looking at, it is a representation... sort of...
After that, chips were available on the AH, but at higher mus again. Only a couple of tiddlers (pecs) sold [by the look of it here, but other graphs suggest differently], at inflated mus. That's why the new sales trend update (purple) is almost zero, even as a 'weekly' total.

Luckily there is also the stats box, which shows running periods better (day, week, month, year, 10-year).

Anyway, long story short, the auction has not experienced wild sales volumes, although it's more volume than you'd think at first glance just from that graph...

Edit: and, ofc, this screenie only shows the markup 'trend', not the green line jumpy line with more details... and the red dip was a bit over a month ago already now... so is now no longer on the monthy graph... and yes, the graph does state 2.5kpeds volume for the year. It's the visual stuff I tend to laugh at...

Last edited:
what's your point dude? u want me to guess, by posting some random doge picture? really? :D

Ha got no point, maybe some problems with understanding but deff no point. But he is from danny soc so im not surprised he is trying to defend him even tho danny said he ised that chip :)

Dude that picture makes no sense.

DannyO might be a good person, i actually don't doubt that. But he had a moment of weakness and that is something you can't deny.

Now what i hope is for transparency regarding this subject from MindArk.

what's your point dude? u want me to guess, by posting some random doge picture? really? :D

hes from dark night(squirrel) soc no?

never_argue_with_stupid_people.jpg

Proverbs
26:4~26:5
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself.
Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.

2141_5798_2817.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

You had to use the balcony since the front door was locked?
(Havent been to apartment for ages)

Then how did DannyO got there?
Also used the balcony?

If that is the case, DannyO was fully well aware he was doing a bad thing since he went through so much effort to hide it.
It was all planned from the start!

Also you say you had seen him running up there on several occasions?
Could it mean it was more than a one time occasion?

Trust in MindArk truly affected. Real Cash Economy game where you can't do anything without real money but then there are Devs giving official items to players?! Really? Is this a joke? Because it really sound like one.

This post was the moment i couldnt resist it anymore and i just have to replay to this mess ....YES THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE ! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
This is real money game everything cost real money !
Danny is not the problem here ... worst case he get banned bad for him but world goes on !
MY PROBLEM IS that MA OFFICALS give away offial only items to players ?! ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING ME HOW ABOUT U GIVE ME 100K PED ON TRADE AND WE LL KEEP IT BETWEEN US OK ?!

ZERO TRUST !!
In next few weeks i am going to turn all my gear into ped and withdraw it in a single transaction ok sweedish boys ?
This is what u deserve and if 100 more players like me do it at the same time( goodbye 65k ped from me ) u ll be fucked ! Then may be just then u ll start to respect your player base like you should !

This is how u troll boys ...sad thing is i am not only trolling but actually considering saying goodbye to a rigged game like this one !

Last edited:
i just wish in these crayzee times dank night squirrels would reality

Last edited:
Status
Back