Legend's Unlimited Armor Rentals

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
Seems that over the years I have accumulated quite a few Armor sets, some of them are up for sale in one of my shops and some are just lying around in storage, either way, they are not being used and that's kind of a shame really. So I've been thinking about the prospect of perhaps renting out some of these armors and I really have no idea whether this is going to work or not, I have never rented out anything in Entropia. The only way to find out is to try it so here we go:

Reasons for renting an UL Armor set:

1. Convenience:

Unless you are absolutely certain that you will keep a particular set of armor forever, it is only a matter of time before one day you will outgrow your armor and need to sell it in order to get your next one. By renting the armor instead, you won't have the hassle of having to spam #calytrade and pcf for weeks or even months to try to sell your armor for a fair price once you no longer need it. Just rent the set for the time that you need, return it when you are done with it and get your PED (collateral) back instantly, no time wasted with trying to sell the set.

2. To save on your Defensive costs:

This may seem counter-intuitive at first glance due to the added Rental fee but if your only alternative is to use a Limited Armor set, the markup costs incurred can and will often add up to a lot over time. The markup paid on limited items is money that is spent and gone forever, it doesn't factor into the loot calculations and therefore it's just not possible to recover these expenses. So if for example you have been using Cetus (L) armor with a markup cost of ~130%, you could achieve a savings of up to 30 PED per day using Adjusted Jaguar instead, just from the savings achieved through not having to pay any markup, not to mention the 20% Dodge buff on the Adjusted Jag which will reduce your Defensive costs even further. (the actual savings achieved per day will vary greatly depending on what mobs you hunt and for how long. The 30 PED figure is arrived at using my own experience where I have observed that I quite often end up with an armor decay bill of 100 PED or more after 7-10 hours of hunting). If you want to learn more about the economy of Armors then check out the article I wrote called Durability - the Cost of Protection in my Armor Guide.

3. To try a set to see how well it performs:

If you aren't sure which armor to get for yourself and you would like to test out different armors, this could be a convenient way to do so for a reasonable fee. I have many nice sets you can try out for a few days or a week or more, however long you need it for. Take it to Arkadia, RT or any other planet and test it out on all kinds of mobs and see if it would be suitable for you. If you are certain you are going to buy a set and just aren't sure which one, then you might want to check out my 'Try before you buy' program below to see how I can help you decide :)

Here are the male Armors which are currently available to rent:

Male Sets
Name
Tier​
Collateral​
Daily​
Weekly​
Monthly​
Status​
Adj. Jaguar
0-1​
10k​
15​
80​
275​
Available​
Adj. Boar
1​
9k​
14​
75​
265​
Available​
Adj. Nemesis
2.2k​
9​
50​
175​
Available​
eMINE
1-3​
4.5k​
10​
55​
190​
Available​
Viking
0-1​
2.6k​
9​
50​
175​
Available​
Note: minimum rental is 3 days

Tiger - Viking - eMINE
rental1.jpg

Adj. Jaguar - Adj. Boar - Adj. Nemesis
rental2.jpg

As you can see, some of these are tiered and offer a decent amount of protection when Defense enhancers are added to them.

And here are the female Armors which are currently available to rent:

Female Sets
Name
Tier​
Collateral​
Daily​
Weekly​
Monthly​
Status​
Adj. Boar
0-1​
8k​
14​
75​
265​
Available​
Liakon
1-3​
4k​
12​
65​
210​
Available​
Ghoul
0​
3.5k​
10​
55​
190​
Available​
Note: minimum rental is 3 days

Adj. Boar - Liakon - Ghoul
rental3.jpg

The collateral is the total amount in PED (or tt value) which I require as a safety deposit in the trade window when you are receiving the armor. I am willing to accept CLDs and perhaps some Estate Deeds as well at this time but this is something that will need to be discussed on a case by case basis. If you wish you can provide items or material stacks as collateral but only the tt value of the items provided will count towards the collateral, I will not recognize any markup value for any items other then CLDs or Estate Deeds. If you provide CLDs as collateral, the payouts received during the time that I am holding the CLDs will be returned to you so you will not be losing them.

There is a minimum 3 day rental on all armor sets. The only exception made is for people who qualify for the 'Try before you buy' program below.

Try before you buy

If you are shopping for a new Armor set and you are unsure which one you should buy, it's quite likely that I could help make things easier for you. Would you like to try the armor you are thinking about buying for free?

If you are serious about buying an armor and you have collateral, I will let you try it for a couple of hours. Afterwards, if you buy a set from me (doesn't have to be that set), the rental will be completely free and you will get all your collateral back. If at the end of the day you do not buy an armor, you will be required to pay the minimum 3 day rental fee on the armor I let you use. This free 'Try before you buy' program is only offered for short loans less than 1 day. If you need to try mobs on different planets or if you need the armor for more than one day, you will need to rent it like any other hunter would do.

-- Fine print:
0. In addition to the collateral amount, the rental fee must be paid upfront when receiving the armor.
1. Armor sets are provided at full condition (full tt) and are expected to be returned full tt.
2. Upon entering into an agreement with me, I expect you to accept my friend request and trust that you will not have yourself set to 'invisible' in case I need to contact you when you are online. I would also appreciate it if you could provide me with a means to reach you outside of Entropia, e.g. an email address or Discord tag id.
3. You must return the armor on time as agreed, I am online usually more than 10 hours everyday so there is no excuse for a late return.
4. I reserve the right to liquidate any Deeds or items provided as collateral if you have not logged in or responded to my messages for more than 30 days after the last day of your rental. If you come back to the game later and do return the armor to me, I will return to you the funds left after compensating myself for the entire period of time in which the armor was in your possession.
5. If the armor is never returned then obviously the entire collateral is forfeited.

Last edited:
reserved for future use

Back