Banned from the #trade and #calytrade

Chiee

Stalker
Society
Drop Zone
Toni Chiee Lahderinne
Banned from #trade, and #calytrade
The cartels have spoken and im not allowed to post messages in these channels anymore

I have been banned from the supposedly public #trade, and #calytrade channels.

Today I started new trading channel #fairtrade to everyone, specially for newbies so they dont get ripped of with lower prices. pretty much 5 minutes after i made the channel they have banned me and this is not first time at all. In the past i have been banned from these channels days, sometimes weeks.
This hurts my gameplay alot when i cant even buy shrapnel for hunting.

Please Mindark take control of the main trade channels, and please investigate this highly damaging act to your revenues and exposure. Please do actions with people who control these channels how they want. I can just quess how many players they ban daily just when they see something what they dont like.

Its time to step up.

You were spamming on the channel though... And you even asked to be banned. :duh:

Banned from #trade, and #calytrade
The cartels have spoken and im not allowed to post messages in these channels anymore

I have been banned from the supposedly public #trade, and #calytrade channels.

Today I started new trading channel #fairtrade to everyone, specially for newbies so they dont get ripped of with lower prices. pretty much 5 minutes after i made the channel they have banned me and this is not first time at all. In the past i have been banned from these channels days, sometimes weeks.
This hurts my gameplay alot when i cant even buy shrapnel for hunting.

Please Mindark take control of the main trade channels, and please investigate this highly damaging act to your revenues and exposure. Please do actions with people who control these channels how they want. I can just quess how many players they ban daily just when they see something what they dont like.

Its time to step up.

:bs:

one message isnt spamming.

One message, no. One message multiple times, yes. One message multiple times over several trade channels, yes.

One message, no. One message multiple times, yes. One message multiple times over several trade channels, yes.

like said i posted that message once in both channels before ban.

like said i posted that message once in both channels before ban.

And you also sent that message through rookie chat and decided to have an argument over there:wise:

Please make an educated thread with every fact stated before tossing accusations...

And you also sent that message through rookie chat and decided to have an argument over there :wise:

Please make an educated thread with every fact stated before tossing accusations...

Im not banned from rookie channel.

Starkiller are you the operator?

Im not banned from rookie channel.
:duh:
Starkiller are you the operator?

All operators have a "@" behind their name when doing a command check through the chat system. I think this is the problem really is people not reading the instruction booklets of things. You were spamming about a channel that bans spammers. Does that make sense to you? :dunno:

There is also a /help command on the chat system that informs you of this just so you know ;)

I think I saw you there spamming and asking to be banned. Are you guys really that bored that you have to start drama like this?

I think I saw you there spamming and asking to be banned. Are you guys really that bored that you have to start drama like this?

Actually im asking MA to take control of the channels for fair play.

I just checked from logs, how much spam it really was...

If this falls into spam category, you guys should start giving mutes to people who spam the chat all day.
Otherwise, this looks like somebody got mad about new trade channel.

I have been online whole day, (because im nolife) and this is all chiee posted.
2020-04-11 08:50:04 [#calytrade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].
2020-04-11 08:50:07 [#trade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].
2020-04-11 08:50:12 [Rookie] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].
------
2020-04-11 08:52:10 [#trade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].
2020-04-11 08:52:13 [#calytrade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].
------
2020-04-11 08:53:03 [#calytrade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].
2020-04-11 08:53:05 [#trade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].
------
2020-04-11 09:01:01 [#calytrade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].
2020-04-11 09:01:05 [Rookie] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].
------
2020-04-11 09:09:54 [Rookie] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].
-----
2020-04-11 09:24:20 [Rookie] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].
-----
2020-04-11 09:36:35 [Rookie] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].

I just checked from logs, how much spam it really was...

If this falls into spam category, you guys should start giving mutes to people who spam the chat all day.
Otherwise, this looks like somebody got mad about new trade channel.

I have been online whole day, (because im nolife) and this is all chiee posted.

I that short span of time vs the message written? it should be.
2020-04-11 08:50:04 [#calytrade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].Best and fairest trading channel ingame. Spammers, Scammers and Resellers with Retarded prices will be banned.Welcome
2020-04-11 08:50:07 [#trade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].Best and fairest trading channel ingame. Spammers, Scammers and Resellers with Retarded prices will be banned.Welcome
2020-04-11 08:50:12 [Rookie] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].Best and fairest trading channel ingame. Spammers, Scammers and Resellers with Retarded prices will be banned.Welcome
------
2020-04-11 08:52:10 [#trade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].Best and fairest trading channel ingame. Spammers, Scammers and Resellers with Retarded prices will be banned.Welcome
2020-04-11 08:52:13 [#calytrade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].Best and fairest trading channel ingame. Spammers, Scammers and Resellers with Retarded prices will be banned.Welcome
------
2020-04-11 08:53:03 [#calytrade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].Best and fairest trading channel ingame. Spammers, Scammers and Resellers with Retarded prices will be banned.Welcome
2020-04-11 08:53:05 [#trade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].Best and fairest trading channel ingame. Spammers, Scammers and Resellers with Retarded prices will be banned.Welcome
------
2020-04-11 09:01:01 [#calytrade] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].Best and fairest trading channel ingame. Spammers, Scammers and Resellers with Retarded prices will be banned.Welcome
2020-04-11 09:01:05 [Rookie] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].Best and fairest trading channel ingame. Spammers, Scammers and Resellers with Retarded prices will be banned.Welcome
------
2020-04-11 09:09:54 [Rookie] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].Best and fairest trading channel ingame. Spammers, Scammers and Resellers with Retarded prices will be banned.Welcome
-----
2020-04-11 09:24:20 [Rookie] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade].Best and fairest trading channel ingame. Spammers, Scammers and Resellers with Retarded prices will be banned.Welcome
-----
2020-04-11 09:36:35 [Rookie] [Toni Chiee Lahderinne] Welcome to the [#fairtrade]. Best and fairest trading channel ingame. Spammers, Scammers and Resellers with Retarded prices will be banned.Welcome

There, fixed it for you. And this is on a big screen with a big forum page and writting area, now just size it down to your chat.

Here's an example:
unknown.png

gets annoying in a 1 minute span for instance like you portrayed.

There, fixed it for you. And this is on a big screen with a big forum page and writting area, now just size it down to your chat.

Here's an example:
unknown.png

gets annoying in a 1 minute span for instance like you portrayed.

Well i don't really have an opinion about this particulair case, but i see people spamming way more frequent and even larger amounts of text all day. What is the difference from this to all the other spammers that don't get banned? Is it because he was spamming something that doesn't belong in #trade/#calytrade?

In that short span of time vs the message written? it should be.

Agreed, sort of. Do you really mean "time vs message", though, like a competition which is worse? Anyway, a dose of the message's own message about banning spammers seems pretty appropriate, and not a misuse of power.

Recently, though, there have been several problems with misuse of power/privileges, plus problems of trying to do things right in a screwed up environment. (=chat powers, that prototype item, trying to organise shop subletting)

People who try and structure fair environments are swamped over time by 'undesirable influences'. The only places that seem to be relatively safe are the spaceships - if owned by a good, dedicated and sensible person. Even then, MA makes it a tad nightmarish to operate something like that well.

I can't really imagine MA running chats well and fairly tbh. It would be a thankless task that doesn't help much positively for the game, even if someone saintly were in charge. I think we need a new trading system tbh, but would not be a priority on the roadmap - so maybe 2022 even if progress were made at triple speed on other stuff that needs doing.

Maybe there should be a new focus on how to enable simple automated improvements - such as a simple database of items, prices, locations and length of time since listing of all items on sale via shops/stalls etc. Simple should also mean very little room for foul play, although I do see a problem that greed etc that drives people can make them creative too...

Agreed, sort of. Do you really mean "time vs message", though, like a competition which is worse? Anyway, a dose of the message's own message about banning spammers seems pretty appropriate, and not a misuse of power.

Recently, though, there have been several problems with misuse of power/privileges, plus problems of trying to do things right in a screwed up environment. (=chat powers, that prototype item, trying to organise shop subletting)

People who try and structure fair environments are swamped over time by 'undesirable influences'. The only places that seem to be relatively safe are the spaceships - if owned by a good, dedicated and sensible person. Even then, MA makes it a tad nightmarish to operate something like that well.

I can't really imagine MA running chats well and fairly tbh. It would be a thankless task that doesn't help much positively for the game, even if someone saintly were in charge. I think we need a new trading system tbh, but would not be a priority on the roadmap - so maybe 2022 even if progress were made at triple speed on other stuff that needs doing.

Maybe there should be a new focus on how to enable simple automated improvements - such as a simple database of items, prices, locations and length of time since listing of all items on sale via shops/stalls etc. Simple should also mean very little room for foul play, although I do see a problem that greed etc that drives people can make them creative too...

Spam = sending same msg on same channel every 10 sec imo. Sending and msg on more channels at a rate of minutes isnt spamming. Give the man a break and stop the drama. Others are dieing for starvation and you are annoyed of some msg sent at a channel? Jesus

Hard to explain, but it felt at the time like it was forced with some intent, know what I mean? I read it, replied to him and the reply was this:
unknown.png

And yes, he is wanting to advertise (through the use of spam) for a channel that bans spam? :scratch2:

So I can only imagine that if he replies to a guy like me, like this, he will probably reply the same or worse to a moderator that is trying to do his job... Then people go out and take second guesses as to the intent of the moderators and so on... One phrase I was told when I started working was: "Assumption is the mother of all f*ck*ps."

I am a "spammer" myself out of necessity... seems like the more business I try to make, the more messages I have to put out, and even I find them annoying, so I try to space them as much as possible and think of ways to make them smaller. But whenever someone warns me of potential spamming (for example monria channel, and even this forums signature being too big at some point) I stop, and try to figure out what the issue is and fix it... Not ask to be banned :laugh:

Hard to explain, but it felt at the time like it was forced with some intent, know what I mean? I read it, replied to him and the reply was this:
unknown.png

And yes, he is wanting to advertise (through the use of spam) for a channel that bans spam? :scratch2:

So I can only imagine that if he replies to a guy like me, like this, he will probably reply the same or worse to a moderator that is trying to do his job... Then people go out and take second guesses as to the intent of the moderators and so on... One phrase I was told when I started working was: "Assumption is the mother of all f*ck*ps."

I am a "spammer" myself out of necessity... seems like the more business I try to make, the more messages I have to put out, and even I find them annoying, so I try to space them as much as possible and think of ways to make them smaller. But whenever someone warns me of potential spamming (for example monria channel, and even this forums signature being too big at some point) I stop, and try to figure out what the issue is and fix it... Not ask to be banned :laugh:

Lol are you serious? You saw how many posts this APE made and you accused me about spamming. I didnt think i was spamming and I was joking with you. Im not asking to take my ban off from the channels, just MA to take control of them so it would be fair for you and me. This seems to be problem for you.

Also im asking could he ban me from #trade. why im banned from the #calytrade???

Lol are you serious? You saw how many posts this APE made and you accused me about spamming. I didnt think i was spamming and I was joking with you. Im not asking to take my ban off from the channels, just MA to take control of them so it would be fair for you and me. This seems to be problem for you.

Also im asking could he ban me from #trade. why im banned from the #calytrade???

Firstly: I suggest you talk directly to the person who called you that, which wasn't me.

Secondly: No the problem we as players need to evaluate how certain things can be comprehended from other player's perspectives.. I canot feel or hear the tone in which you are using such a sentence, neither can you see or feel mine... Neither can a moderator or any other player for that matter. We as players can only assume. And assumption is the mother of all f*ck*ups.

It's not a problem for me really, I just think it's a bit funny how you were making a new channel for non spammers (out of other bad types) and using spam to that end. Talk about bias right? Then ask to be banned (at a playful tone as you state) and proceed to get banned. :smash: Seems to me the system is working as intended...

In either case, there is no strict regulations anywhere regarding what spam is, so it is that subjective to everyone... For those who aren't understanding what I mean by this:

- What is spam to me might not be spam to you;
- What is spam to you might not be spam to me;
- What is spam to us might not be spam to a moderator;
- What is spam to a moderator might not be spam to us.

The list would go on.

As for the ban on both channels, you spammed on both at the same interval? My guess is: either it is the same moderator, or they have the same parametres for spam.

Firstly: I suggest you talk directly to the person who called you that, which wasn't me.

Secondly: No the problem we as players need to evaluate how certain things can be comprehended from other player's perspectives.. I canot feel or hear the tone in which you are using such a sentence, neither can you see or feel mine... Neither can a moderator or any other player for that matter. We as players can only assume. And assumption is the mother of all f*ck*ups.

It's not a problem for me really, I just think it's a bit funny how you were making a new channel for non spammers (out of other bad types) and using spam to that end. Talk about bias right? Then ask to be banned (at a playful tone as you state) and proceed to get banned. :smash: Seems to me the system is working as intended...

In either case, there is no strict regulations anywhere regarding what spam is, so it is that subjective to everyone... For those who aren't understanding what I mean by this:

- What is spam to me might not be spam to you;
- What is spam to you might not be spam to me;
- What is spam to us might not be spam to a moderator;
- What is spam to a moderator might not be spam to us.

The list would go on.

As for the ban on both channels, you spammed on both at the same interval? My guess is: either it is the same moderator, or they have the same parametres for spam.

Firstly: I dont need to speak with that person who called me a APE. He can do that as much he wants. I need to talk with you since you post pictures here and accused me about spamming after 1-2 posts and it was you who i was dealing in the #trade channel. Actually when i think of it you were doing atleast same amount of posts between my messages, should i dig logs?

Can I ask what you consider as spamming if those 1-2 messages per channel was to much for you?

About ban on both channels: that doesnt still explain why other players can spam as much they want but these few lines was to much from me? (Like you were posting your trade messages same time). Why these parametres doesnt work for you? I think its pretty obv why.

Since we have logs here. Everyone can decide have i spammed or not.

Firstly: I dont need to speak with that person who called me a APE. He can do that as much he wants. I need to talk with you since you post pictures here and accused me about spamming after 1-2 posts and it was you who i was dealing in the #trade channel. Actually when i think of it you were doing atleast same amount of posts between my messages, should i dig logs?

Can I ask what you consider as spamming if those 1-2 messages per channel was to much for you?

About ban on both channels: that doesnt still explain why other players can spam as much they want but these few lines was to much from me? (Like you were posting your trade messages same time). Why these parametres doesnt work for you? I think its pretty obv why.

Since we have logs here. Everyone can decide have i spammed or not.

Too bad I know my message count is big and I admit it, but I don't spam it every minute or every 3 minutes. Sadly you did, and sadly some player didn't like it and aparently moderator didn't like it either, so you got banned, as you requested. :duh:

Report the abusers with evidence and let whoever in charge do his job.

The fact you do not wish to even read my replies to your thread, makes me feel unwilling to continue this. People will decide what they see here. At least those who take the time to read the posts properly and not diagonaly like some.

Lord have mercy.. are we really that bored.....

Person: *sets house on fire*
Cops: *arrests person*
Person: why did you arrest me? I did nothing wrong. Injustice injustice! Cops are corrupt!

:scratch2:

Lord have mercy.. are we really that bored.....

Person: *sets house on fire*
Cops: *arrests person*
Person: why did you arrest me? I did nothing wrong. Injustice injustice! Cops are corrupt!

:scratch2:

Could you tell me what I did wrong then? :girl:

Could you tell me what I did wrong then? :girl:

If I had to guess you got banned because:

1. Your messages had nothing to do with either buying or selling anything, which is the only purpose of those channels.
2. You asked explicitly to be banned.

This is the only thing I will say, both channels have been working for years and this is the first time I see so much drama over "bans" or whatever, so if you ask me they are either not modded at all or the little moderation they require is done properly.

Not saying I agree or disagree with either party, I don't know what went down. People is bored as hell ...

Good luck.

If I had to guess you got banned because:

1. Your messages had nothing to do with either buying or selling anything, which is the only purpose of those channels.
2. You asked explicitly to be banned.

This is the only thing I will say, both channels have been working for years and this is the first time I see so much drama over "bans" or whatever, so if you ask me they are either not modded at all or the little moderation they require is done properly.

Not saying I agree or disagree with either party, I don't know what went down. People is bored as hell ...

Good luck.

I agree 100% with Angel's assessment and would like to add.

3. Advertising another channel on the channels that are oh so "evil"... seems a tad off.

Plus the use of the word "Retard" in chats of many other games would get you chat-banned.

Back