Banned from the #trade and #calytrade

All this banning nonsense. Don't people talk anymore.

On the rare occasion I was selling something on calytrade. I'm sure I bumped it 5 times a minute, before I gave up.

Come on guys, it's a dick waving contest. I say lift the ban and move on.

Rick.

Maybe there should be a new focus on how to enable simple automated improvements - such as a simple database of items, prices, locations and length of time since listing of all items on sale via shops/stalls etc.

We need this.

Yo just to clarify i wasn't caling anyone an ape and I dont actually have any interest in this fight other than being bored and memeing. Was barely even paying attention to ingame chat when it happened, though i did notice a lot of the messeges in a short time period. Sorry if i offended anyone.

No way
:yup:

Last edited:
This is a very minor offence on OP's part. It would at most warrant a temporary ban(maybe 1-3 days). I'm starting to wonder who is actually in charge of #calytrade since it is a vital channel for trading in the game. I don't mind it being moderated at all, but minor offences like this should be handled more tactfully.

My point of view :
I was moderator of some "chat" programms long time ago and what can i say is we need to know what is spamming?
What i mean by that is we need to know the rules of each chat/trade channel.
In this case i sow so many people spamming the trades channels over over again and i never seen any of them banned.Even i admit i did it,but spamming in waves for each channel once and did it in couple minutes again.
Besides that,if someone ask for ban you cant just give to him if he didnt kept doing spamming, its against the rules just because is asked for it.
You are a moderator in RCE game,not in some dating channels who made mistakes and he doesnt give a f**k about getting banned.You make another profile and keep going...
This is different,you should make an example how it supposed to be done,what is not against the rules and make equal for everyone..
It is quite stupid that persons control main trade channels in game such as this one...
I do not accuse or defending nobody,just saying my opinion from my perspective.
Regards
Edvin

Last edited:
Here is what i do.

Whenever i choose to use Calytrade , I enable chat for that channel for the short time i am using it.

If I am selling an item I have it enabled only long enough to place ad , then it is disabled again.

All chat has the ability to block any user from being seen , so if someone is a constant annoyance to you , simply right click on their name and hit ignore.

As more people go on more and more ignore lists , they will eventually have enough people ignoring them that they will stop.

As for moderators banning , blocking or whatever punitive action taken , it is only polite and sensible as a moderator to first contact the offender and explain that action will be taken if they do not change what it is they are doing.

As for Mindarks solution , you already have it , ignore.

I personally prefer not to have Mindark take control of moderation , since they would enact a program as a nannybot , and I do not want or need a nannybot that does not like certain words , phrases or other censorship.

bender2.png

Maybe in this case, a ban was handed out too fast imho

Has already been posted, but its that good & relevant it needs to be repeated :)
starkiller2.jpg

You have an excellent sense of humor urza

Has already been posted, but its that good & relevant it needs to be repeated :)
starkiller2.jpg

You have an excellent sense of humor urza

It's kind of the other way around but whatever ;)

This is still a thread? :eek:

Back