Omegaton Laser Sight Mk 1

Bump it up!!

Is this thing worth only 600 peds now these days???

How many exists? How useful is the crit increase buff now days? I myself does not know since I have not paid so much attention.. :laugh:

The value on both the laser sight and the scope you have listed in your other thread is very difficult to quantify today. There are several significant factors playing into the difficulty.

Factor 1: Quantifiable impact. In loot 1.0 you could just plug the numbers into your setup, find out how much PED difference it would make in your TT returns, and then determine what you expected to be a reasonable timeframe for ROI. In loot 2.0, DPP makes absolutely no difference in your TT returns, but allegedly makes a difference in "loot composition". The impact of this is much more difficult to quantify.

Factor 2: High-pegged price point. Most transactions of these items occurred during loot 2.0, and they commanded such tremendous prices that it pegged the value high in many people's minds. This resulted in some new owners feeling like they got a great deal because they bagged it at 1/3rd or 1/4th the previous value, despite having still paid a significant sum.

Factor 3: Realized loss. When people sell an item that has lost significant value they are realizing their loss. That is a very hard thing for some people to handle emotionally. They may also consider that if they continue to hold it they have a chance that the game mechanics could turn favorable toward that item again, or that some poor sod will come in and overpay for it.

Factor 4: Alternative means. Every quarter we are seeing a new ring introduced, and the general trend has been an increase in utility. There are many combinations available now to maximize the Focused Blow without the use of that scope. While Increased Critical Damage is much harder to max out (currently), is also has a substantially smaller overall effect on both DPS and DPP.

Factor 5: Niche market. You basically have three target audiences for these items. Serious competition participants looking to maximize DPS, top-geared players trying to push their gear sets to the absolute max, and nostalgic players looking for collectors items. All three of these niches represent a fairly small population of the player base, and the practical utility of these items is fairly negligible to any of the three.

I'm sorry I don't have a dollar amount for you. As is the case with all highly niche items, the value will simply be what a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to accept.

Back