Chip Gate

Status

moondog

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
So, I was following with great interest the thread "Prototype Regeneration Field Chip" in which some very valid points were raised. In fact it has become a hot topic of conversation amongst our soc. So the final post in the thread is from MA stating that they will release a statement shortly and voila the post is locked without, as I can see, an explaination as to why.

I am concerned that this fiasco will be swept under the carpet as so many similar incidents have been over the years.

I have therefore started this thread to ensure that the community concerns over the issue continue to have a voice.

I did not post in the original thread as there seemed to be a lot of angst amongst the various contributors and I did not want to enter into a bun fight. The only comment I wish to make is that responsibilty for this situation sits squarely with which ever planet partner official gave the chip out to a player in the first place.

I do hope that MA's official response, if and when it comes, will address this one issue.

Regards

Moondog

Last edited:
It will come shortly...
03-18-2020 - Just like the new community manager will introduce herself to us all "shortly".

02-27-2020 - The devs are working on a complete overhaul of the item tier gain probability formula, which will be released in a patch shortly after the upcoming VU.

Remeber the most posted statement with AMA?
"At the same, we want to avoid making similar mistake by revealing plans before we are certain that they will be implemented in a certain way. As with all of our design decision, it always comes down to a question of allocating our limited resources and manpower to the most important projects that benefit the greatest number of participants."

Mindark went back to making mistakes with the reveals, plans and timelines they give us...

Reactions: Izz
It will come shortly...
03-18-2020 - Just like the new community manager will introduce herself to us all "shortly".

02-27-2020 - The devs are working on a complete overhaul of the item tier gain probability formula, which will be released in a patch shortly after the upcoming VU.

Remeber the most posted statement with AMA?
"At the same, we want to avoid making similar mistake by revealing plans before we are certain that they will be implemented in a certain way. As with all of our design decision, it always comes down to a question of allocating our limited resources and manpower to the most important projects that benefit the greatest number of participants."

Mindark went back to making mistakes with the reveals, plans and timelines they give us...

You forgot shrapnel in crafting near success and Robot Data Fragments in mayhem moved to mining.

I was looking forward to being able to participate in mayhem through mining, as I wont be forced into cat 4 , not my play style.

Last edited:
Will we ever find out the outcome of this fiasco??? I've invested thousands of $$$ into this game and then this "Prototype Chip" thing !!! Who's to blame, Ark Studios maybe ??? Who knows lol ???:scratch2::confused:

I do hope that MA's official response, if and when it comes, will address this one issue.

contact_intern.jpg

The official statement will be with us shortly. ;)

Regarding both MindArk's response thus far, as well as that of some of the members of the DK community...

So, I was following with great interest the thread "Prototype Regeneration Field Chip" ... final post ... MA stating that they will release a statement shortly and voila the post is locked without, as I can see, an explaination as to why.

I am concerned that this fiasco will be swept under the carpet as so many similar incidents have been over the years.

I have therefore started this thread ...

I did not post in the original thread ...
Regards

Moondog

Hiya, I too was thinking of starting a thread of some kind, based on how I was feeling. I was thinking along the lines of researching the latest timeline expression 'shortly', for people to maybe be able to better 'understand' when MA uses such vocabulary.
Lo and behold, this was also considered straight away by Killahbee. Grats to you both for beating me to it! :)

My analogy is somebody coming into a room every now and again, closing the window, and then leaving again. Somebody else who was already in the room at the time and actually wishes to be in the room with the window open then gets up and reopens the window. This repeats ... and repeats. Finally, the window is nailed closed and a note put up: Please forget that this was ever here. New ventilation will be provided shortly!

So, welcome to the discussion Moondog. The more the merrier - for those wanting to discuss at any rate.

When the point is reached when there's nobody left in the room at all, can the person who keeps closing the window also please turn out the lights!

Will we ever find out the outcome of this fiasco??? I've invested thousands of $$$ into this game and then this "Prototype Chip" thing !!! Who's to blame, Ark Studios maybe ??? Who knows lol ???:scratch2::confused:

sorry dude
27vfvaoy90q41.jpg

And don't forget that what is hidden is always bigger than what is showed! Always!

This is just the tip of the iceberg...

Would be nice to have someone like Jason Schreier start to investigate every nook and cranny of Entropia Universe and all the devs. Maybe it will happen soon?

Status
Back