MindArk's Statement Regarding Unauthorized Use of Official Items

I think this will be satisfactory.

I suppose this is about as good as it's going to get.

How about some penalty toward ark's development team for dishing out unfair items and showing a complete corruption of the game? You're gonna punish the players but not the devs/planet partners who supported this? name them so we know what dirt looks like.

DannyO and the un-named player aint out. plenty of alts to go around if not just create a new one and dominate cat 1 with some friends gear. we all know how this game works. ;)

Crime fits the punishment i guess.

U do think intuition should be taken partiallly aswell atleast.

How do we actually know the punishment fits the crime, we are not in possession of all the facts, we can only assume it does because that is what we have been told by MA.

I would have thought DannyO avatar has already been stripped of thousands and thousands of dollars, given that he was in the high 90’s of all the Mindforce skills, long before he even touched the field chip, so a few more skills from here and there won’t much difference when he sells out.

He would have been fined less in a court of law for selling 2 kilo's of coke than he has been fined by MA!!

Shame for him really they stripped all the intelligence and psyche..... otherwise he could have maybe sold the avatar, to save him chipping out, wouldn’t you say Mr Joda or whoever you are these days?

Did Ma strip you of all the dodge and heal skills and reset your agility when you used to auto fap on the drones with your mod fap.....with your sidekick of the time “Bers”...…. or would you not know because you didn't use/own this avatar then?

Last edited:
How about some penalty toward ark's development team for dishing out unfair items and showing a complete corruption of the game? You're gonna punish the players but not the devs/planet partners who supported this? name them so we know what dirt looks like.

As Arkadia Studios is a business partner of Mindark we (players) have nothing to do with the agreements between both parties and naming and shaming would have no benefit.

That being said, i do hope this issue will be discussed between the parties and actions will be (and already have been) taken

As Arkadia Studios is a business partner of Mindark we (players) have nothing to do with the agreements between both parties and naming and shaming would have no benefit.

That being said, i do hope this issue will be discussed between the parties and actions will be (and already have been) taken

Don't you think people are saying things on this subject based on emotion and not logical real world logics?

Mindark is the holding parent company - that has the final say and approval on everything.

Ark, RT, Cryene etc - are subsidiary / franchise companies - who if they want something have to request them from the parent company(MA). This is probably written into the terms and conditions.

So if an item, in this case the Proto field chip was requested by ark, wouldn't it be fair to assume it was created and approved by MA?

So it would also be fair to assume, that if MA had applied due diligence to the coding of the item, they could have in fact made the item so that it had no skills associated with it?

It would also be fair to assume they could have applied to the coding that the item in question was untradeable, in fact all Official items could be coded this way.

So ultimately, due to poor operating procedures and practices in place, it is quite clear that the majority of the blame lies solely at MA door, whilst a proportion of the blame can be by emotion directed at ARK.

All MA have done is try to defect the blame onto Ark, so that they look like the innocent party!!

Don't you think people are saying things on this subject based on emotion and not logical real world logics?

Mindark is the holding parent company - that has the final say and approval on everything.

Ark, RT, Cryene etc - are subsidiary / franchise companies - who if they want something have to request them from the parent company(MA). This is probably written into the terms and conditions.

So if an item, in this case the Proto field chip was requested by ark, wouldn't it be fair to assume it was created and approved by MA?

So it would also be fair to assume, that if MA had applied due diligence to the coding of the item, they could have in fact made the item so that it had no skills associated with it?

It would also be fair to assume they could have applied to the coding that the item in question was untradeable, in fact all Official items could be coded this way.

So ultimately, due to poor operating procedures and practices in place, it is quite clear that the majority of the blame lies solely at MA door, whilst a proportion of the blame can be by emotion directed at ARK.

All MA have done is try to defect the blame onto Ark, so that they look like the innocent party!!

So a planet partner can dish out any items they feel to their friends and it's only MA/the players fault?

No. I'd say Ark has an obvious crooked team working with them and trying to benefit their friends how they can.

They have not listed the other name officially let alone the dirty dev's involved.

So a planet partner can dish out any items they feel to their friends and it's only MA/the players fault?

No. I'd say Ark has an obvious crooked team working with them and trying to benefit their friends how they can.

They have not listed the other name officially let alone the dirty dev's involved.

I am interested in your comments, are they driven through emotion or fact? So a dev from any planet can just make what they want? is that what you are saying?

So my theory that all items are created, coded and approved by the parent company are incorrect?

The point I was trying to make, was if they were coded correctly in the first place, then these items would never be able to change hands, weather they worked for Ark, RT or Cryene?

So my theory that all items are created, coded and approved by the parent company are incorrect?

Even if your theory is correct an ark dev handed the chip to a player. No other PP or MA has done that except for ark, for that it's quite right there should be some sort of punishment for ark.

In fact whatever method was used to create the chip the fact/speculation remains ark handed the chip over to players. It was through ark that players gained access to the chip, as such ark allowed this drama to happen.

Even if your theory is correct an ark dev handed the chip to a player. No other PP or MA has done that except for ark, for that it's quite right there should be some sort of punishment for ark.

In fact whatever method was used to create the chip the fact/speculation remains ark handed the chip over to players. It was through ark that players gained access to the chip, as such ark allowed this drama to happen.

As I understand it, it was an individual who did it at Ark team, not in agreement with whole team.
I think someone mentioned it that he who runs Ark team is pretty pissed due to this, but
that is more of a rumour so I'm not 100% sure how it realy is.

Being a member I found this to be quite a shock, which I found out about all this yesterday.
So I took a break in mid March, like most of us do from time to time. Logged in on a few Monday’s to check my CP shares.
I do a full login yesterday, started to do some last minute mayhem grinding as I had missed out on the start of it all, as for reasons stated. I then was informed by someone explaining what had happened, they had sent me a link outlining all.
Of course, to my surprise I was shocked, and even upset. I was upset that I was absent during the this time, I mean, all the potentially juicy talk in soc chat. Such a shame.

On a more serious note, I’m not sure how this will affect current members of the soc within and the potential scoffing towards us from others. Don’t think I need to preach about how one negative action from someone doesn’t make the others of the same flock culpable.

Its a slippery slope when permanban and RCE are meshed together.
What if Danny had legitimately leveled up those skills? Now they are at 1? That seems like being mugged to me.
Sure Danny was cheating the system, or perhaps stealing. But an eye for an eye and the world goes blind.
Danny displayed that he’s a penitant person, is he because he got caught? Only he knows, but he surely didn’t have to make a statement admitting guilt. As for retribution, what’s the correct action or sentence?

To me, there’s no real right way to discipline this action when there is equity involved. Then again, I’m just a pleb playing a game.

I am interested in your comments, are they driven through emotion or fact? So a dev from any planet can just make what they want? is that what you are saying?

The point I was trying to make, was if they were coded correctly in the first place, then these items would never be able to change hands, weather they worked for Ark, RT or Cryene?

It's not who made it, it's who handed it out to the player. It was given to DannyO by someone.

1. Who?
2. What actions were taken against them?

That's my point. For someone to give those items out to a normal player that would mean there is a kink in what should be an even playground. Ark team played dirty, ark team should also take a punishment.

ark team should also take a punishment.

i think ark team had their punishments already, with wrong goldrush scores, broken oratan events, quite a shitty moon release and development progress, and now this whole issue with their "lost" items ... what exactly more would you like to punish them, hmm?

ark is dead is a recent thread on ark forum ... and it's not the only thing that died over the years, just to mention.

It's not who made it, it's who handed it out to the player. It was given to DannyO by someone.

1. Who?
2. What actions were taken against them?

That's my point. For someone to give those items out to a normal player that would mean there is a kink in what should be an even playground. Ark team played dirty, ark team should also take a punishment.

Ok I try again: if it was an individual who handed it out that person need to take responsibilty
for the action, if it wasn't approved to do so within in the team, no need to punish whole team.

How do we actually know the punishment fits the crime, we are not in possession of all the facts, we can only assume it does because that is what we have been told by MA.

That we will probably never know. That being said, many other players have been perma-banned for lesser offenses. I think most of the "punishment fit the crime" sentiment here is a positive sentiment that DannyO was not perma-banned.

Did Ma strip you of all the dodge and heal skills and reset your agility when you used to auto fap on the drones with your mod fap.....with your sidekick of the time “Bers”...…. or would you not know because you didn't use/own this avatar then?

There are two scenarios you are portraying here, both of which have a common fundamental difference which completely separates them from the events detailed in the original post.

1. The "auto-fap" skilling for Evade, Dodge, and Paramedic as you describe was something that all players had an equal opportunity to take advantage of at the time when it was possible. Yes, there were substantial barriers in place (cost of mod fap for example), but nevertheless anyone could have acquired a mod fap and done the same.

2. All players have an equal opportunity to transfer the operator of an avatar.
Under the presumption that the avatar Joda has changed operators, it is almost certain that MindArk is aware of that situation considering the massive amounts of cash being deposited (and presumably withdrawn) by the new operator. Joda is not the first avatar which is presumed to be operated by a different person, and certainly won't be the last. MindArk's awareness of the situation enables them to take punitive action if they chose to do so.

Both of these circumstances are instances in which any player, who was playing at the time of the incident, could have done the same thing.

The use of an Official Item is not something that any player could have done.The only way this was possible was by having a position of privilege with one or more highly positioned Officials. That is the fundamental issue here.

The use of an Official Item is not something that any player could have done.The only way this was possible was by having a position of privilege with one or more highly positioned Officials. That is the fundamental issue here.

Point taken, didn’t think about it like that.....

Although I am pretty sure auto clickers were not allowed!!

As I understand it, it was an individual who did it at Ark team, not in agreement with whole team.
I think someone mentioned it that he who runs Ark team is pretty pissed due to this, but
that is more of a rumour so I'm not 100% sure how it realy is.

If it is a rumor, we really shouldn't be posting about it. That is how we get into trouble and create more drama where it is not needed. It would go to assume that the Arkadia CEO would be rather pissed about this. I would be concerned if he was not.

There has clearly been a chain or errors/failings from all involved, but it seems like steps are being taken to address them. Playing the blame game doesn't really help as at each step something went wrong.

MA gave PP devs an item, we don't know how explicit or implicit the details of use were and its really between those two companies to work out where the failings on the terms of its use lie. The initial error was that such an item could ever be traded to a normal player, and abused in such a way.

Then of course the PP ava/staff ava handing it out, may well have been with genuine intent, with a failing in foresight as to potential abuse, or indifference to this.

Finally the players, whom after a series of failings above, took hold of an opportunity, and are now having to deal with the consequences of their decisions.

A lot went wrong a long the way, and appears to be being addressed, I am though concerned about the ongoing ramifications on what will arise between MA/PP/player relationships (in the broadest sense).

Although I am pretty sure auto clickers were not allowed!!

Proving it is an auto clicker and not a well trained monkey is hard to do though

If it is a rumor, we really shouldn't be posting about it. That is how we get into trouble and create more drama where it is not needed. It would go to assume that the Arkadia CEO would be rather pissed about this. I would be concerned if he was not.

The point here is that some think Ark team should be punished but it seems some individual
took the decision to hand item out, not approved officialy to be used as it was.
My text there was a bit of "fishing info" since there are some in this forum that for sure
knows what its about.

I remember a crafting auto clicker from the early days called "Stapler on space bar"

Based on reports from the community regarding potential use of official-only items by player avatars, MindArk initiated a thorough investigation into the matter over the past 12 days. In this statement I will detail the steps taken by MindArk, including our investigation of this issue, the actions taken based on our investigation, and adjustments to our policies and procedures to prevent such issues in the future.

Our investigation confirmed that two avatars had used items intended for use exclusively by official avatars. The items in question were acquired, without the permission of either MindArk or Arkadia Studios, from Planet Arkadia Official avatars.

Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk

Tweve day investigation to find two players guilty when there is an Arkadia item and a Mindark Offical item 'misplaced'. Maybe other items too?

scratch_chin.gif

Really?

Did you check ALL the logs?

What would the original guides say?

Tweve day investigation to find two players guilty when there is an Arkadia item and a Mindark Offical item 'misplaced'. Maybe other items too?

scratch_chin.gif

Really?

Did you check ALL the logs?

What would the original guides say?

lol MA admit to more wrong doing than is already public knowledge? Your standards for integrity are too high sir!

WoW 5 months ban tho

It was really fast, great job MA, hope this
one investigation also get some progress!

well progress is over :) dude got busted and permabanned, get already over it haha

WoW 5 months ban tho

well progress is over :) dude got busted and permabanned, get already over it haha

Whould be nice to see official statement about that too in this case, date of account liquidation, auction sellout and so on, аlso return of all items to their rightful owners.

WOW first i hear of this :eyecrazy:
Glad to hear that MA taking actions on it and hope its a start of much more restrict handling when it come to exploits and cheating overall in the game .
And Good job Zen The Prohpet that caught this and reported it well done m8 :)

I appreciate the statement but I think you should consider rewarding the avatar who brought it to both your and the playerbases attention. This would not be unprecedented, notification of serious bugs and flaws have been rewarded in the past.

I hope you agree.

I do agree, and I will instruct the support department to identify and reward those who provided information helpful to our investigation.

While this entire episode was very disappointing and concerning for the community, MindArk, and our planet partners, one bright side is that this was a great example of the community helping to protect the integrity of Entropia Universe. We are often impressed by how dedicated and passionate the Entropia community can be, and we appreciate the help.

Also, I would like to clarify an issue that has been raised by some concerned participants in support cases, regarding how long the abuse that was uncovered had been occuring. Our logs show very clearly that the unauthorized use of the Prototype Regeneration Field chips began in December of 2019.

I can also share that this investigation triggered a more general and comprehensive investigation into potential abuse of other restricted items, official or support accounts, and more. Thankfully, we have not uncovered any other abuses at this time, but we will continue to improve our policies and procedures to prevent any similar issues in the future.

I do agree, and I will instruct the support department to identify and reward those who provided information helpful to our investigation.

well no need for that. it was prophet the prophet from planet zen (ingame name) who brought this to light :yup:

I can also share that this investigation triggered a more general and comprehensive investigation into potential abuse of other restricted items, official or support accounts, and more. Thankfully, we have not uncovered any other abuses at this time, but we will continue to improve our policies and procedures to prevent any similar issues in the future.

Thank you very much for this!

Back