MindArk's Statement Regarding Unauthorized Use of Official Items

I skimmed it and thought they just reset to previous totals, not reset to 1. That's a hell of a punishment, but maybe future potential cheaters will take note.

This is a great response from MindArk. Very balanced punishment and quick to communicate the action to the community.

Excellent work guys.

Our investigation confirmed that two avatars had used items intended for use exclusively by official avatars. The items in question were acquired, without the permission of either MindArk or Arkadia Studios, from Planet Arkadia Official avatars.

Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk

Is the above statement correct, DannyO admitted he got the field chip from an ark official avatar, but he didn’t say where the teleport chip came from. In fact he was quite specific that he wouldn’t say at the time.

Maybe because it is an unusual item, he might have screenshot when he got the chip, so it will be interesting to see if he will now enlighten everyone where the teleport chip actually came from???

If DannyO does come back, guess he will selling his mod resto now, cause he doesn’t have the skills to use it...x ouch!

Based on reports from the community regarding potential use of official-only items by player avatars, MindArk initiated a thorough investigation into the matter over the past 12 days. In this statement I will detail the steps taken by MindArk, including our investigation of this issue, the actions taken based on our investigation, and adjustments to our policies and procedures to prevent such issues in the future.

Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk

I appreciate the statement but I think you should consider rewarding the avatar who brought it to both your and the playerbases attention. This would not be unprecedented, notification of serious bugs and flaws have been rewarded in the past.

I hope you agree.

Our investigation confirmed that two avatars had used items intended for use exclusively by official avatars. The items in question were acquired, without the permission of either MindArk or Arkadia Studios, from Planet Arkadia Official avatars.

So Danny wasn't being truthfull when he said he was handed the item to help in events?

MindArk takes the security and integrity of Entropia Universe very seriously, and we apologize for the concerns and uncertainty that these issues have understandably caused within the community. We will make every effort to ensure that such issues are not possible in the future. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

So from now on dubios stuff like David Dobson CEO from Arkadia being part of the Dark Knight Soc. The very Soc where members happend to obtain these official ark items, won't happen? Is that what you are saying?

But hey guys, it worked yet again. You got the community jumping up and down with joy, because you actually made a statement. gg wp :laugh::laugh:

Crime fits the punishment i guess.

U do think intuition should be taken partiallly aswell atleast.

In some way I'm impressed with the outcome of this sad episode. Something along the lines of what I thought.

Finally, all official-only items will no longer be tradable, nor will they be usable by player avatars.

Good work MindArk! Anyone makes mistakes but only few learn with them.

sheesh ... 5 months ... two gonna hate me meow

Thanks again for what you did! Never be a afraid for expose the truth! +rep

In honer for your actions I think your name on a item would be fair.

Teleport Chip Prophet Edition, with option to teleport to home of course! :silly2:

Or maybe one of those statues that never sold should have your name in it.

Swift...

and reasonably appropriate. They didn't murder anyone for God's sake. A little prison time and reintroduction back to society and because we are a community it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask for Arkadia Studios to explain their involvement and for all avatars involved to submit apologies to the community as DannyO already has. It is not fair that DannyO has to live with the Scarlet Letter but others don't. Anyone can make a mistake given opportunity. Kudos to DannyO for owning up early and kudos for MA for doing the right thing and doing it quickly.

Brick

I appreciate the statement but I think you should consider rewarding the avatar who brought it to both your and the playerbases attention. This would not be unprecedented, notification of serious bugs and flaws have been rewarded in the past.

I hope you agree.

I agree with this. It was a big thing to find out and a bigger thing to expose. It only seems right to reward such actions.

Which means one or more Arkadia officials are in hot water for ever having trusted a player. Why these items were tradable at all in the first place is beyond me. Security has always been "taken seriously", according to official statements. The words didn't change, just the experience what they mean or should mean in practice. I.m.o. this is an oversight on both sides and I hope any actions taken will take into account that there was a standard then and another one now. Some mistakes are foreseeable, others aren't discovered before they are made. We will never know since this is between the two companies, just saying that how we perceive the relationship between MindArk and planet partners can play a role in our choices where we like to spend most of our playing time and money.

Fair enough I'd say.

I hope you agree.

I can only agree with this.

a reward would surely make some players keep their eyes open instead of looking away

So, it's clear that Danny O's Biotropic skills/attributes will be reset, and that he'll be banned for 5 months. However, will there be no additional information regarding the other player that was found to be abusing these type of items??

We deserve to know exactly what items these players had and to what extent they were abused. I am not happy until this is clarified.

Based on what I read in the other thread I assume the other avatar is ben cobra but could be wrong on that. Seems like a fine repsonse, pretty much what i'd expect.

@MindArk "Good Work, Your reputation is well deserved" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOFDeWlCPmU&t=155s

The video is funny (see the "Good Work, Your reputation is well deserved" part ; the rest of the video is... offtopic bonus content :laugh:) , but my compliments are serious :yup:

IMO the skill nerf for the 2 avatars involved is impressive and very hard :
so I guess that the investigation results have truly upset MindArk.

As sidenote I ask myself if other avatars might have done similar abuses involving Official Items, in the recent (or far) past of Entropia Universe.
Almost 20 years : so if this happened only with those 2 avatars, it's particularly good.

Paul

Last edited:
Who knows how many of those skills got chipped out and traded away? Certainly not us, and I won't hold my breath for it.

Henrik's statement suggests players may have had access to official ark avatar(s). If so what other mischief did they get up to apart from handing out official items? Also who gave them access to official avatars in first place?

If not who controlled those official ark avatar(s) that traded these official items? if Ark staff then why is there no punishment to them?

I hope you agree.

Was an MA official who tipped zen about this. So they dont need to reward anyone, because it has a paycheck each month.

Poor DannyO stuck at home during lockdown with nothing to do but roll in his giant pile of cash that he is not allowed to blow in entropia for 5 months.. :eyecrazy:
Whos stepping up to cover his depos?

Don’t you mean who is stepping up to cover his withdraws when he is back.

Was an MA official who tipped zen about this. So they dont need to reward anyone, because it has a paycheck each month.

Proof of that statement?

Btw, instead of being so salty, couldn't you just realize your soc mate did a wrong thing and deserves a punishment? If he wasn't your soc mate you would be here with your pitchfork...

are you on drugs, or is it just a google translate issue?

Seems like a fair handling of the item abuse,
but indeed it would be interesting to know about the "Official TP chip" as well... Was it looted as has been suggested, was it as intended or as of a bug, or other reasons?
Should it be renamed to not be confusing? Should it be nerfed to resemble regular items somewhat? Or should others like it be dropped if it was due to an error?

So, it's clear that Danny O's Biotropic skills/attributes will be reset, and that he'll be banned for 5 months. However, will there be no additional information regarding the other player that was found to be abusing these type of items??

We deserve to know exactly what items these players had and to what extent they were abused. I am not happy until this is clarified.

why 2 players?

because the community only knows about 2 players ... very simple ...

why should MA reveal more if the community no longer knows.

Or do you really think that there were only 2 players? As long as it is no longer public, there are unfortunately only the 2 ...

Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk

I have a good laugh, investigation postponed from the forum simply.
I believe that it is the lightest ban that I have seen to date for a fact as serious, but good as sayed MA so often. everyone equal :laugh:

You talk too much, but say too little... Always bad mouthing others with unfounded rumours and other bad stuff, if there's people that MA should investigate is people like you who call names to people and accuse them of stuff without any evidence, just trying to trash them publicly.

You are clueless.

Now, back on topic: I wonder what will happen to all other racketeers and shady scammers in this game? Will they too be taken more seriously and punished accordingly?

Personally don't even want to know names, just want them gone from the game they ruin everyday and nobody seems to care.

why 2 players?

because the community only knows about 2 players ... very simple ...

why should MA reveal more if the community no longer knows.

Or do you really think that there were only 2 players? As long as it is no longer public, there are unfortunately only the 2 ...

Exactly.

Last edited:
I shall keep my views on this to myself.

The bar has now been set.

Let's see the forum bile merchants get behind some of the other things going on in game today and see what punishments arise...

:popcorn:

Back