PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The afk hunting and bots do need to stop, its pretty ridiculous at this point. Don't need to name the avatars that have been filmed doing it, but the one in particular thats funny is the guy afk hunting and cycling to a resto chip, fap, and then targeting anything nearby, in this case he happened to target an avatar.... Thats not F spam or a macro, thats third party software. Its on Mindark to do something about it.

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Granny Rowan Render
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    I have in the past contacted live support (in that case was a botter on Ark) they appeared in moments watched the bot take the exact predicted path from revive to mob or mob to next mob, moments later the bot disappeared and has never been seen again. So yes with proof they will act. But they need proof.

As for whether it affects other players..ofc it does, botters not only skill, they also sell sweat, the excessive amounts they market is part of what has depressed the sale price. So for all genuine sweaters there is a negative effect. Their game play is damaged because they have to work longer to get their ped. Since many new players rely on sweat to help them get started this contributes to poor player retention

Yes sweat is free, but it contributes to the economy so any botting affects us all

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    yes, botting is a problem, but as mentioned in other threads over many years, it's only one aspect of how things are done that causes rce type issues mentioned here... You also have avatars shared like a mule by a societies, a sort of society closet so to speak... then you have Planet Partners and moons dropping thousands of peds in to avatars that are 'playing' just like you and I that can drastically affect markup with their 'secret' or not so secret avatars, little field trips that cause players to not want to use any other space travel services, etc. If Mindark wants to do some massive clean up bots are only part of the problem, and honestly are only a tiny, itty bitty part of the problem in the bigger picture.

aslong as the big al mighty company makes profit, they dont care about ruining the game economy. End of discussion.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sean Rocket Connors
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    LMFAO if you think that's bad you should check out the desert and redu farming bots on ark mining unamped in straight lines

it's quite insane.

support cases go unaswered, DMs to live-support ingame do nothing. ND is basically MIA so there's no enforcement on RT at all (imo just delete the fucking planet already ffs.)

Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ford Zippo LincolnMercury
    Society
    cB | Crimson Blades
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket192 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LMFAO if you think that's bad you should check out the desert and redu farming bots on ark mining unamped in straight lines

it's quite insane.

support cases go unaswered, DMs to live-support ingame do nothing. ND is basically MIA so there's no enforcement on RT at all (imo just delete the fucking planet already ffs.)
    Makes you wonder where certain players that list on this forum get so much redulite and bismuth.. of course they are alts though np there..
    "If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65574 - PVP GLOBALS

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Einar Lee Yap
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroobanzai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, let me clarify this explicitly: I do not condone botting, cheating or otherwise exploting game mechanics in order to gain unfair advantage over other players. I have been in this game long enough to remember the old issues and how much damage these inflicted to the game.

What I mean is that when we complain about MA not taking action against presumed botters, on the basis of what they wrote in the Terms, we should first make sure that we understand the Terms in the same way as MA do. If they use the word "interfere" (of which I am not sure btw), this is probably not by chance but because they attach a specific meaning to it.

Take care,
    BBB
    I'm going with this, then i will go over there behind that heavy table. :p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2