PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Old danka soul's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    IRL:Australia..EU...The U Apartment 1B Tangerine RT
    Avatar
    Danka Soul Needu
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Posts
    55

    Cool Its time someone does something with auto bots hunting

    i have watched this goin on for sometime Monria..RT of late similar avatars involved..one in particular caused me to get that angry which is unusual for me after the yrs in this game..Monria DME dealt with it efficently by watching and demanding it stopped which did happen...headed back to RT and guess what he moved to RT rofl lmao..so maybe Devteam could look at this its not good for the game..just a minor whinge..ty
    I always Watch the TkOC's back

  2. #2
    Stalker
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Thorns Rose's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    USA
    Avatar
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    2,592
    Images
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by danka soul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i have watched this goin on for sometime Monria..RT of late similar avatars involved..one in particular caused me to get that angry which is unusual for me after the yrs in this game..Monria DME dealt with it efficently by watching and demanding it stopped which did happen...headed back to RT and guess what he moved to RT rofl lmao..so maybe Devteam could look at this its not good for the game..just a minor whinge..ty
    Out of curiosity, how did she deal with it as to maybe get some pointers?



    Last edited by Thorns Rose; 05-13-2020 at 19:51.

  3. #3
    Old SoberPhil's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2019
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Long ago and far away
    Avatar
    Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
    Posts
    76
    Let's just be clear here. Botters are able to cycle their PED with 95% TT returns while they're asleep (literally), using 3rd party software that interferes directly with the game (which is prohibited), and what is being done about it? Next to nothing.

    When an average player like me wants to cycle his PED with 95% returns, this means killing 10s of thousands of small mobs non-stop, I have to do this manually, I simply lack the time and/or patience to do it most times, while the parasite presses a button and goes on about his business. And this is a RCE game we're talking about.

    Many hunters play with 90% (or less) returns and have to constantly deposit to keep going, while botters only need an initial deposit and after that they are golden because they can hunt 24/7, getting 95% TT returns + MU in one single profession. Those who have been playing for a while will know what this means, it means that essentially botters are making profi, they are in the green because they are able to use tools that are supposedly not allowed. And I think this will work for mobs of any size depending on the amount of PED cycled.

    How long will this be tolerated?

  4. #4
    Stalker
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    buckaroobanzai's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Spain/Italy
    Avatar
    Buckaroo Buck Banzai
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    1,961
    Images
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by SoberPhil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... using 3rd party software that interferes directly with the game (which is prohibited) ...
    To interfere = "prevent (a process or activity) from continuing or being carried out properly"

    which is different from:

    To interact = "act in such a way as to have an effect on each other"

    Bots interact with the game, they do not interfere.
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_buck.jpg

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  5. #5
    Stalker
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Thorns Rose's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    USA
    Avatar
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    2,592
    Images
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroobanzai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To interfere = "prevent (a process or activity) from continuing or being carried out properly"

    which is different from:

    To interact = "act in such a way as to have an effect on each other"

    Bots interact with the game, they do not interfere.

    I disagree ....completely
    Last edited by Thorns Rose; 05-13-2020 at 19:51.

  6. #6
    Dominant
    Joined
    May 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    england
    Avatar
    Laura woody wood
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    481
    Images
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroobanzai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To interfere = "prevent (a process or activity) from continuing or being carried out properly"

    which is different from:

    To interact = "act in such a way as to have an effect on each other"

    Bots interact with the game, they do not interfere.
    Regardless if they do or not it effects mu for the none botters causes hoarding items so none drop for the non botters.

  7. #7
    Stalker
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    buckaroobanzai's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Spain/Italy
    Avatar
    Buckaroo Buck Banzai
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    1,961
    Images
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorns Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree on every level.
    Semantics are cool to dissect but a garbage can painted red, is still a garbage can.
    We keep complaining that MA do not act in the way they declared they would, but are we understanding correctly what they declared?
    Last edited by buckaroobanzai; 05-13-2020 at 08:30.
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_buck.jpg

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  8. #8
    Old SoberPhil's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2019
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Long ago and far away
    Avatar
    Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroobanzai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To interfere = "prevent (a process or activity) from continuing or being carried out properly"

    which is different from:

    To interact = "act in such a way as to have an effect on each other"

    Bots interact with the game, they do not interfere.
    Same crap, different pile.

  9. #9
    Stalker
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Thorns Rose's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    USA
    Avatar
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    2,592
    Images
    13
    I disagree...
    Last edited by Thorns Rose; 05-13-2020 at 19:50.

  10. #10
    Stalker
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    buckaroobanzai's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Spain/Italy
    Avatar
    Buckaroo Buck Banzai
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    1,961
    Images
    25
    Ok, let me clarify this explicitly: I do not condone botting, cheating or otherwise exploting game mechanics in order to gain unfair advantage over other players. I have been in this game long enough to remember the old issues and how much damage these inflicted to the game.

    What I mean is that when we complain about MA not taking action against presumed botters, on the basis of what they wrote in the Terms, we should first make sure that we understand the Terms in the same way as MA do. If they use the word "interfere" (of which I am not sure btw), this is probably not by chance but because they attach a specific meaning to it.

    Take care,
    BBB
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_buck.jpg

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook