Loot X.0 - or how to generate lasting mu in an economy

Status
1) since when is QR 85+ a low QR BP? I could understand 75% TT-return on a QR 1 BP with maxed out skill, but not on maxed out skill + QR 85+... Also, even the QR 100 BPs don't give the return you would expect from a QR 100 BP. Return-wise, there's little to no difference between QR 100 & QR 85...
my QR 100 roadie BP spits out 78-80% TT-return regularly as well...
2) but that should happen if you want the economy to grow and there be less TT-food for hunters.
3) it was an example for the bad TT-returns happening.
4) and that's what kills parts of the economy and creates a lot of TT-food.

1) That Nallo Ceiling BP was not QR85, you can tell by how far the green line is across at the bottom. It would have been between QR1 and QR 30 for your 564 clicks. You have not provided any others and there is a big difference between QR85 and QR100, showing your lack of knowledge even further.
2) That is not how an economy grows
3) All of your "examples" are the same or similar.
4) Something being in demand is purely player driven, if the item has no use for players, then its not going to be brought. Someone deciding this has great MU even though it has low sales and thinking you can capitalize on it and then ending up with bad results is their own fault....don't be that person.

[Removed responses to rule violation posts]

Last edited by a moderator:
You're totally wrong. Besides taking a look at the green line, you should take a closer look at the quantity-condition slider.

rbzwtnpz.png

let me guess, this QR 90.5 BP is in reality only a QR 1-30 BP because of the green bar?

Yes you got me, i didn't take into account your crafting level as well, which means its not that high. Here is my QR33 BP of that same one, i am only level 18 in carpenter as i don't usually craft these sorts of things. As you can see my green bar is slightly higher than yours on a lower QR, once you max the QR then your crafting level doesn't really matter anymore (well there are some exceptions but thats for another day).

So, when more stuff and different stuff is crafted, then the economy doesn't grow? wondering in which world that does make sense.
Your confusing the points, let me put in order for you:

Me: 2) Using a low number of clicks and expecting 90% returns (this is not even expected in any profession)
You: 2) but that should happen if you want the economy to grow and there be less TT-food for hunters.
Me: 2) That is not how an economy grows

Again, low number of clicks with 90% return != economy growth.
Economy is not reliant on TT return....it is reliant on the product and usefulness. If the product is not useful, then it will not sell. If it doesn't sell, then most people will not craft that BP. There are some obvious exceptions of those that just want to collect and max out a BP for no real reason like you are doing with the Nallo Ceiling BP. But those people will not stimulate the economy enough. In crafting, it is also reliant on material sourcing (not returns on materials from crafting, but the fact that they can be found, and in quantity within the game).

[Removed responses to rule violation posts]

Alright, since my earlier warning was blatantly ignored, I have given a couple of users in this thread a couple of days off to cool down before coming back.

To make things perfectly clear:

1) Personal disputes are not allowed on the forum.
2) Claiming that others are trolls solely because they disagree with you counts as insults/flaming.
3) Please stay on topic when posting in a thread, or create a new thread if needed.
4) If you have had posts removed for violating forum rules, do not come back and violate the exact same rules again mere hours later.

[Removed needlessly inflammatory part]

I like your ideas JBK but yes, I feel your post is a bit rushed and I wish you had taken the time to give at least one example of how this could be accomplished. I was seriously thinking of making an example but I think now instead I might just create a new thread since this one has been hijacked [removed]...

:popcorn:

I haven't seen this many deletions and bannings since Serica 'disappeared'

Oh Sh.. ;)

Oh Sh.. ;)

Damn, I missed PCF drama.

"Everyone profits, ergo no one profits". The RCE profit paradox.

Oh Sh.. ;)
Damn, I missed PCF drama.

"Everyone profits, ergo no one profits". The RCE profit paradox.

It would seem people wanted the Forum Police, and now they have it! :yay:

Long live order and justice!

As this thread has been completely derailed and devolved into a mudslinging match, it will be closed.

I encourage everyone who had posts edited or deleted in this thread to take a few moments to review the forum rules before making any new threads or posts, paying particular attention to these rules:

Forum Rules said:
2.2 - Insults/Flaming
Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts are not permitted. Posts of this nature will be edited or deleted by the Community Staff without notice and the offending member may be temporarily or permanently banned without notice. It is important to keep in mind that PlanetCalypsoForum is a global community and what might be acceptable behavior or language in one country may not be acceptable in others. Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members and forum staff, along with constructive posting of opinions is essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked.

2.3 - Personal Disputes
Personal issues between individuals or societies should NOT be debated in the public forum areas and are not permitted. Such threads will be removed without notice, since they often promote an escalation of rudeness, insults, and flaming. If you feel that another member has attacked you unfairly, send a private message to a forum moderator or administrator. If you feel that an Entropia Universe participant has wronged, defrauded or harassed you, file a support case at PlanetCalypso.com.

2.4 - Threats/Intimidation
Real life threats of bodily harm, injury or assault (either explicit or implied) or any form of intimidation are STRICTLY PROHIBITED on any part of the PlanetCalypsoForum website and will be deleted and result in a permanent ban from the forum, all without notice.

2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism
Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content will be deleted without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the PlanetCalypsoForum Rules Discussion thread.

Additional violations from those members will result in temporary bans from the forum.

:locked:

Status
Back