Add crypto miner (optional)

Walter White

Mature
Walter He1senberg White
It would be nice if players can choose if they would like to mine cryptocurrency while playing and get paid in PED...

70% for the player and 30% for MA would be nice split i think
Would be very nice to get some extra PED ...

I guess people who sweating lose more money in Power cost than actually get in sweat

What do you think about it? And would you turn on the miner?

A decade old potato used by an average sweater would generate ten times less by mining than the $0.05 they can do now per hour.

Absolutely not. The idea that something like that may be possible will scare people away from the game.

nvm just was an idea... i have 8 GPUs (7x Radeon RX 580 and 1x R9 280) mining 24/7 ethereum...
i get about 3$ per day i know its not much but if ETH goes up where is was like 1k $ its about 25-30$ per day (best part that i get the power for free (modded GPU BIOS with lower power and lower temps for sure))

maybe my idea was really bad couz its only about 0,12$ per hour with a good GPU like Radeon RX 580 or GTX 1070

it's not really worth it anymore since they made ethash asics, in case you don't know

power cost per day: $0.43

revenue per day: $0.13

(used your rx580 at 30MH to calculate)

have fun heating the area for 1.3 ped a day or 4 us$ per month :silly2:

you do know that 1kWh in Germany usually costs 30+ Eurocent?

your project only pays off, if you are still living in mommy's basement and she pays your enormous electricity bill.
and thank you for your share of global warming...

thank you for your share of global warming...

that argument is bogus, because then we should also shut down gold mining industry, the useless parts of the banking sector, and probably should stay in quarantine until eternity, as it turns out to be quite good for our environment.

btw, up to date, over 1/3rd of bitcoin hashrate comes already out of renewable energy. if OP's energy comes out of hydro power, where's the global warming then, hmm? :laugh:

Going to also say no, MA needs to focus on EU and the RCE than crypto stuff.

If people want to earn extra peds MA should return the in game advert screens as they did before and give people the option of having them turned on for a little extra % loot.

Problem with cypto is that it is a waste of electricity imo, if anything dedicate your resources to folding@home so at least it is doing something useful.

(just my 2 pecs)

you do know that 1kWh in Germany usually costs 30+ Eurocent?

your project only pays off, if you are still living in mommy's basement and she pays your enormous electricity bill.
and thank you for your share of global warming...

I love to contribute to a hoax.

In some countries, having a heating source like this that offsets by making money is a Godsend. In unfortunately no longer makes money due to difficulty. Cut the shit.

Back