Introducing Skrill

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

[h=3]Introducing Skrill[/h]
MindArk is pleased to introduce Skrill Wallet as a new deposit method for Entropia Universe. Skrill Wallet is now available both as a regular deposit method and in the Entropia Universe Webshop at https://account.entropiauniverse.com.

By using Skrill Wallet, participants in Entropia Universe can add funds to their avatar accounts. The unique real-cash economy of Entropia Universe allows participants to fund their avatars’ activities for entertainment or to build their own businesses inside the unique MMO game experience of Entropia Universe. The Entropia Universe currency PED is tied to the value of the real-world USD at a rate of 10 PED to 1 USD.

Skrill Wallet is available for transfers over 10 USD or the equivalent in other currencies. A currency exchange fee of 9% will be included in deposits from Skrill Wallet to PED. No exchange fee is added when using Skrill Wallet in the Entropia Universe Webshop.

Originally Posted Here

Nice to see a little more variety of the payment methods :cool:

Last edited:
9% exchange fee jeez

Bank Transfer for 0% Fee

Just did my 1st bank transfer yesterday due to concern of waiting up to 4 days, but it went to my ped card in less than 24 hours with 0 fees. Highly recommend.

and i thought my prepaid creditcard has shitty fees :laugh:

9% is common exchange rate fee... but that is why they are high.... exchanging currencies.

Just did my 1st bank transfer yesterday due to concern of waiting up to 4 days, but it went to my ped card in less than 24 hours with 0 fees. Highly recommend.

Good to see options like Skrill. But I always wanted to try the Bank Transfer. Did your bank have any issues with it being an international transfer? I am in the USA as well.

:beerchug:

In Europe if I deposit in the morning I get the money around noon (could be that an instant transfer is also possible, but that woudl surely cost).
Bank transfer has the benefit for me of not having to pay any additional cost and at the official conversion rate, not hidden fees :D

9% is common exchange rate fee... but that is why they are high.... exchanging currencies.

So why use Skrill then? Only if you don't have bank account, Visa, or MC?

So why use Skrill then? Only if you don't have bank account, Visa, or MC?

One good reason is you can instantly exchange crypto to FIAT in Skrill and then make a webshop purchase. I'm willing to bet this will become a popular deposit method for any crypto holders out there. :wtg::cool:

One good reason is you can instantly exchange crypto to FIAT in Skrill and then make a webshop purchase. I'm willing to bet this will become a popular deposit method for any crypto holders out there. :wtg::cool:

Ahhhh, I see - still hard to get around the 9%

Skrill Wallet is available for transfers over 10 USD or the equivalent in other currencies. A currency exchange fee of 9% will be included in deposits from Skrill Wallet to PED. No exchange fee is added when using Skrill Wallet in the Entropia Universe Webshop.

So, do I understand correctly that if I go from Euro to ped, I will pay 9%(!!!) in exchange fees?

How's that something to celebrate about? :scratch2:

Or perhaps I misunderstood?
I hope so.

So, do I understand correctly that if I go from Euro to ped, I will pay 9%(!!!) in exchange fees?

How's that something to celebrate about? :scratch2:

Or perhaps I misunderstood?
I hope so.

Looks to me that if you want to transfer directly to PED, you pay the fee, but if you buy boxes, you dont.
Could be wrong but thats how i interpret it.

The case where a high fee applies is a case one would usually try to avoid. If you have a Skrill account with money from whatever source, you'd best use it to make webshop purchases as per the above. If you absolutely need to deposit in-game (e.g. for repairs you can't fund another way) then use your card directly. The exchange rate there is also different from the webshop, but nowhere near as much as 9%. I don't know what differences may be between countries, but I tried it once with a $10 purchase each in webshop and in-game within the same minute and checked what appeared on the account later (in EUR), and it was quite tolerable.

Edit: Oh, and I've been using Skrill since times when it still was named Moneybookers. Has a solid reputation. Thanks for introducing it as a choice.

Looks to me that if you want to transfer directly to PED, you pay the fee, but if you buy boxes, you dont.
Could be wrong but thats how i interpret it.

ah ok. In that case it's not that bad.

Good to see options like Skrill. But I always wanted to try the Bank Transfer. Did your bank have any issues with it being an international transfer? I am in the USA as well.

:beerchug:

I am with Chase and I did it all online with the info provided on the MA site they provide when you start the bank deposit. Took maybe 15 minutes to setup for the first time, but looks like should be pretty fast for repeat transfers.

You can purchase a Universal Ammo Pack in the webshop and get a 100% conversion rate from dollars to PED in ammo alone, as well as HDNA and autoloot pills on top. That doesn't seem hard to me.

Strongbox keys are also an option outside of Sweden.

Nice!! I very much welcome a new way! I'll check it out as an option.

9% is huge, very sad to see MA still trying to push the webshop :(

Strongboxes are completely useless to crafters

Last edited:
9% is huge, very sad to see MA still trying to push the webshop :(

There is PED also in webshop.

10 usd for 95p
30 usd for 285p
60 usd for 570p

That is 5%, guess you can use that instead of the 9% of direct ped deposit.

Nice, MA, now work on speeding up withdrawls.

You know, their excusefor taking 2 or month because the chance of money put into the game through credit card fraud. However, there has to be a way to flag a player as clean or something like this.

In Europe if I deposit in the morning I get the money around noon (could be that an instant transfer is also possible, but that woudl surely cost).
Bank transfer has the benefit for me of not having to pay any additional cost and at the official conversion rate, not hidden fees :D

In the Netherlands when I go to the bank to make a deposit. It's in my account instantaneous. Bank transfers between banks in my country are also instantaneous (was 1 or 2 days before this year) and free.

...and still NOTHING about being able to bank transfer to a shop section of my account (or whatever solution), nor a way to get at shop items with peds without withdrawing and then squeezing it back into the shop using a method I don't want to use.
For those already using skrill, I guess it's a plus to have this option now, but for how many players do you think that is, MA?

Nice, MA, now work on speeding up withdrawls.

You know, their excusefor taking 2 or month because the chance of money put into the game through credit card fraud. However, there has to be a way to flag a player as clean or something like this.

I dont think they need to speed up withdrawals, sometimes it can take a month or two for people doing wrong things to get noticed and locked :locked:

How do I enable the skrill wallet? And those complaining about the 9% thats a hell of a lot less than having it sent to your bank account and needing to report it for taxes...... Well it would be if it was a regular wallet.... I am a pure crypto enthusiast my entire paycheck goes into crypto and I use a dozen different wallets for all the coins/tokens I am involved in. I WILL NOT USE SKRILL. There is absolutely no reason just a wallet needs my personal information. If it had a type of exchange on its platform then they would need that. By federal law I do not have to report my crypto income which the 9% is worth it. I will not pay 9% to a wallet thats also going to report it as income.

Last edited:
Back