Suggestion: change random skill buff bonus in to pills...

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Change the random skill buff bonus that just shows up every hour or two in to pills... and allow us to pick which buff it will provide. Sick of getting pet & taming buffs when out running when the buff just happens to show up because I happen to have a pet spawned since I'm working on leveling them. Most pets you don't want to trick with if focus is below 90%... Luckily I do have quite a zoo of pets so I can get some use out of the buff, but really I'd prefer the bonus go towards weapons or alternatively towards a pill so I can use it later.... that buff typically just seems to show up to make you want to stay logged in a few more minutes when you were getting ready to log off, so I see why it's there, but it's annoying to get buff for something that's not primarily what you are doing at that point...

What's interesting about these buffs, is that they're not always random. I noticed that I'd often get such a buff almost at the end of a mining/hunting run, but only if I got ok to good returns on that run. I asked other people and they've been getting them like that as well.

It's a little creepy tbh, it's like the game telling you: "oh, you got good loot during this run, why don't you click a little bit more, I'll help you WASTE IT". This also means that the loot algorithm is more complex than some may think.

Yes, noticed it too, the skill boost at the end of a hunting run is happening too often to be random, happend it a lot of times, also at yesterday when was about to finish the hunting.

but only if I got ok to good returns on that run.

Bad return during whole run, ammo left for few mobs only, skillboost, very good return for the last few that made the whole run acceptable.
So it was the exact opposite for me yesterday.

Never measured it but I always thought it happened about an hour and 5-15 minutes in or so if it happened, or if it didn't it'd hit the next hour... I always thought it was somehow rigged up with the global wave system a little... as it usually seemed to happen x minutes before or after you see globals spamming chat... but not sure if that's it or some other factor.

What's interesting about these buffs, is that they're not always random. I noticed that I'd often get such a buff almost at the end of a mining/hunting run, but only if I got ok to good returns on that run. I asked other people and they've been getting them like that as well.

It's a little creepy tbh, it's like the game telling you: "oh, you got good loot during this run, why don't you click a little bit more, I'll help you WASTE IT". This also means that the loot algorithm is more complex than some may think.

I heard that you get better loot if you're facing northwest. And if you gain Perception that means there's an above average loot somewhere on the radar, so if you gain Perception then you have to kill every mob on the radar to find it. Doesn't mean it'll be great loot, could be just a tiny bit above average, or it could be an ATH. So if you gain a skill boost and perception, make sure you face northwest while you kill every mob on the radar.

I heard that you get better loot if you're facing northwest. And if you gain Perception that means there's an above average loot somewhere on the radar, so if you gain Perception then you have to kill every mob on the radar to find it. Doesn't mean it'll be great loot, could be just a tiny bit above average, or it could be an ATH. So if you gain a skill boost and perception, make sure you face northwest while you kill every mob on the radar.

My computer faces east , should I move it ?

My computer faces east , should I move it ?

I'm sorry for not clarifying, it's your avatar, not your computer. That being said I heard a Swedish VPN gives you better loot. Maybe try facing your computer towards Sweden?

Now people are going to do this... :laugh:

Back