looking for non dead soc

Xavier Target

Old Alpha
Under the I-96 overpass getting free wifi from Pan
Xavier Target Technosplurg
after a 6 year absence, I have joined one soc so far, but no one ever talked in chat and were rarely anyone online, hence I am freelancing again... Wouldn't mind going on a soc hunt or two with my old trusty opalo or one of these new fangled noob weapons. Back in the day there was a player that jumped from soc to soc week to week and reported on this thread of his experiences in the soc, something I wonder if would be of interest now as I think I would find it entertaining. I'll consider offer/proposals from any soc, but if it turns out to be a dead soc I will drop out out of boredom and return to freelancing...

I have 77k in skills at the moment, but clearly with the codex it seems easier to accumulate skills than in the past. I dable in mining and crafting, but mainly hunt. When running low on peds I hunt smaller mobs to keep busy or burn up my storage items on crafting, but when the ped card is full I have been hunting with an Limited arMatrix LR-30 which I don't remember being around back in the day and I put on omegaton A103 amp.

Hey and welcome back to the game !

What is your time zone ?

What language do you speak ?

What do you expect from a soc ?

Planning to leave a soc a week after joining it might not grant you entrance in many, tho.

Planning to leave a soc a week after joining it might not grant you entrance in many, tho.

Can't blame him here, it was OldTimers and we've had group activities only sporadically for quite some time now. Here is why. If he wants to do more then that is great, and there shouldn't be any disadvantage from trying us out.

All the best to you Xavier, good luck and may you find what you're looking for. Hope to meet again!

Hey and welcome back to the game !

What is your time zone ?

What language do you speak ?

What do you expect from a soc ?

I am in est (new York) time. The western side of the time zone, so not near NY, in the US but close to Canada.

English.

I don't expect much, just if I log on several times a week, at least sometimes there are other people in the soc logged in and some level of chat going on and at some point team hunts are happening. Oldtimers sounded like a good group for me, but after a good greeting, not one word was posted online in soc chat while I was online and only rarely did I see someone else logged in, so although I'm sure I would like the people in the soc, either there just aren't many active players in it, or they are mostly in another time zone.

The week per soc idea, just comes from a thread one here I was fond of back in the day where someone was doing that, sounded like a good time for him and the soc's he was in as they all put on various antics to make his reporting interesting. But perhaps that was just a time when people were more social in this game and it wouldn't work today. I am open to all offers. Picking a soc out of the terminal at random is pointless, because there seems to be so many dead ones, hence this thread. I was only ever in one soc back in the day and it was pretty active, but ended up a big disaster when there was a group asset purchased then the soc leader with the deed vanished or was banned, forget which, then MA helped us eventually get our peds back (took a long time, because we all had to provide proof of what we invested...maybe a year), hence I have zero interest in investing in any soc assets due to my bad experience. Just think a good soc adds to the experience of this game....talking in rookie chat, although entertaining at times, just isn't the same.....

:lam:

The Knights of Entropia is always a sure bet for an active, helpful society. We can help you get back on your feet.

You're always welcome at the Ministry.
Always some people around and you get out what you get in on the social part.

Why not try KAOS ? Good fun .. people from all timezones .. no presure to achieve .. Check it out and talk to Mega if you want to join ..

Masters of Chaos

Masters of Chaos is also an option. I joined a few months ago. It's got players active around your time zone, and is a fun and friendly group with everything from noobs to an uber, depositors and non-depositors. All professions are represented. Mid-level crafters, Mid-level miners, Low-Mid level hunters. A Mid-level beautician, Healers with uber gear too.

We have a couple Twitch streamers, and occasionally do beacon missions together. Players are mostly U.S. but also have a smattering of players from all over the globe.

In game look up LCOX, Krown, Geno, or Fade Lore.

Come join Shaolin
If you can, we are always on.

I joined DIRTY DINGOS today. Super friendly like no rules no stat requirements and super active.

Right after I joined we did an awesome feffox hunt it was a lot of fun.

Many active players, good coordination ..

Maybe not BEST REVIEW as I've only been with them a day now.

Just my FIRST IMPRESSION

Back