Proposed new attachment for “tanking”

jak

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
je jak bam
Hi,

Alright, most all games have different roles players can play, DPS, heals, Tanks, Support, etc. In Entropia there currently really is just 2 roles in hunting, DPS and Heals. In a team all the DPS also act as tanks, and the healer has to heal everyone and is very annoying. Possibly this is a contributing factor why most players don’t team hunt. There is a better way!

A very easy solution is to add a new line of crafted attachments that can be attached to any weapon. These attachments would act as a way to get mobs to attack the one using the attachment.

Examples:

“Payn-Inc Aggravator, weak (L)”
This would be the weakest attention getter, if someone else in group has a more powerful Agrivator they will be last in attention MOB will attack.

“Payn-Inc Aggravator, mild (L)”
This will be the middle Aggravator, mob will attack this one before the weak version but not before the potent.

“Payn-Inc Aggravator, potent (L)”
This is the strongest Aggravator and anyone with this attachment will always have mob’s attention.

There could be a lot more to this but this is the basic idea. There could be various versions of eco and none eco, etc.

This will add a nice item to the Entropia Universe that won’t do anything but help the community.

Last edited:
Would be an awesome item for soc hunt's where we hunt big mobs, that one hit most of the newbie / small player's.

The top player's of the soc had the agro and we were able to shoot, but when they lost it, we were in trouble.
We had a lot of fun, except 1 time when i got killed like 5 times right after returning to the group, that was fustrating and i just left the hunt.

This item would be very great and a big help for team hunt's, i would love this to be in the game.

Could be a new profession / service also.

Something new crafters can click on, something new that needs resources, and something plus that makes decay.

I think its a really great idea, i cant really figure out any disadvantages.

Reactions: jak
Good idea, but there must be a limit to one mob at the time though, otherwise I can already see
some issues with some people. ;)

Maybe make it a craftable enhancer rather than an attachment

It can cause a hidden multiplier to the damage that weapon does during agro calculations

Good idea though

This is a good idea, something like that would be useful in team hunts with lower level players involved. Could also be made in the form of a refined or crafted pill.

Good idea, but there must be a limit to one mob at the time though, otherwise I can already see
some issues with some people. ;)

:D I guess some uber players can play with nubs and herd mobs, or something like that, but really it's not that big a deal if you think about it... :ahh:

Far more advantages than disadvantages IMO.

It can cause a hidden multiplier to the damage that weapon does during agro calculations

Good idea though

Enhancers could work too, problem is those tanking would get less loots since they can't fully enhance their weapons and they are tanking so that wouldn't be nice.

I think an attachment would be simple to do and craftable and really add to the game in a good way. :)

there's a tool to call mobs in the Trade Terminal. There are body suits... combine them... fill the body suit with mob food and then call it a 'bait suit'... done... of course this sort of thing is more or less already done by crazy folks that tag every mob and then train them from one LA to another... imagine many support tickets would ensue.

I like this idea

:D I guess some uber players can play with nubs and herd mobs, or something like that, but really it's not that big a deal if you think about it... :ahh:

Far more advantages than disadvantages IMO.

The problem I see is when someone shows up that want all mobs by themselfs,
system will not see difference between good player and a bad one if the bad one
have the highest aggro status. ;)
Thats why I think one mob at the time is good because a bad player can only aggro
one at the time. If they try to aggro a 2nd one 1st one should drop interest.

Good idea though

This is a good idea and more or less inline with most games as the tank is rarely a high dps as well so theyd have to take off the dmg enhancers and put on the agro enhancers.. more enhancers.. more agro!! very much like this idea!

since loot 2.0 this would be really easy, even if the guy has to use enhancers and deals less damage he still tanks all hits and gets armor damage that gets put back into his loot. the system is basically already there

I like this idea. I can see it being very useful especially when it comes to healers. There has been many cases where I would hunt something like warrior exterminators and the bastards would decide to aggro and one shot my healer when I tag them instead of hitting me. A healer shouldn't need good armor and high hp to heal someone else.

As enhancers it would be a hard no from me but an attachment seems reasonable. Personally though, I think it would be better as a line of craftable mindforce chips with a reasonable duration. Something that could be "cast" on other players (as long as they are in your team) and/or yourself. A healer could keep you topped up while you focus on firing. Mindforce could use more utility chips and I think something like this would fit the bill. It shouldn't be too expensive to use/craft otherwise no one would use them, but just enough to make the convenience worthwhile.

good idea.
So far to prevent aggro jumping to the naked shooter, the naked shooter had to hold fire every now and then, if the damage gap between armored shooter and naked shooter was too small.

However, i wouldn't make it that simple but a more complex aggro management system.
aggro enhancers ofc, as well as aggro decrease enhancers.
Maybe even add in armor sets which increase or decrease aggro gained.

This way people would still have to watch their aggro. So the old "if the tank dies it's the healers fault, if the healer dies it's the tanks fault, if DDs die it's their own fault" rule can still apply ^^

Edit: with MF chips in the game, maybe even MF chips that transfers some aggro from surrounding players to the MF chip user.

Noobs dying builds character. :wise:

I like this idea. I can see it being very useful especially when it comes to healers. There has been many cases where I would hunt something like warrior exterminators and the bastards would decide to aggro and one shot my healer when I tag them instead of hitting me. A healer shouldn't need good armor and high hp to heal someone else.

As enhancers it would be a hard no from me but an attachment seems reasonable. Personally though, I think it would be better as a line of craftable mindforce chips with a reasonable duration. Something that could be "cast" on other players (as long as they are in your team) and/or yourself. A healer could keep you topped up while you focus on firing. Mindforce could use more utility chips and I think something like this would fit the bill. It shouldn't be too expensive to use/craft otherwise no one would use them, but just enough to make the convenience worthwhile.

I think the enhancers is better for 2 reasons.. one its more realistic for a tank for choose dps or tank and two because its prolly cheaper as it shouldn't cost a redeiculous amount like a steady decaying attachment. im sure tank enhancers wouldn't be in huge demand so price be reasonable

but I guess decay is needed for them for loots n stuff so that is something to be considered.

Noobs dying builds character. :wise:

Thats true, but there is another positive thing with this, and that is it will be
less chaos and confusing about who will tag mob, all mobs will head for same
and there will be a better flow in hunt. :)

Hi,

Alright, most all games have different roles players can play, DPS, heals, Tanks, Support, etc. In Entropia there currently really is just 2 roles in hunting, DPS and Heals. In a team all the DPS also act as tanks, and the healer has to heal everyone and is very annoying. Possibly this is a contributing factor why most players don’t team hunt. There is a better way!

A very easy solution is to add a new line of crafted attachments that can be attached to any weapon. These attachments would act as a way to get mobs to attack the one using the attachment.

Examples:

“Payn-Inc Aggravator, weak (L)”
This would be the weakest attention getter, if someone else in group has a more powerful Agrivator they will be last in attention MOB will attack.

“Payn-Inc Aggravator, mild (L)”
This will be the middle Aggravator, mob will attack this one before the weak version but not before the potent.

“Payn-Inc Aggravator, potent (L)”
This is the strongest Aggravator and anyone with this attachment will always have mob’s attention.

There could be a lot more to this but this is the basic idea. There could be Verizon’s versions of eco and none eco, etc.

This will add a nice item to the Entropia Universe that won’t do anything but help the community.

so, you can hire "aggravators"?
People who will lend out their avatar, set the avatar to auto follow, take all the dmg and watch TV while some mob is aggroing their avatar.

cool.

I do see some possible abuse here though.

Perfect for a Mindforce chip. MF user can cast Aggro on a player then switch to healer chip.

Perfect for a Mindforce chip. MF user can cast Aggro on a player then switch to healer chip.

That would be absolutely AWESOME. A cast-able aggro buff... I could do really well running a tanking service :laugh:

I like the idea, but I can think of a flaw and some directions that might help. If a mob stays aggroed, couldn't one get a very high range weapon and tag it once before just running in a straight line away (people could stand between mob and tagger and shoot until it reaches the tagger) Then the tagger could remove the attachment once it reaches them and another person could put one on and tag. Repeat this process and after some minor practice most mobs could be easily caught in an endless cycle of chasing and not dealing damage. Another thing people could do with this is have someone stand near a tree or something in a teamhunt and tag before getting the mob stuck, and with a few people kill before it's unreachable, which is possible now, but since the mob can randomly switch it's fairly hard to abuse without risk. (Against rules, but people will do it anyways.) You could also have 2 people tag back and forth with the method I mentioned to keep it from going unreachable if the mob is too big to kill before unreachable. As much as I would hate to have this attachment only for melee weapons, I think that would solve this problem and make it only work as intended.

I also have an idea i think would incentivise use on this a bit more, they could work like "player deals half damage, but takes 30% less damage" and things along that line. With the current way loot distribution works it wouldn't be unfavorable for the tanking player since their input would be the same and they would get the same cut as without attachment.

I like the idea, but I can think of a flaw and some directions that might help. If a mob stays aggroed, couldn't one get a very high range weapon and tag it once before just running in a straight line away (people could stand between mob and tagger and shoot until it reaches the tagger) Then the tagger could remove the attachment once it reaches them and another person could put one on and tag. Repeat this process and after some minor practice most mobs could be easily caught in an endless cycle of chasing and not dealing damage. Another thing people could do with this is have someone stand near a tree or something in a teamhunt and tag before getting the mob stuck, and with a few people kill before it's unreachable, which is possible now, but since the mob can randomly switch it's fairly hard to abuse without risk. (Against rules, but people will do it anyways.) You could also have 2 people tag back and forth with the method I mentioned to keep it from going unreachable if the mob is too big to kill before unreachable. As much as I would hate to have this attachment only for melee weapons, I think that would solve this problem and make it only work as intended.

I also have an idea i think would incentivise use on this a bit more, they could work like "player deals half damage, but takes 30% less damage" and things along that line. With the current way loot distribution works it wouldn't be unfavorable for the tanking player since their input would be the same and they would get the same cut as without attachment.
Good input!

However, you do know people have been "ping ponging" MOBs for a long time in the current system? When Feffiod Queens come again you may even see me "ping ponging" with friends. I use decoys though to shed agro. :D

In loot 2.0 not getting hit by mobs doesn't change loots to be super profitable or anything. Peds in = peds out and all that.

I had the reverse idea years back so that miners could run through spawns without being attacked.

I would like to see the rework of decoys instead.
Yeah, that would be great too!

Decoys have changed over the years, long time ago it used to cost something like 5 peds per decoy, and when use used them they held agro almost 100% :D

Now they cost 0.5 peds to use? And the higher your skills the easier it is to agro mobs...

Back