A ShoutOut to " Star Alex Grey " for being a stand up person

Status

Divinity

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Divinity Deth Undefined
Backstory : I have been trying to sell 1k+ auds which i had received in trade. Had 78 remaining and my stack of 10 sold, so i decided to replenish it with another 10. Broke down 78 into 68 and 10. Now instead of putting 10 for 680 peds i put 68 for 680 peds. Ofcourse that went in a sec to "Star Alex Grey".

Having heard a lot of cases here , I pretty much knew that my peds was gone. I however, did sent a support case to see if MA would help in anyway. They refused on the context of " All trades are final " ( Strange that they use it as and when they want and everyone gets treated differently). Anyways, he wasnt listed on PR or anywhere else but then i saw "Victoria Mellis Kareokay" @AH. Asked him if he had Alex's link which he graciously helped me with. Thanks Victoria. I pm'd Alex and told him the mistake i had made and asked if there is anything he could do for me. I had till then no expectations of reply, leave alone a refund.

However, i not only got a reply but he offered a full refund of the AUD's with no charge etc. I did leave him a thank you gift however he did not ask for anything. He mentioned something in terms of karma which i think is a good thing for everyone here.

Since a lot has been said before about him, I feel it is my responsibility to also share the good experience I have had with him. Hope he keeps behaving this way and helps make EU a better place for all.

Cheers,

Divinity

Umm... I don't even know what to say to this...

hehe yup it's selective scamming. MA needs it to be that way. oh i think that strategy is in that religious book we are not allowed to talk about!!

gz on the save of the day divinity. hopefully alex is an up and up guy and not a selective scammer, but how will we ever know for sure?

karma is a thing. that's what i know forsure:)

hehe yup it's selective scamming.

he fucked over to many ppls around , so fak him

That's good. Now what about those opals?

If a person is not given a reason to change and appreciated for the change, there is really little chance of that person changing. Am pretty sure he must know about pcf and if someone sees that the community in general does not care if he turns over a new leaf, then where is the incentive for him to do the right thing next time.

I got saved, but what about the next person to make same mistake. Today someone sold CLD's which i assume was by mistake.

MA already said they cannot help and its between the buyer and the seller " All trades are final". So what recourse does the seller have and what incentive does the person profiting have if MA does not do anything and the community will hound you no matter what you do.

Think it through people. The mistake could be yours next.

Divinity

wondering

so ..

1. u put things on auction wrong.
2. the guy who stand top of opal pyramid bought it(cheaper than market price)
3. u ask for help to another reseller(sry, got no better word for them)
4. u make thread about this, yeah ppl are really nice.
5. I appreciate the goodness of the people also their goodwill same as you did.
6. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
7. i sincerely agreed on what Jack said earlier

Last edited by a moderator:
would it help if all deeds were converted to the new share centre (i forgot the name)? Maybe it is harder to make mistakes with this system compared to auction.

If a person makes a mistake the fault lies with the system which allowed them to make the mistake not the person (at least imo) and fixing the system should be a priority.

Saying "all trades are final" to auction house mistakes involving orders seems to me to be blaming the person rather than the system.

I never hear of people talking about accidentally loosing items in a face to face trade situation, only ever via auction order system.

would it help if all deeds were converted to the new share centre (i forgot the name)? Maybe it is harder to make mistakes with this system compared to auction.

If a person makes a mistake the fault lies with the system which allowed them to make the mistake not the person (at least imo) and fixing the system should be a priority.

Saying "all trades are final" to auction house mistakes involving orders seems to me to be blaming the person rather than the system.

I never hear of people talking about accidentally loosing items in a face to face trade situation, only ever via auction order system.

I have actually suggested to MA what i believe is a very simple solution. What they do with it is upto them.

If an item is being sold which has an order on AH , then the item should be sold to the highest order value it fulfills rather then the price i have filled in. This would take care of deeds I believe to a major point as most deeds have a lot of orders vying for them. Not a perfect world , but i do believe it will make it better then it currently is.

Converting to shares is something which I would deem unacceptable personally, as you can make similar mistakes in the share system currently existing ( where there are no orders but you can simply input a wrong number in the price/share section) and more importantly, a deed has a bigger value as it can be used as collateral among other things. The same is not possible with shares.

I have actually suggested to MA what i believe is a very simple solution. What they do with it is upto them.

If an item is being sold which has an order on AH , then the item should be sold to the higher order value it fulfills rather then the price i have filled in. This would take care of deeds I believe to a major point as most deeds have a lot of orders vying for them. Not a perfect world , but i do believe it will make it better then it currently is.

Converting to shares is something which I would deem unacceptable personally, as you can make similar mistakes in the share system currently existing ( where there are no orders but you can simply input a wrong number in the price/share section) and more importantly, a deed has a bigger value as it can be used as collateral among other things. The same is not possible with shares.

I suggested exactly that 4 years ago, including a support case that got closed with the typical copy&paste response.

Meanwhile... honest mistakes like yours keep happening, the vultures and order bots keep making their profit out of them.

I suggested exactly that 4 years ago, including a support case that got closed with the typical copy&paste response.

Meanwhile... honest mistakes like yours keep happening, the vultures and order bots keep making their profit out of them.

Just saw it buds and strange that they did not even consider it since this long. Maybe, just maybe the new management might be more attentive . Worth another shot perhaps.

Cant rep you as i need to spread it around first.

Just saw it buds and strange that they did not even consider it since this long. Maybe, just maybe the new management might be more attentive . Worth another shot perhaps.

Cant rep you as i need to spread it around first.

It's fine no need to rep, I'll give it a bump and maybe make a new support case when I find the time :)

:thumbup:

Star Alex Grey is a stand up guy. It’s that Alex Star Grey you gotta watch out for. Definitely not the same person!!!

Let me help you with that then ;).
Once apon a time, long ago, a big investor in CLDs wanted to sell them a year after having bought them. MA agreed to help and said they would sell up to 3 at a time to people at Fort Ithaca at a certain time. A long queue began to form the night before, with people staying up all night to get shares at the agreed price of 1150 peds. Come the morning and the official avatar made a mistake in the very first trade, handing over 300 CLDs I think it was for the price of just 3.
What's the holdup, people started saying, why isn't the queue now moving? News spread of what had happened. Would all trades still be considered as final? Well, some time later the queue started moving and people got their shares one by one. Apparently the two 'parties' had reached an agreement... and the shares were now available again.
Face to face can even go wrong for the almighty, it would seem.

As for preferring the new shares system, as far as I know it is still bugged and you are forced to buy at the minimum price on offer when you click, even if you enter a lower value in the price box and the window to confirm repeats that price calculation back to you. If someone buys the lowest offer in the seconds you are considering your own purchase, it appears you are 'stuffed', as they say. Maybe the only way is to remove all but your calculated amount from your pedcard first... but I don't know for sure.

Plus, you don't know who you are either buying from or selling to, and as already stated, shares cannot be used as collateral as there is no deed that can be traded.

Both systems have their merits and failings - a reworked AH would have the advantage of being reworked for all trades, however, not just deeds. Please look into it, MA!

Once apon a time, long ago, a big investor in CLDs wanted to sell them a year after having bought them. MA agreed to help and said they would sell up to 3 at a time to people at Fort Ithaca at a certain time. A long queue began to form the night before, with people staying up all night to get shares at the agreed price of 1150 peds. Come the morning and the official avatar made a mistake in the very first trade, handing over 300 CLDs I think it was for the price of just 3.
What's the holdup, people started saying, why isn't the queue now moving? News spread of what had happened. Would all trades still be considered as final? Well, some time later the queue started moving and people got their shares one by one. Apparently the two 'parties' had reached an agreement... and the shares were now available again.
Face to face can even go wrong for the almighty, it would seem.

As for preferring the new shares system, as far as I know it is still bugged and you are forced to buy at the minimum price on offer when you click, even if you enter a lower value in the price box and the window to confirm repeats that price calculation back to you. If someone buys the lowest offer in the seconds you are considering your own purchase, it appears you are 'stuffed', as they say. Maybe the only way is to remove all but your calculated amount from your pedcard first... but I don't know for sure.

Plus, you don't know who you are either buying from or selling to, and as already stated, shares cannot be used as collateral as there is no deed that can be traded.

Both systems have their merits and failings - a reworked AH would have the advantage of being reworked for all trades, however, not just deeds. Please look into it, MA!

Exactly. Hence why trades are NOT final. Or it's when they want?

Star Alex Grey is a stand up guy. It’s that Alex Star Grey you gotta watch out for. Definitely not the same person!!!

I had no clue that there were two similar named avatars. Is that dark humor or is that for real? :scratch2:

If you looking for someone ingame and you dont have his nickname link here a way to find it :)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?314089-How-to-find-someone-link

That was the first thing i tried and no it does not work as it is limited in number it shows and for alex etc options the person in question did not show up for me with the same method. :)

Once apon a time, long ago, a big investor in CLDs wanted to sell them a year after having bought them.

True story for most part, just that I do not think it was the investor wanting to sell CLD's but MA requesting the investor in concern to sell the CLD's at a discount to the ongoing price of those CLD's. The difference being that the investor was doing a favor to begin with while selling the discounted CLD's and which is why there was a long ass queue, pretty sure someone must have taken pics :)

Exactly. Hence why trades are NOT final. Or it's when they want?

The response was kind of strange from support. On one hand they offered to get me in touch with the seller and on the other hand they closed my support request saying that "All trades are final" without allowing me to get any information further through. :scratch2:

I have so many cases as proofs that "All trades are final" is not what has been happening and perhaps escalation to a higher level would have got the desired effect.

However like everything else there are two sides to a coin. Thinking from MA's side there is also the question where everyone will start lending items to each other and then claim reversal of trade for lending disputes, or reversal of trades via AH if there is a big enough variation in pricing.

My suggestion as documented earlier would be to improve the system recursively. No solution will make the system perfect, however the idea is to make it as robust as possible.

Bottomline : The environment currently is over stressed with people living in closed boxes for way longer then they are used to. That leads to a lot more gaming time as well. All this can and will lead to more mistakes being made. As a platform manager MA can choose to ignore the reality of it or gain goodwill by helping those who have made honest mistakes. I believe that this will help the platform overall with growth in player trust in the system and the fact that they feel safe keeping there $'s here. At the end of the day, all of us can only make suggestions and it is up to MA to decide how they deal with the issues faced by there client base and whether we are worth the extra effort or not.

Divinity

Its working! You are doing it wrong looks like

EDIT
Not working for me too . WTF i am sure this worked i help couple guys find Alex link . Will check this in a bit thanl you

EDIT 2 When you type Star Grey its working

Last edited:
I had no clue that there were two similar named avatars. Is that dark humor or is that for real? :scratch2:

That was the first thing i tried and no it does not work as it is limited in number it shows and for alex etc options the person in question did not show up for me with the same method. :)

True story for most part, just that I do not think it was the investor wanting to sell CLD's but MA requesting the investor in concern to sell the CLD's at a discount to the ongoing price of those CLD's. The difference being that the investor was doing a favor to begin with while selling the discounted CLD's and which is why there was a long ass queue, pretty sure someone must have taken pics :)

The response was kind of strange from support. On one hand they offered to get me in touch with the seller and on the other hand they closed my support request saying that "All trades are final" without allowing me to get any information further through. :scratch2:

I have so many cases as proofs that "All trades are final" is not what has been happening and perhaps escalation to a higher level would have got the desired effect.

However like everything else there are two sides to a coin. Thinking from MA's side there is also the question where everyone will start lending items to each other and then claim reversal of trade for lending disputes, or reversal of trades via AH if there is a big enough variation in pricing.

My suggestion as documented earlier would be to improve the system recursively. No solution will make the system perfect, however the idea is to make it as robust as possible.

Bottomline : The environment currently is over stressed with people living in closed boxes for way longer then they are used to. That leads to a lot more gaming time as well. All this can and will lead to more mistakes being made. As a platform manager MA can choose to ignore the reality of it or gain goodwill by helping those who have made honest mistakes. I believe that this will help the platform overall with growth in player trust in the system and the fact that they feel safe keeping there $'s here. At the end of the day, all of us can only make suggestions and it is up to MA to decide how they deal with the issues faced by there client base and whether we are worth the extra effort or not.

Divinity

Please send this to MA . You are so right here . I almost left the game on my first week after sold 10 aud for price of one to xpronto. Worst time i had in gaming

Please send this to MA . You are so right here . I almost left the game on my first week after sold 10 aud for price of one to xpronto. Worst time i had in gaming

This happens a lot more often than people think, I lost a disciple and a good friend to a simple mistake like that (left the game, never to be seen again). He didn't bother complaining on forums either, was instantly done with anything EU related.

I hope MA does something.

Last edited:

There is a Star Alex Gray listed on EntropiaLife who looks to be a relatively active crafter.

Alex Star Grey is the name that has been mentioned before in relation to auction orders.

So there do appear to be two similarly named avatars. More than that, I don't know.

BTW: If someone isn't in the user registration then simply enter their name into the mail system and their name comes up.

This happens a lot more often than people think, I lost a disciple and a good friend to a simple mistake like that (left the game, never to be seen again). He didn't bother complaining on forums either, was instantly done with anything EU related.

I hope MA does something.

some people are smarter than others. i got robbed 4 times in this game. each time MA plays innocent. dumb AF to still be here

There is a Star Alex Gray listed on EntropiaLife who looks to be a relatively active crafter.

Alex Star Grey is the name that has been mentioned before in relation to auction orders.

So there do appear to be two similarly named avatars. More than that, I don't know.

This, I think, should result in a forced name change for one of them.

The one involved in market manipulation should be banned regardless.

well are some months or maybe 1 year but one known crafter got some avatars banned for market manip, so all depends how greedy they become :) i mention this because some ppls around complain MA dont take actions against those dudes

I have seen few "Captains" around there selling same stuff what you like to craft ;)

Ohh shit... Busted... You caught my army of alts....

captains.jpg
captains_2.jpg

Feel free to do some digging on the ATH list too, I heard I've got a handful of those.

Status
Back