Question: Filler Ores and Enmatter (lyst/oil)

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
Has anyone else seen a dramatic increase in the filler ores they're getting?

I'm fine with resources caps and exhaustion, but lately i get 2-3 claims of a targeted resource and then it's just lyst/oil for the next two hours. What's the point of this. I'm sick of spending so long drilling it up (and i have a mod exc)

it's killing the gameplay.

It's waves and I hate it, you can get a shorter wave or a longer wave, have had a few short ones myself. Guess it depends on how much crafters are using resources? Though this would be a bit weird turning off all resources besides lyst and oil and then back to normal again...

Weird stuff indeed.

Regardless of resource cap, etc. theories, if you get a streak of lyst/oil in an area that normally doesn't have such a high percentage, that's a good time to stop mining and go elsewhere. Knowing when to stop mining in an area is almost as important as knowing where to mine in the first place.

That said, I have had a case where I decided to just keep mining and got crazy hit rates on just lyst to the point I was over 100% TT.

The problem is the loot system is set up in terms of x amount of y resource per hour for rares and since so many people are in quarantine and activity in game is up so much, the peanut butter is being spread too thin. MA needs to increase the availability of resources to compensate.

its funny though that MA wants people to cycle lots and lots of peds but they use a stupid wave loot system that encourages smart players to only play like 30 minutes in an 8 hour day and idle around the rest of the time cos u wont hit the stuff u r looking for anyway in the 7 hours and 30 minutes.
just give us a damn probability loot system where everthing is always active to drop and has a fixed probability. would be a lot better for the economy and the players as well. first of all everything would be more fair as its independent of playtime and secondly you could calculate your probable loot outcome without the need to hit waves to even be able to loot anything worthwhile.

its funny though that MA wants people to cycle lots and lots of peds but they use a stupid wave loot system that encourages smart players to only play like 30 minutes in an 8 hour day and idle around the rest of the time cos u wont hit the stuff u r looking for anyway in the 7 hours and 30 minutes.

If someone thinks it works that way, they need to mine more. There is a temporal factor, but it’s nothing near being a simple “wave”, especially one that only lasts 30 minutes and is junk for 8 hours. It’s more of a peaked distribution over time for an area where it averages out into good, bad, and normal runs. If all you do is mine one area though, then longer-term downswings associated with that area will hurt more. There are plenty of other servers to mine if your favorite area isn’t doing so well though. If I’m doing a full day, I never run out of areas to mine because it’s generally been long enough since I was last in the area after cycling through my favorites back to the beginning again. If one area is junk, on to the next they might be 45% HR instead of 15% (with no decrease in TT/claim).

Resource type is is trickier, but that’s why you need to target multiple sources than say only hunting for redulite.

Why would I do anything other than farm pyrite... hit my 5-6 claims and then sit in the quad for an hour and try to hit another 5-6 after that. It's fucking boring and this system needs an adjustment asap.

Add to that the borderline pathetic TT returns and lack of larger multipliers since the september 2019 "update" that fucked the system entirely.

There's an entire new area on Cyrene with Calypso resources... do you think moving stuff over there would make it more available system-wide? I suspect they are pushing stuff out to other planet partners too... so squeezing the last bit out of the toothpaste tube gets a bit tougher and tougher.

Side note - if you are looting all that junk, why not pick up some blueprints and burn through em. :)

If someone thinks it works that way, they need to mine more. There is a temporal factor, but it’s nothing near being a simple “wave”, especially one that only lasts 30 minutes and is junk for 8 hours. It’s more of a peaked distribution over time for an area where it averages out into good, bad, and normal runs. If all you do is mine one area though, then longer-term downswings associated with that area will hurt more. There are plenty of other servers to mine if your favorite area isn’t doing so well though. If I’m doing a full day, I never run out of areas to mine because it’s generally been long enough since I was last in the area after cycling through my favorites back to the beginning again. If one area is junk, on to the next they might be 45% HR instead of 15% (with no decrease in TT/claim).

Resource type is is trickier, but that’s why you need to target multiple sources than say only hunting for redulite.

i know areas where i can literally drop 10 bombs in a minute and have all the resources that are in there for the next 2 hours there will be lyst only. so the 30 min and 7:30 was first of all only a random number to make my point and its split up between a few minutes and then 2 hour waiting period.
and also it wasnt meant to target mining only. the same is true even more true for hunting, albeit with shorter windows but the point still stands

Mining dead many years, long time ago people farmed solis beans, zanderium, redulite, and other resources, you could spend a whole day mining, there were no waves, no lysterium in the right place, prices were much higher, today most of resources have zero MU.

i know areas where i can literally drop 10 bombs in a minute and have all the resources that are in there for the next 2 hours there will be lyst only. so the 30 min and 7:30 was first of all only a random number to make my point and its split up between a few minutes and then 2 hour waiting period.
and also it wasnt meant to target mining only. the same is true even more true for hunting, albeit with shorter windows but the point still stands

literally my life.

Side note - if you are looting all that junk, why not pick up some blueprints and burn through em. :)

If i wouldn't lose 5-10% TT return doing so I would. otherwise they go to the TT or on auction

Tried mining after few months, first 6 claims I got was Duru, Belkar, Redu from that point rest was Lyst only. Then weird period followed, 12 NRF and 13Th was lyst again. Considering tiering is broken too, I am not gonna play it again until something change to the right direction. This game is broken as it is now.

less filler ores and more high MU ores wouldn't be that bad, may get the MU of filler ores up and the MU of currently high MU stuff down. The latter will make more items attractive to craft and competetive (when i look at the items crafted with morpheus ingots i.e.).

Last edited:
Regardless of resource cap, etc. theories, if you get a streak of lyst/oil in an area that normally doesn't have such a high percentage, that's a good time to stop mining and go elsewhere. Knowing when to stop mining in an area is almost as important as knowing where to mine in the first place.

In games of sword and magic, if you harvest one area too much, you incur the wrath of the gods, and a lightning strikes you, forcing you to move elsewhere.

Unfortunately, wrath of the gods doesn't quite belong in a sci-fi setting, hence EU relies on more subtle hints to make people move. Well, now that I think of it... some people probably would need an orbital drone strike to get the message. :cool:

Unfortunately, wrath of the gods doesn't quite belong in a sci-fi setting, hence EU relies on more subtle hints to make people move. Well, now that I think of it... some people probably would need an orbital drone strike to get the message. :cool:

Setting up an orbital laser canon as an entropia event and follow up events to repair the damage done would be cool :cool:

Setting up an orbital laser canon as an entropia event and follow up events to repair the damage done would be cool :cool:

I like it, I'm thinking a men in black type alien invasion where at the end we have to destroy the alien mothership in space with our quads...

Mining dead many years, long time ago people farmed solis beans, zanderium, redulite, and other resources, you could spend a whole day mining, there were no waves, no lysterium in the right place, prices were much higher, today most of resources have zero MU.

There was no wave indeed, but also there was no explosive crafting either which killed the MU all together.

Those filler ores are a good attempt to make MU go a bit up. Its boring but i think it have a good purpose.

What do we know about the oil/lyst waves? To me the switches seem very "hard". You get no lyst or only lyst.
I've noticed you can get a ore-switch to lyst but enmatter remaining "good" and vice versa.

Can changing location within the area help or is it just a timer thing? Is it personal or does it switch for everyone?
The best places also seem to be hardest hit by this wich would indicate that it has to do with how many people are farming it.

Thanks

What do we know about the oil/lyst waves? To me the switches seem very "hard". You get no lyst or only lyst.
I've noticed you can get a ore-switch to lyst but enmatter remaining "good" and vice versa.

Can changing location within the area help or is it just a timer thing? Is it personal or does it switch for everyone?
The best places also seem to be hardest hit by this wich would indicate that it has to do with how many people are farming it.

Thanks

there is a certain amount of resources, TT-wise, that "spawn" each wave. if those are pulled out its lyst only in that whole region. this is easily observable when taking an area, mine it with amp and without. you will get more claims without amp of the targetted resource but in the end the difference of it TT-wise is minimal (except you hit a multi on it)

Yeah thanks, I noticed that too. Seems to work that way with bigger amps also. Like you can hit target resource with lvl 7 but with lvl 13 its lyst/oil again. Disincentivizing people to do stupid gambles, not good.

Has anyone else seen a dramatic increase in the filler ores they're getting?

I'm fine with resources caps and exhaustion, but lately i get 2-3 claims of a targeted resource and then it's just lyst/oil for the next two hours. What's the point of this. I'm sick of spending so long drilling it up (and i have a mod exc)

it's killing the gameplay.

Haven't mined much recently but from what I noticed in my last few runs, nothing has really changed from 1-2 years ago in terms of the mechanics of mining. However at a glance, it looks like a lot of the Caly servers have a higher concentration of Lyst/Oil/Trash than before, and markups have gotten pretty uninspiring across the board, which means as a non-PvP miner, your TT returns are going to play a massive role on whether you can turn a profit or not. Getting 115%+ average markup on your long term spreadsheet seems difficult (not impossible) w/o Pyrite and such... or some very good luck (ie: never HoFing on trash)...

@ZPK the OP was mining at hot hours thats all

Having not mined in years and recently went out on a couple expeditions I noticed when an area gets played out you find more lyst and oil where as in the past if it was played out you wouldn't really find anything. One thing I've noticed for sure is the resource spawns haven't changed that much since I last played. I am finding the same resources in areas I used to find them but with a oil/lyst twist when the spawn cycle seems to change. It's not all oil and lyst in those spots but the make up of the spawn seems to go from 65-75% expected resources to as low as 10% expected resources with lyst/oil and other fillers making up the rest when the cycle changes.

It does force you to keep on the move since it seems time based and avatar dependent in a way. I did tend to find more resources including skill builders like oil and lyst unlike in the past where it seemed if an area was mined out by either yourself or someone else it was minimal finds if any at all. It's different for sure but worth noticing the feedback from the system even if it means signing off for the day.

make pyrite filler

There's an entire new area on Cyrene with Calypso resources... do you think moving stuff over there would make it more available system-wide? I suspect they are pushing stuff out to other planet partners too... so squeezing the last bit out of the toothpaste tube gets a bit tougher and tougher.

Why would you burn through the junk with bps as opposed to selling in bulk on AU? Genuinely curious.

I've noticed this aswell.
It's usually all or nothing with the lyst/oil switch, also the HR seems to spike on waves aswell.

What I have noticed on Arkadia is an over abundance of ZINC. It's worthless and I find tons of it. Others in the same boat:
Star Particles
Acid Root
Magerian Mist

I actually don't find too much Lyst/Oil unless I mine in 2 certain areas. TBH I would rather get Lyst/Oil than damn Zinc. :poop:

Why would I do anything other than farm pyrite... hit my 5-6 claims and then sit in the quad for an hour and try to hit another 5-6 after that. It's fucking boring and this system needs an adjustment asap.

I agree, this needs to change.
Should be a fixed chance to get it instead of some cooldown system...

Back