2.11 - Entropia Universe Terms of Use/EULA Violation?

Status

fred5283

Stalker
Society
AO
Norian Norian Xx
"2.11 - Entropia Universe Terms of Use/EULA Violation" Can someone find ?

Entropians,

Anyone out here knows what the 2.11 TOS states because i somehow am unable to find it.

Two of the events today got locked by MA with the violation being mentioned as the cause.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...15K-PED-MAD-MAY-RAFFLE!-By-EntropiaInvest-com

and

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...EEPSTAKES!-Begins-May-1st!-MASSIVE-Prize-Pool!

I can only find this in the TOU
Code:
 Description of the Service 

2.1.       Entropia Universe Account 

You can only join an Entropia Universe Planet by creating an Entropia Universe Account that is uniquely associated with Your participation (“Account”). When applying for an Entropia Universe Account You will be asked to fill in a simple form (see below under paragraph 3.1 Account Application and Registration).

To complete the Account registration process, You have to choose a password ("Password") and a username ("Username") (together referred to as “Login Details”), which, subject to MindArk’s approval, will provide You with an access to the Entropia Universe Account that You have registered.

You may only register one Account.

An approved Account will allow You to use the Entropia Universe Starting Area.

An approved Account and a verified e-mail address (see below under paragraph 3.1 Account Application and Registration) will allow You to log into the Entropia Universe Planets. Here, You will be able to interact and exchange Virtual Items with other Participants and/or Non-Participant Character (a.k.a. NPC).

Within the Entropia Universe You will appear as an "Avatar", a virtual persona/alter-ego. Your use of the Entropia Universe Account and all Your activities within Entropia Universe through the Account are regulated by this ToU and related Policies.

I am pretty sure people on the forum have more understanding of this then me so it would be great if someone can link or direct me to the relevant TOU 2.11

Cheers,

Divinity

2.11 References a forum rule, not a section or chapter of the Entropia Universe EULA or ToU.

Forum rule 2.11 reads:
Any thread, post, signature or publicly viewable content that clearly violates the Entropia Universe Terms of Use or End User License Agreement (EULA) will be deleted without notice...

If I had to guess, the rule that was broken is in EULA chapter 8 and ToU chapter 8.

Point 14 of the list in the EULA, and point "n" of the list in the ToU:
Gambling activities are expressly forbidden in the Entropia Universe.

Just my guess, I could be wrong.

Quoting myself from the other thread...

2.11 References a forum rule, not a section or chapter of the Entropia Universe EULA or ToU.

Forum rule 2.11 reads:
Any thread, post, signature or publicly viewable content that clearly violates the Entropia Universe Terms of Use or End User License Agreement (EULA) will be deleted without notice...

If I had to guess, the rule that was broken is in EULA chapter 8 and ToU chapter 8.

Gambling activities are expressly forbidden in the Entropia Universe.

Forum rule 2.11 reads:

So is this event gambling too? (and should be closed/banned?)
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-Jackpot-Amazing-items-in-Prizes-(Join-Here)

The events that were closed seem to be purely raffles, while the one you linked looks like a "get points and change them for stuff" type of thing.

Again, I'm not related to MA in any way and I'm only guessing on this.

Even the lottery/raffle part I linked to?

It's only a lottery or raffle if you buy tickets and only luck is involved. A hunting competition where more globals gets you more tickets is not a lottery or raffle, because it requires something other than simply paying the set price.

This is overzealous moderating, but I would suggest that the title of the events did their part to incite such action.

There used to be lots of events where all the globals would be numbered and then one of them would be chosen based on the Euromillions numbers or similar. I ran some of them myself. These events are akin to those old events, which were not lotteries, and were always allowed.

Yeah, I don't know. Whatever the rules are they should apply to everyone equally.

Maybe we should wait for the mods to make a statement.

Last edited:

Forum rule 2.11 reads:

That does clear up the air as i was traversing down the wrong path and inferencing TOU 2.11 as being that of EU and not pcf. Thanks for clearing that up.

It's only a lottery or raffle if you buy tickets and only luck is involved. A hunting competition where more globals gets you more tickets is not a lottery or raffle, because it requires something other than simply paying the set price.

This is overzealous moderating, but I would suggest that the title of the events did their part to incite such action.

Took us 3 days of back and forth and multiple changes to come up with the event. One of the versions had a BUY IN which was discarded exactly for the reasons you have mentioned Oleg. I think this was also mentioned before that MA had said that in some previous cases that selling of these tickets is not allowed as it constitutes "Gambling".

The thing is a lot of time and effort is spent in making these events innovative one month after the other. I am sure MsPudding has spent a lot of time as well by looking at the graphics on hers.

I am open to rewording of the Event Title as i can understand if that itself is an issue, although similar words have been used in the past as well. Also if suddenly random drawings itself is an issue, I will happily comply as long as the rules are meant for all and not being selectively implemented.

Looking forward to what the moderators have to say as I am sure they will see our point of view as well and come to a fair and just resolution.

Cheers,

Divinity

The lock seems like it may be gambling related.

But if that's the case, can we get a clarification on what's considered gambling? Specifically what's allowed or disallowed in the scope of hosted events within EU.

There are so many current and past events with varying gambling elements in it.

Part of what makes EU a fun experience for all is the creativity of Events and New ways for players to enjoy it.

An answer would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Duplicate threads merged.

Please note that Rule 2.11 referenced by Ludvig when closing the threads in question refers to the following forum rule, not a section of the Entropia Universe EULA:

Forum Rules said:
2.11 - Entropia Universe Terms of Use/EULA Violation
Any thread, post, signature or publicly viewable content that clearly violates the Entropia Universe Terms of Use or End User License Agreement (EULA) will be deleted without notice, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice, and if severe enough it may have impact on your ingame account. This rule includes such things as the sale of avatars, the sale of PED or items for cash, attempts to circumvent the official deposit/withdrawal channels, attempts to exploit a weakness in the client software and/or Entropia Universe servers, or defamation of any person, firm or entity, including, without limitation, MindArk PE AB, AR Universe AB, Forum Staff, Entropia Universe planet partners, MindArk's representatives and/or Entropia Universe.

I have updated Ludvig's closure notices in the affected threads with the above quoted rule to avoid any confusion.

Duplicate threads merged.

Please note that Rule 2.11 referenced by Ludvig when closing the threads in question refers to the following forum rule, not a section of the Entropia Universe EULA:

I have updated Ludvig's closure notices in the affected threads with the above quoted rule to avoid any confusion.

Thank you for the fast response. However that definition doesn't answer help us to understand it and structure our future events to stay within boundaries of the rules.

Can we ban EP4 then? Asking for a friend.

The event owners should just substitute the word "raffle" with "explosive projectile blueprint" and then they probably wouldn't be breaking EULA! :rofl:

Thank you for the fast response. However that definition doesn't answer help us to understand it and structure our future events to stay within boundaries of the rules.

I was simply clarifying the confusion stemming from some people thinking "2.11" referred to a section of the EULA, rather than the PCF forum rules.

Interpretation and application of the Entropia Universe EULA is not something me or Ludvig are involved in. Ludvig was simply acting based on instruction from MindArk management when closing the affected threads.

I was simply clarifying the confusion stemming from some people thinking "2.11" referred to a section of the EULA, rather than the PCF forum rules.

Interpretation and application of the Entropia Universe EULA is not something me or Ludvig are involved in. Ludvig was simply acting based on instruction from MindArk management when closing the affected threads.

Hmm would you be able to tell me which specific part of the event was breaking the rules (title, image, event prize conditions, etc)? I think that might help. If it's as simple as title or the discouragement of certain styled events, we can structure our new events accordingly.

I was simply clarifying the confusion stemming from some people thinking "2.11" referred to a section of the EULA, rather than the PCF forum rules..

Thanks for that :thumbup:

Considering that it was Ludvig who enforced the application, I am sure you would understand that we are within our rights to ask for more information from him as he is the face that we are familiar with ( we would not know who in MA management to contact).

Support cases can go months without response so you can understand why that would not be a fair option to pursue.

MA I would imagine from recent events would like to keep a fair and ethical standing in terms of the status of their platform. Closing events which took a lot of time and effort to create and leaving us in a lurch at the last moment without any reasonable explanation offered , prejudiced to the fact that there are other events with very similar structure running, would seem counter intuitive in terms of MA's vision for EU or at least i hope so.

Cheers,

Divinity

Just repost the event with any reference to gambling removed.
Dont use tickets or chances, be like mindark, these are "opportunities".
Opportunities at no additional cost to hunting LA Without event.

An official announcement will be released shortly.

Status
Back