Abuse Report - Trapping mobs

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Many of us remember the days when mobs could be 'trapped'. Years ago the AI failed to make mobs run around trees, and they just got stuck behind those, and one could shoot the mobs, without getting hit. This was seriously 'not done', and people like myself and others avoided this as much as possible, since it was not allowed.

This was considered 'GAINING AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE' and was AGAINST TOU.
There were many support cases about it, and people got their accounts locked , temporarily or permanently.

Today we have that same problem again....
I hunt a lot on Rextulum, at the oasis, shared loot. Sometimes people with low dps guns show up, and ask me if they can hunt alongside. For the benefit of the game, and for some fun, I happily agree with it. Sometimes it's really enjoyable.

However...
All too often people show up who do not ask, who are sneeky, and try to take advantage of hunters like myself. They realize ubers dps is much higher then theirs, and understand that if they hide behind big guys, with their puny guns they won't get hit, People like myself will take the damage, and this way they are able to 'hunt bigger mobs'

I consider this 'GAINING AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE'.
The only difference is that you trap mobs behind a person, rather then behind a tree.

Yes it is shared, anyone can hunt anything. Sure, I like to team up, no problem whatsoever, especially with people with similar dps.

But when cowards purposely shoot the mob someone else is on, even in wave1 where the mobs are real easy, and there is plenty of mobs around for everyone, they purposely shoot the mob you are on, with the only goal of saving on their own decay, and putting it on YOUR repair bill... the least I can say is 'this is not done.'

Last edited:
Are there not Rextelum that interests you outside the shared loot zone? If not, then there should be.

Don't like it, stop hunting in shared... or just go kill some zombie Kong. Everybody dies there...

People like myself will take the damage, and this way they are able to 'hunt bigger mobs'

certain loot theories propose that you get armor and fap decay back in loot later on with the current system... similarly, better buffs you have vs the little guys may give you unfair advantage there too? In some ways it all balances out somewhat.

Yes it is shared, anyone can hunt anything. Sure, I like to team up, no problem whatsoever, especially with people with similar dps.
If you are the highest dps there, maybe you should try to find a better place to hunt where folks with your dps hunt too?

It's kind of similar to how you see folks at Icarus that are way overpowered all too often complaining because others are hunting there too... rather silly. It's a big virtual universe.... lots and lots of other places to hunt.

I still like my lonely little corners of the worlds where no green dots are anywhere nearby.

Last edited:
is this like drafting in behind trucks on the highway?

Today we have that same problem again....
I hunt a lot on Rextulum, at the oasis, shared loot. Sometimes people with low dps guns show up, and ask me if they can hunt alongside. For the benefit of the game, and for some fun, I happily agree with it. Sometimes it's really enjoyable.

The only difference is that you trap mobs behind a person, rather then behind a tree.

i know how this pain works because i use melee often
here goes pro_tip

1) "just stop shooting rex after some nub shooting behind ya, rex will run into nub kill him(agro change)"
▶ we happy
2) "nub wearing some mid~highend(L)armors(he can tank rex), ditch him(just stop doing anything like u went AFK he will be gone less than 30sec)
▶ we happy
3) "nub keep chasing you with purpose, teleport to corner of SK wave
▶ you can't see nobody in " Nearby " lets grind begin again
▶ eventually we happy

unknown.png

i will put more tips later
keep make thread clean
this is not an auction:confused::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Decay is calculated as part of loot. To demonstrate, agro some mobs, let them hit you a bit, then run into someplace where they get turreted and you will get some shrapnel even though you never fired a shot, so I think your concern is moot, unless somehow the noob is getting items with MU that you are not getting.

With getting armour/fap decay back now this is just a silly post.

Whine report - misleading title.

Summary of the post.
Naomi: Hi, I'm Karen and I believe all mobs that I shoot first should be mine, in shared loot.
Therefore these poor people who have no other option but to hide behind my ass in order to get a thrill of hunting something way bigger than they could only dream of doing by themselves one day, should be punished.
It's not like I care about losing these few pecs I lose on taking the aggro for them. But I view these poor lads as beneath me - therefore they should be punished for annoying me. Oh right, maybe I can make it seem like this would give them an "unfair advantage". That should get rid of these pesky poor mortals.
-Naomi, a.k.a Karen.

lol how is this A SILLLY POST
come to sk wave 6/7 someone tank slayer,marauder i will shoot behind ya
i'll take spleen,brain,heart oil even ESI if we are lucky
and someone loot some peckers of shrapnel because someone only did heal himself/herself, lil armor decay
sounds cool bro/sis??

1. yeah its shared loot
2. some ppl got skill for teamwork others don't, in this case
some nub come next to you, reaches his/her hand in your pocket for grabbing some loot
3. you accept his hypothetical snitch, what a big man/woman! go camp iccarus share some ur peds with puny slayers
4. have no subject, its
monologue

thanks for reading
regards who boo you

Last edited by a moderator:
Since decay, including armor and heal cost, are factored into how the loot is distributed now, this is really not an issue. That noob that does 0.1% of your cost will have 0.1% of looting something. I don't see the issue with this at all.

Also, that's just the definition of shared loot...

This is almost as bad as saying, if you hunt in an area, no one else should hunt there because if another person hunted there and got an uber loot, they stole your loot....

lol how is this A SILLLY POST
come to sk wave 6/7 someone tank slayer,marauder i will shoot behind ya
i'll take spleen,brain,heart oil even ESI if we are lucky
and someone loot some peckers of shrapnel because someone only did heal himself/herself, lil armor decay
sounds cool bro/sis??

1. yeah its shared loot
2. some ppl got skill for teamwork others don't, in this case
some nub come next to you, reaches his/her hand in your pocket for grabbing some loot
3. you accept his hypothetical snitch, what a big man/woman! go camp iccarus share some ur peds with puny slayers
4. have no subject, its
monologue

thanks for reading
regards who boo you

Are you okay? I don't understand this post at all..

Take it as a compliment... you know you're an Uber when you start getting abused :wise:

Are you okay? I don't understand this post at all..

go aurli cave dotty spot and shoot some mob with ur aug bc-80
u seems promising,considerate player, shoot mob while im melee dotty

thread seems bit silly but content(shared loot BS system) isn't that stupid
so i'll stick with solo-shared wave
read my tip, thanks

People who group up WILLINGLY to hunt a bigger mob - Great!

People who group up WILLINGLY to kill mobs faster together - Awesome!

People of lower level, who ask heavy hunters if they can join for some fun since they can't do it alone - Love it!

People who can't handle a big mob, tp - shoot - die, tp shoot die,... Sure! (kind'a funny :p)

In shared mob wave events, everyone typically hunts solo on the lower waves, and group up on the difficult ones.

People who trap mobs behind objects - not done!

People who range-shoot mobs, jump in flying vehicle, fly back, and repeat - not done!
(seen this quite a lot lately)

People who trap mobs behind another person, with plenty of easy mobs around for everyone, purposely shoot the same mob as a heavy hunter, (ab)using the AI system with the knowledge the heavy hunter will take all the hits - not done!

Be a nice person, don't be an egoist. Just Ask!

Btw, many people DO ask if they can hunt alongside.

and btw, to all the whiners here, I absolutely don't care about the little armor decay or even the hypothetical loot change. I care about being honest, straightforward and upfront. I care a lot about righteousness, and I detest sneeky people with secondary intentions.

Reactions: das
I understand all the responses "it's shared loot" blah blah, I get it, but even if it's shared loot if someone is hunting alone that may be how they prefer it and imo it's rude to just start shooting the mobs they are shooting without asking. Unfortunately hunting etiquette seems to not be taught these days.

It's rude doing shared loots and assuming others don't join.
You made the decision to hunt shared mobs, you accepted what comes with it.
Am I annoyed by people joining late on waves? Sure, but that comes with wave events.
Might as well give some noobs or low lvl players the excitement of hunting big mobs as well. Team up, chat a bit and enjoy losing money together.

I think the underlying issue is the lack of non-shared Rexts :cool:

I love me some Naomi, but I disagree with your stance on this. Is it rude? Sure, but if you ask them to leave/stop and they won't then time to leave yourself or take a break. I'm sure you could also work to agro the mobs on them - start a mob train even.
If someone is pew pewing off to the side really they are just helping you get kill points and you should still end up with the good loots etc. People always complain at shared loot events that the "ubers" get all the items and all the lower end players are just making it easy for them - no matter if that is true or not.

I tend to ask people if I can join if they are solo on a shared loot mob, but no everyone does that. I find it no way gaining an unfair advantage, but yes still rude behavior.

I just stop shooting for a while and the mob agros the noob shooting, after a few times they usualy get the message.

I don't get all this talking.. :confused:

All mobs that exist in shared are also in non-shared, so there's no problem here..
You don't want to share, go unshared.

Ah wait, you go at Oasis for the Sand King.
So you want an unshared Sand King maybe ? :yay:

Ask MA.

And ask them also to put the revival in not too far away, you'll need it... :rolleyes:

PS: Just to be clear, what I'm saying is when it comes to Sand King, people like you are happy that the Noobs are here to keep him busy with their Z12s while you do all the damage.

So basically like a lot of people do, you ask what's best for you.

You want your cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
People who trap mobs behind another person, with plenty of easy mobs around for everyone, purposely shoot the same mob as a heavy hunter, (ab)using the AI system with the knowledge the heavy hunter will take all the hits - not done!

Not all newbies can take on an easy Rex young, it's newb for me and you, for them, it's like me going solo with a Slayer, tough as hell, or cant be done.

Really is no issue, shared loot, shared shooting, if you don't like it, move on.
Also think the stop shooting thing, and let it agro the newb is kind of a pathetic thing to do.

I loved joining uber teams way back before shared loot was a thing, and I was a newb, had tons of fun, even if all I got was oil residue and a few pecs of ammo most the time, why spoil the fun of the newbs of today, by bitching about them shooting a SHARED loot mob. So what if they use you as a shield, they are probably not even tickling it with their DPS and would die on the 1st hit they took.

I see this as a selfish post tbh.

Last edited:
Also think the stop shooting thing, and let it agro the newb is kind of a pathetic thing to do.

No more pathetic than leeching from another player without the courtesy to ask. It's shared loot so they have ever right to shoot, but I have every right not to shoot.

If it's shared, it's not leeching. What's the problem?
Personally, if a newb comes to me and shoots my mob on a shared spawn, he's actually helping me progress in missions, and I'm giving him/her the thrill and excitement of getting a few pecs from the loot, possibly peds if it's a global/hof. Big deal.

The mob would still be attacking me regardless if they shot or not.

I'd be fine if it was oils and shrapnel, but one lucky roll and he gets the 500ped L gun and you get 20ped of oil - or worse still, that L gun is a U gun.

Anyway, I rarely hunt shared precisely because of this.

Had one such incident a week ago at the Steelbirds, Camp Phoenix. An obvious target for this trick with my short-ranged gun. After a handful mobs with this person glued to my shadow, I asked in pm "Why are you following me?" Answered "I new player sorry" and bunked off. Yeah, right.

If you're working on old iron missions, it's actually an advantage. As long as you have the biggest weapon to ensure the mission point, you get it a little cheaper. No worries about armour damage and such, as others explained above you get it back in the loot nowadays.

But it still is strange behaviour and one feels stalked. It adds to the discomfort that we don't fully understand how shared loot works. Its distribution algorithm is an additional layer on what was explained publicly with introduction of Loot 2.0 (e.g. does anyone know how individual efficiency comes in here?) I wouldn't have gone there if the same mob was available regularly. When you see people soloing shared mobs, please ask if it's welcome to join. If you don't, one just knows you're either a sociopath or up to something fishy. Notorious offenders who don't react properly to a short dialogue will be reported.

I guess another solution might be for Mindark to simply move all shared mob to lootable pvp zones and remove the non-stackable loot from the loot tables. ;)

Back