Maximum Efficiency

Mitchymoo

Provider
Society
Dark Side
Mitchy Sir Moo
Hello all, I am hoping to get some advice on my hunting set-up.

I am returning to the game after a couple of years and want to re-work my rig to get maximum efficiency when hunting. Atm, I'm not efficient at all and my losses are killing me.

Stats:

• BLP Sniper (Hit) 44
  • Laser Sniper (Hit) 43
  • Ranged BLP (Dmg) 40
  • Ranged Laser (Dmg) 38

Currently, I'm using a CalyTrek CR Spirit Mk.3 with a Fi/Ra/Co Dante amplifier, Abrer Laser Sight and Alekz Precision Scope.

Any recommendations/advice on what I can use to improve the efficiency of this setup (or indeed change it completely) will be a massive help!

Thank you in advance.

Mitchy

LR-20 adjusted, level 18-23 laser rifle with 70% efficiency, around 6-8k ped.
BP-20 fen, level 20-28 blp pistol with around 80% efficinecy, around 12-15k ped, not sure exactly.
BC-30 modified, level 20-30 blp carbine, with around 80% efficiency, around 13-16k ped, not sure exactly.
LP-40 perfected, level 30-40 laser pistol, with 91% efficiency, around 40k ped.
LR-40 fen, level 40-50 laser rifle, around 80% efficiency.

These are the low level high efficiency weapons i'm tracking for possible future interest, there are some other melee too, but im less interested for those so dont really know them.

Best efficiency low level weapon is the LP-40 perfected, I dont know how many was available from mayhem token trader, maybe between 5-10, 1 was sold a few weeks ago, and have seen minimum 3 buying thread since that.

Best if you check entropiawiki for high eff weapons, and you can see the levels, type, dpp, etc.

Hello all, I am hoping to get some advice on my hunting set-up.

I am returning to the game after a couple of years and want to re-work my rig to get maximum efficiency when hunting. Atm, I'm not efficient at all and my losses are killing me.

Stats:

• BLP Sniper (Hit) 44
  • Laser Sniper (Hit) 43
  • Ranged BLP (Dmg) 40
  • Ranged Laser (Dmg) 38

Currently, I'm using a CalyTrek CR Spirit Mk.3 with a Fi/Ra/Co Dante amplifier, Abrer Laser Sight and Alekz Precision Scope.

Any recommendations/advice on what I can use to improve the efficiency of this setup (or indeed change it completely) will be a massive help!

Thank you in advance.

Mitchy

Efficiency gives you better loot not tt returns. Also the laser sight and scope if your maxed on the gun no need for them they only increase skill gain. Just try get a decent kill count and try to use right weapon for right mob not overkill etc.

Efficiency gives you better loot not tt returns. Also the laser sight and scope if your maxed on the gun no need for them they only increase skill gain. Just try get a decent kill count and try to use right weapon for right mob not overkill etc.

What are you talking about? Efficiency gives literally better tt returns- +0.07% per levels to be more precise

Efficiency is better tt return, dpp is the better loot composition, but those are in the list are already high dpp guns except the lr-20.

Here you can read about it: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?304456-Shared-Loot-Changes&highlight=loot

Efficiency = Makes up no more than 7% of total loot value...meaning higher Efficiency higher TT return. Additionally, it's important to note, that only weapons attachments have an effect on the Efficiency of the weapon.

DPP = A contributing factor in Loot Composition (What makes up the loot) So higher DPP would allude to more marketable items IE oils and not shrap). Something to note, DPP is impacted by not only an items base DPP, but accessories, pills and buff. This means, items that provide FB, and ICD for example, while they don't provide all of the same benefit as they did in prior to loot 2.0, still have a useful place in determining how much MV you get back from your hunt.

Also if your plan is maximising your efficiency in hunting id recommend buying laser instead of blp as blp amps have bad efficency and will result in lowering your guns efficiency once attatched if you buy a 2.0 gun.

Lr40 with imp a105 nice combo for most mid lvl hunters and will only set you back around +25k for the combo.

An inexpensive melee option is the Archon's Sword w/ Trauma 4 amp. 68.4% Efficiency & 3.026 DPP. Even better with a Trauma 5 amp (pretty rare tho). Easy to find & low level maxed (24-28).

Last edited:
LR-20 adjusted, level 18-23 laser rifle with 70% efficiency, around 6-8k ped.
BP-20 fen, level 20-28 blp pistol with around 80% efficinecy, around 12-15k ped, not sure exactly.
BC-30 modified, level 20-30 blp carbine, with around 80% efficiency, around 13-16k ped, not sure exactly.
LP-40 perfected, level 30-40 laser pistol, with 91% efficiency, around 40k ped.
LR-40 fen, level 40-50 laser rifle, around 80% efficiency.

These are the low level high efficiency weapons i'm tracking for possible future interest, there are some other melee too, but im less interested for those so dont really know them.

Best efficiency low level weapon is the LP-40 perfected, I dont know how many was available from mayhem token trader, maybe between 5-10, 1 was sold a few weeks ago, and have seen minimum 3 buying thread since that.

Best if you check entropiawiki for high eff weapons, and you can see the levels, type, dpp, etc.

This is great info, thank you. Looks like I've got some saving up to do! I know what I'm spending my next HOF on ehehe.

For the time being, I've purchased a little ArMatrix BP-30 (L) and focusing on matching my armour set to the MOB I'm hunting. Seems to be improving my overall returns, which is nice to see, and I've stemmed some of those big losses post-hunt.

I have a question about the "Optimal Loot" though. As I understand, the lower the cost to kill a creature, the more of this 'optimal loot' you'll get (which only impacts loot composition, not loot TT value). So I guess I might get more Animal Eye Oil over Shrapnel? OK, great. But this is still pretty much just TT food unless you're willing to a) invest enough to make selling Eye Oil on the auction worth it or b) have enough time and money to wait the 7 days it make take to get your peds back.

Or, am I missing something here? So far, I've received standard loot from my hunts and no 'items'. Maybe I need to read yup on the Optimal Loot patch notes again.

Back