Hello from MindArk's new Community Relations Manager!

What did she say on Discord about the old Irons? Can someone share here?

https://discord.gg/wjBh75B
(its free for anyone to join if they so wish)

I was chatting with a returning player about missions, chatting about codex, and asked My "Do you know when they are planning on removing the irons? Or no fixed date yet?"

She replied - " Removing the irons are planned during the 2020 Q3 release (20200901)"

No secret insider info.. just general chat :)

NI devs are great at communicating on discord too, and I know that's where we first heard from Dylan(ark) that the cyborg suits were to be tradable on arks discord server. Cyrenes devs chat everyday on their discord, and Monria also has a super active one. Worth checking them out imo :)

I might have read this the wrong way but I think Ludvig has that role here?
While Ludvig will continue to handle the day-to-day community feedback and communication on PlanetCalypsoForum...

Last edited:

Enjoy The Silence.

We have Ludvig around who could say something but it appears he is just here to :locked: discussion threads about scammers. Bad press I suppose.

I hope the 'exciting news' mentioned in the OP has something better than Batsim and Compet to inspire the faithful...

No secret insider info.. just general chat :)

Hmm, in the business world in general you used not to be allowed to say stuff that is 'relevent' to future plans on one platform and not another. You had to have press releases, and possibly an embargo time for journalists who discovered certain info in advance.
Twitbook and co. seem to have changed this, and now there is another place to go other than an official forum?

Is it even text, or was it via voice-chat that she is engaging? Maybe as an official employee, she should note down what she says - and put out a transcript here? (if she is so active there?)

Hmm, in the business world in general you used not to be allowed to say stuff that is 'relevent' to future plans on one platform and not another. You had to have press releases, and possibly an embargo time for journalists who discovered certain info in advance.
Twitbook and co. seem to have changed this, and now there is another place to go other than an official forum?

Is it even text, or was it via voice-chat that she is engaging? Maybe as an official employee, she should note down what she says - and put out a transcript here? (if she is so active there?)

Nothing which wasn't known already from previous official announcements.

Nothing which wasn't known already from previous official announcements.
When you say 'nothing', the 1st Sept possibly wasn't specifically known (although a Tuesday as to be expected), or is there a list now somewhere so that we know things like 2nd June vu in advance as well?
Yes, I did know we would have approximately 1 year to get old missions completed, so I can agree with you for the main part.

Sorry, just been having a day where the lines are blurring between 'secrets', half-secrets' and 'obfuscation?'. I've always had a tendency to know various stuff not in the public domain, whether journalistically or just close active involvement in 'businessy' things, or personal connections.
Edit: I've always been in two minds about it too - which is a fitting phrase when I think about exchanges of information between different groups. ;)

Last edited:

Enjoy The Silence.

We have Ludvig around who could say something but it appears he is just here to :locked: discussion threads about scammers. Bad press I suppose.

I hope the 'exciting news' mentioned in the OP has something better than Batsim and Compet to inspire the faithful...

The names were all wiped from the screenshots. So the lock didn't make sense either.

Is it even text, or was it via voice-chat that she is engaging? )
Thanks for the reply Alaina. It was text, she says, and available for anyone who joins up on discord. The link was somewhere above in this thread. I assume you then start a search to find stuff.
I do find the location of her chattiness a bit strange, though. People will start to need their own personal Berthas to gather together what they want to know every day. I've heard of feeds or so that gather stuff, but no idea how they can work really with something like this.
Wait - a Community Relations Manager might know all about stuff like that? :laugh: ....sorry!

Whilst I applaud to some degree the devs (any and all of them) that venture into discord, that is by no means the solution to communications, it merely supplements it.

Things said in discord leave no record unless typed, and even then it would be hard to trawl through to find things, even if you know they are there.
Many players neither have nor want discord.
Those that do may be busy in their own channel, soc channel, planet chat etc, we all only have 1 pair of ears. or are simply not around at that time of day.
Communications in a voice chat should only be used for feedback to MA, and perhaps clarification as well as social chat ofc Ideally Devs should note anything said and that should be passed on to the wider audience via forum, then maybe have a feedback page there and add to it

Forums should be used by all official communications because
1. they leave a record so that what is said cannot be denied or conveniently forgotten later
2. It is there to read and contribute to, regardless of time zone, restricted hours to play etc

Can we please have INCLUSIVE Communications and frequent communications. The players are your raison d'etre, without us you will be just another unemployment statistic. Let us help you to help us by having meaningful two-way conversations that last longer than hello, nice to see you

I have been gone quite a while, what ever happened to Marco?

I have been gone quite a while, what ever happened to Marco?

Marco got squeezed out a decade ago or so.
MA remains silent ever since.

every 1-3 years MA announces to improve communication under a new name.
the statement itself is all that gets communicated.

i assume the announcement and the new name are autogenerated by now.

Last edited:
Nice to see your face and "meet" you in the video!
Well done, please keep those going

Thanks for your introduction and also the video interview!

May the most positive energy in the universe come your way!

I hope you enjoy your new job and we will be looking forward to hearing from you!

Welcome :)

I hope you do a good job! Many have failed before you. I really hope you succeed improving the communication!!!

And please be careful with the words "soon" and/or "shortly". It gets thrown at us alot to shut us up :laugh:

03-18-2020 - Just like the new community manager will introduce herself to us all "shortly".

02-27-2020 - The devs are working on a complete overhaul of the item tier gain probability formula, which will be released in a patch shortly after the upcoming VU.

Well they have the corona excuse in this case

Wow, bummer, he was a real community manager.

It certainly feels that way...

Its great they are on discord, i think.... I don't know, I don't use it nor do i really want too.

I think the majority of players would be perfectly happy if they just answer the “bleeeping” support. Even reducing the time from weeks and months to days / hours would be an amazing step.

I still have support open since November 2019 Not had a single reply.

Fix the withdrawal process. 50 days is ridiculous. I won’t be depositing another dollar into this game.

Guy been fired already, ain't he ?

How does someone get hired for a job as community manager, post a few times over a few months and get fired. And then a line of replacements do the same thing?

Is MA hiring part time? Like 1 hour a week or something?

Fix the withdrawal process. 50 days is ridiculous. I won’t be depositing another dollar into this game.

WIthdrew 25th May, confirmed 7th July. Fastest withdraw I have ever did...
Did another on 1st July. Will see when it will arrives

I set a withdrawal on the 14th June. It was confirmed yesterday and arrived in my bank today.

Exactly 1 month. Fastest withdrawal ever. :woot:

"I have a dream today! I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

Martin Luther King Jr, delivered 28 August 1963, at the Lincoln Memorial, Washington D.C.

A Mindark AMA would be awesome. Open that up to the community.

It’s summer break in Sweden. MA is on holiday.

Back