Hello from MindArk's new Community Relations Manager!

Now I wonder which game company taught us all to be so cynical ? :scratch2:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

We fell for it again :laugh:

just give her more time, she probably has to read through the 9000 pages of stuff she isn't allowed to say :silly2:

My Bad? Nemesis of Bad Ass? I stink therefore I smell. The breath is strong with this one.

Y'all need to cut her some slack. It has to have been a whirlwind month for poor My.... Surely after taking 2 months for our full-time community manager to build up the courage to introduce herself, she would need to take some PTO to recover. Then there's the actual work! I mean if you remove the sales threads and the general cancerous bullshit there must be at least 2 or possibly even 3 whole threads for her to read and respond to, it's gotta be overwhelming to say the least.

Y'all need to cut her some slack. It has to have been a whirlwind month for poor My.... Surely after taking 2 months for our full-time community manager to build up the courage to introduce herself, she would need to take some PTO to recover. Then there's the actual work! I mean if you remove the sales threads and the general cancerous bullshit there must be at least 2 or possibly even 3 whole threads for her to read and respond to, it's gotta be overwhelming to say the least.

After she found something she wants to respond to she check MAs policy about responding
to threads she sees she is not allowed to. :silly2:

Last edited:

Ouch!!! (too short)

We joke about MA's silence.
But the reality is that this silence shows a great lack of consideration and respect for us...

This constant silence shows the level of consideration MA gives to these "customers".
And that level has always been ZERO.

I mean the silence is worse than anything else, it shows that we don't even deserve a real insult.
I would prefer real insults, which at least shows me that I exist in the eyes of the one who insults me...
Silence shows you're NOTHING.
Communication at level zero is respect at level zero.

And it's been like that for years, years that MA repeats "we are going to increase communication", years that nothing changes, and years that we talk to a wall...

And don't tell me that MA can't talk about certain subjects because of the "system" of the game which must remain secret...

Just saying "we can't talk about this subject" IS an answer, it IS communication.
It is showing that you have listened and heard the person who is talking to you, that you have considered what they said, and that you have made the effort to respond.

Silence is the worst insult.

:dunce:

Silence is the worst insult.

:dunce:

There's an expression in the south of Germany that something is not even worth ignoring, although making the comment is in itself illogical. It thus acts instead as a non-ignoring belittling insult.

In other news, somebody somewhere must be paying some kind of attention. After this last maintenance am now finally getting failed failed failed instead of just the two faileds. Way to go, thank you for allowing me to take part in the meme properly now!

The suggestions section has been reopened on the big Eu discord channel after consulting with My this week, she does also seem relatively active on discord too, so certainly seems like we haven't scared her off just yet ;) :ahh:

EU Discord 1700+ members https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

I think this old cynical and jaded comunity has made whoever this person is say ".. Nah.. Not for me" and then proceeded to run for the hills :laugh:
Community? What community?

I was joking and also out after a good spot to stick that Moomin clip ;) If it was for me, she may have all the slack in the world. I don't need to be managed. Now, that developer liaison is something I find much more interesting. And right now was a perfect moment to get this started, by relating what life on the inside looked like under the lag issue.

If it was for me, she may have all the slack in the world. I don't need to be managed. Now, that developer liaison is something I find much more interesting. And right now was a perfect moment to get this started, by relating what life on the inside looked like under the lag issue.
My feelings on this are similar.

Okay, let's try something else. Still with the Moomins, though. They were my all-time favourite children's stories! When I was a kid, we had only the books and our minds to make them come alive. The cartoons and animated movies didn't exist yet. When they arrived, boy did they pale in comparison. I feel sorry for every young person now who doesn't get to read first. But I digress.

Do you know the story from "Trollkarlens hatt", where Hemul became a plant collector and one day found a magic hat, not knowing what it was, stuffed a few dry plants in it and everything went haywire and started to grow like mad in and around the house? Land plot owners in Entropia complain about the lack of development for them. What if it was possible to take samples from every plant on the planet and grow them as bonsai in your garden? There could be properties making it worth investing in their growth, like pets. You could harvest a sap from them which gives you a buff, getting stronger as the plant gets more mature, and something else from every species. There could be a bonus for completing groups or tasks, like filling the Codex. Make the botany skill useful. Create a reason to become scientist. And one day, a magic hat or something else you don't recognize at first, might cause a big surprise...

Okay, let's try something else. Still with the Moomins, though. They were my all-time favourite children's stories! When I was a kid, we had only the books and our minds to make them come alive. The cartoons and animated movies didn't exist yet. When they arrived, boy did they pale in comparison. I feel sorry for every young person now who doesn't get to read first.

Oh boy... did the Moomins make for weird dreams and nightmares! :eyecrazy:

And still not sure about our new community liaison...

littlemy1red.jpg
littlemy2red.jpg

Wikipedia said:
Little My: A mischievous tomboyish little girl, who lives in the Moomin house and has a brave, spunky personality. She likes adventure, but loves catastrophes, and often does mean things on purpose. She finds messiness and untidiness exciting and is very down to earth when others aren’t.

:scratch2: :scratch2: :scratch2:

Well certainly not boring! :cool: and from her discord pic I think she is owning this similarity!

She is active and chatty, gave some good info about Irons this morning. Now that I am informed from this thread on the Moomins, and where the pic came from, I am ever more excited :D

Last edited:
Oh also... Apparently "my" made a statement on discord regarding the old iron missions, not important enough to share with the rest of us?? :scratch2:

She has read the bit in the New Employee Manual about only sharing important information to a select group of players.

She is learning fast.

What did she say on Discord about the old Irons? Can someone share here?

Back