Server Down for Maintenance - Clock keeps ticking

BackBone

Dominant
BackBone Angelina Praias
So, as would be expected, the server clock should hold while server was offline to give players the opportunity to log in and continue from where they stopped. This doesn't seem the case in Entropia.

Sat at the computer for more than 1h waiting for servers to come offline, to find out 29 of my mining claims have expired :laugh:

The clock stopped for me, since i wasn't able to log in, but it didn't stop on their end. Way to go MA.

Btw, this can be a serious problem for the auction house. If an expensive item is in a bid war and the time ends inside a maintenance window, the item will not reach the maximum price... Just saying.

I expect this situation to be fixed as, in my humble opinion, is unfair in this instance and probably affected many people before.

Btw, this can be a serious problem for the auction house. If an expensive item is in a bid war and the time ends inside a maintenance window, the item will not reach the maximum price... Just saying.

Auction deadlines are extended by (approx.) the span of the downtime.

Contact support for your expired claims because of maintenance, they usually refund them, if I recall.

Contact support for your expired claims because of maintenance, they usually refund them, if I recall.

Thank you for the reply. Through a Support Ticket or there's a faster method?

That makes me wonder...

Why go and mine close to a server reset / any upgrades ? Why start a hunting run before the server resets / upgrades ? Why set an auction for a deadline that's close or falls on a server reset ?

There's also a few notifications that appear on the Main window alerting players for that same fact. Play it safe ?

:laugh:

Thank you for the reply. Through a Support Ticket or there's a faster method?

Support ticket is the proper to do it. Also agree with the post below yours. Unwise to mine when you know there's a maintenance or update coming very soon, something for you to consider in the future.

Why set an auction for a deadline that's close or falls on a server reset ?

yeah, i usually set my auctions thinking "at what time will the server restart, 7 days in the future?" :laugh:

Edit: Sorry but i cannot agree that this is my fault. The clock should always stay on hold while server is unavailable to players.

yeah, i usually set my auctions thinking "at what time will the server restart, 7 days in the future?" :laugh:

Edit: Sorry but i cannot agree that this is my fault. The clock should always stay on hold while server is unavailable to players.

Didn't said it was anyone's fault, just raised a few questions :)

PS: Does the clock also stop when you go to sleep ?

Didn't said it was anyone's fault, just raised a few questions :)

PS: Does the clock also stop when you go to sleep ?

I have actually no idea how to respond to this... :eyecrazy:

Either way, i'll ask the opposite - Why not play until server shuts down? Only problem that can happen is a technical one, due to forced log off. As for the gameplay, everything works as intended until the last second the server is online.

I would also like to point out that MINING works in a different way to HUNTING/CRAFTING. While hunting, you target 1 mob at a time and upon killing it the loot is transferred immediately to your inventory, so its a discrete profession rather than continuous process. When mining, usually its done thinking ahead like, for example, carpet dropping, so its a more fluid process, not discrete events. Also, when a claim is found, the loot doesn't transfer immediately to your inventory, it takes time to extract it. So, time is a valuable resource when MINING, not when HUNTING.

If you wanna add to this discussion, use opinions and facts, not only vague questions.

Btw, support was amazingly fast and already responded saying they would refund those claims. (thank you Support agent Jeff).

Back