Suggestion: Crafting 3.0

Before anything i am not a crafter, and my knowledge crafting is, im sure, very small compared to most of you...

but, do you guys considere the skills you gain during crafting ?

I mostly see people talking about return without talking about the skills they gained...not saying it will change a lot tho...but skills have a value Worth some PED or PEC right ? just wondering...

So do Gizmos have a slight SR buff? :confused:
Also Gizmos having 41 to 42.5% SR won't solve the L BP issue, like when getting 20 fails/near successes in a row, then it's all cost but nothing to sell...

I doubt it does have a buff i think its more related to my runs as i did massive runs all at once like 10k ped runs. As to l bp issue i get the same but its round about and swings some you utter fail on others massive success so assume it = out at some point. I had during easter mayhem making high lvl amps i made 300ped on one through success and when i did another one i lost like 400ped.

I doubt it does have a buff i think its more related to my runs as i did massive runs all at once like 10k ped runs. As to l bp issue i get the same but its round about and swings some you utter fail on others massive success so assume it = out at some point. I had during easter mayhem making high lvl amps i made 300ped on one through success and when i did another one i lost like 400ped.

I've just taken a loot at my component widget & weapon tech gizmo results, both BPs were QR 1 and it's quite small click size too and the results are better compared to my maxed non widget/gizmo BPs and that's without globals.
afterall, the /widget/gizmos were meant for skilling and BP grinding, so maybe MA did indeed give them some modifier.

I don't doubt it averaging out in the long run. I know how the crafting system is in the long run, you don't have to explain that to me.

Before anything i am not a crafter, and my knowledge crafting is, im sure, very small compared to most of you...

but, do you guys considere the skills you gain during crafting ?

I mostly see people talking about return without talking about the skills they gained...not saying it will change a lot tho...but skills have a value Worth some PED or PEC right ? just wondering...

People never take this into consideration, they see only tt in and tt out, not what tt value of skills they got.
However, they should still be getting in the 90%+ in crafting in the long run without taking skills into consideration.

I've just taken a loot at my component widget & weapon tech gizmo results, both BPs were QR 1 and it's quite small click size too and the results are better compared to my maxed non widget/gizmo BPs and that's without globals.
afterall, the /widget/gizmos were meant for skilling and BP grinding, so maybe MA did indeed give them some modifier.

No, there is no difference between the widget/tech BP's and normal SIB BP's.

I don't doubt it averaging out in the long run. I know how the crafting system is in the long run, you don't have to explain that to me.

Have not really bothered checking other blueprints success rates tbh only items and stuff i want to sell. The others are for another purpose which i didn't really want to do a few months ago after my 66k and go full on until i mapped out some other stuff and things.

However, they should still be getting in the 90%+ in crafting in the long run without taking skills into consideration.

this just isn't mainly about the long run.
Although the long run, to get above 90% and especially to 95%, is just way too long (up to 400k click to get the hof for the jump from 90% to 95%).

Have not really bothered checking other blueprints success rates tbh only items and stuff i want to sell. The others are for another purpose which i didn't really want to do a few months ago after my 66k and go full on until i mapped out some other stuff and things.

it's not just the success rate that matters, it's mainly the multipliers that matter, as those are primarly the ones that make up for the 25% & 50% return near successes.

it's not just the success rate that matters, it's mainly the multipliers that matter, as those are primarly the ones that make up for the 25% & 50% return near successes.

Their is ways you can get those multipliers after runs but I dont advise it as if you abuse it it soooo wont work and will suck you dry. Short term loses will add.

the whole not getting multipliers situation wouldn't be that bad, if the base tt-return without multi would be much higher than 73% for non-Sib and 78% for SIB BPs (or even 72% if you take that basic vehicle servo run into account).

And on UL items the multis are basically worthless, because all they do is fill the TT @100% MU value...

This multi-centric design may be okay for hunters/miners & components but for crafting final items, especially UL items, it's just bad...

i'd rather take higher base tt-return with less MU materials lost per success with planable risk than lots of multis (in case MA thinks about increasing their frequency) and return as well as success-rate being volatile af..

overall it's not well thoughtout the way it currently is.

Last edited:
this just isn't mainly about the long run.
Although the long run, to get above 90% and especially to 95%, is just way too long (up to 400k click to get the hof for the jump from 90% to 95%).

I'm not getting into another stupid debate over this with you, there are a ton other threads on that. My reply was regarding tt skills being counted or not and that it pretty much doesn't matter if people were counting their tt value in skills.

buy 145 PED TT of material, do about 90 clicks, have about 66% TT-return.. seriously MA, that's BS... do something about this s***...

btw, the issue there is the large quantity of 25% & 50% TT-return near successes, there's just too f*****ng many of those...

Last edited:
55taygiq.png

fortunately it wasn't a 36 clicks L BP which uses high MU materials, that would have been quite a desaster... that's unfortunately the norm, please do something about it...

The other day i was crafting a 13 clicks L BP where the crafted item has 250% MU and the raw materials have about 112% MU, the result for those 13 clicks was a loss, despite the very good MU... the current system makes you want to stay away from L BPs/low click runs instead of clicking it, that's bad for the game and economy.

Last edited:
MA, are you going to do something soon or is it going to stay with L BP crafting: 150 PED material input > 20 PED TT crafted item output? Seriously, i know it can be bad but this is just fucking out of control...

Last edited:
MA, are you going to do something soon or is it going to stay with L BP crafting: 150 PED material input > 20 PED TT crafted item output? Seriously, i know it can be bad but this is just fucking out of control...

What are you smoking this time??

seems like the tt-return issue has been somewhat addressed and (bigger) multis are a lot more common now, gj.

Now it would be good if the success rate volatility for L BPs gets addressed. So that 10-50 click runs on those won't have a volatility of 8-70% SR anymore but a more stable 30-45% SR range.

Last edited:
Back