Date for the removal of legacy systems?

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
Hello,

Now that we have a shiny new community manager, I have a couple of questions that I think should be answerable and that are relevant enough for me to open this thread.

1. When will the old "Tier Upgrading" be removed and compensated?
  • Given the change to the item tiering process described above, the Tier Upgrader profession will no longer have any purpose, and will be removed completely in early 2020. Any remaining Tier Upgrading skill points will then be converted to their corresponding Tier Upgrading Skill Implant value and compensated at a markup of 20000%.

2. When will the old "iron missions" be removed in favor of the codex?
There will also be a grace period where both the new and old systems will work in tandem, during which time kills on qualifying creatures will result in progress on both the old and new versions of the Hunting Challenge missions. This grace period will extend approximately one year from the implementation of the new mission system.

I'm not trying to put pressure on anyone, answer when/if you can.

Thank you :)

Reactions: jak
shhhhhhhhhh :mad:

I'm still trying to finish all my old missions and the longer it takes the better!!! :ahh:

As for Tiering, I wish they left it in, was one more thing guys could get good at in the game. :p

It will happen soon™

About the removal of old Iron Challenges I read somewhere that it will only happen after this summer migration. So i guess September?

For the first question I have no idea, yet I have some tier upgrade skills that I would love to sell at 20k%. This isn't a cheap game you know!

Speaking of communicating, when is there going to be another AMA? Waiting for tiering and trying to complete my open iron missions doesn't make me oblivious to new ideas or desires. Just recently I decided to say something about the artificial darkness light cycle. It is as annoying as possible in my opinion and an unecessary cosmetic.

There are several reasons I find the current cycle so annoying. Mostly, it doesn't correlate to anything that I notice. If it goes by the actual sun in real life that is bad for anyone not living in Sweden (the dark screen is difficult to work with in broad daylight). If is a sun simulator it again falls flat because the planets are flat non dimensional poorly simulated excuses for planets. Even outer space has no dimension to it. It's flatter than flat earth theory (at least theres a story there). I do like that servers are stitched together to contain several areas into a "planet" but there is room for improvement in the dimension simulation department. Removing time travel from the game might be a good idea as well since it would be ridiculously difficult (even to conceptualize let alone) implement.

Please remove the light/dark cycle entirely. Please bring an AMA. Thanks for taking these ideas into consideration.

ps...maybe a switch so i can shut dark/light cycling off...and mega won't even need to know:)

Last edited:
Good questions which I am curious on as well,

I would like to also see if we can get an update on:

The crafting event, or if it just runs long enough for certain people to cycle enough for the prizes?

The promised tier rate update for (L,UL) from February.

1. When will the old "Tier Upgrading" be removed and compensated?

There is a "compensation" section in the PED Flow Center, progress. :D (not sure how long it has been there)

About the removal of old Iron Challenges I read somewhere that it will only happen after this summer migration. So i guess September?

AFAIR, because the update came out so late MA said that we have time until after Halloween Mayhem? No? :scratch2:

Let's bump this, hoping for an answer or official announcement.

:)

Let's bump this, hoping for an answer or official announcement.

:)

I really would like to know, too. The last time the mission system was changed (change of rewards) they extended the first deadline they gave at least once.

I don't think we can expect an official response about these questions.
They already said it will happen at some point.

We will find out if and when it happens.

I don't think we can expect an official response about these questions.
They already said it will happen at some point.

We will find out if and when it happens.

They have said that lot of things will happen at some point :) Witness the space cargo missions now several years overdue.

Back