Land Grab (LG) tax distribution.

jak

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
je jak bam
Hi,

OK, I know not everyone in Entropia will care about this but there are a large number of the top players that definitely do and WILL care about this subject. It is definitely a subject that has broken many Socs and caused reformation of more Soc than I can remember over the years.

Situation:

Currently, once a Soc wins LG all the tax on that LG is daily distributed to the members of the Soc based on some very confusion percentage that supposedly based on what percentage of LGs the person joined Soc on. It's very unclear but even members that have been in the Soc more than a month (one cycle of LGs) get less taxes than someone who joined at start of Soc formation. It's very confusing and has no relation to what efforts or PEDs any member put into LGs.

The distribution of LG taxes currently has no relevance to the efforts any member puts into LGs. If you are in the Soc and the Soc wins a LG you get taxes, even for doing nothing, as a result you get members on break etc. that collect taxes even though they contributed nothing to winning the LG.

Ever since LGs have been in this game the distribution of taxes has been a problem. Since this game is "based on a real cash economy." being fair about PED distribution is important. And the current system is not workable.

Solution:

OK, I've heard many ideas and there are many ways things can be done to fix this however since all them involve lots of programming by MA I can't see them being implemented. So I came up with a very simple way that will involve very little or minimal work by MA to implement!!!

Tax distribution formulated using the Deed system, Mining Claim system done in a way that gives taxes to those who contributed to each LG!!!!

How this would work:

1) Once LG starts any avatar entering the LG would be entered into a log of attendees.
2) Once LG is completed and the winners are announced, all those attendees in the winning Soc would receive an item "Trophy" or "certificate" for winning the LG.
3) This item would have an expiration date like a mining claim and would expire at the end of the day of the next LG.
4) This item would be tradeable allowing Soc to better distribute taxes if needed.
5) Each day, when taxes are distributed, all those holding the above item receive an even share of the earned taxes for that day.

Outcome:

As a result those in the Society who contribute to LG will "reap the rewards of their efforts" and those in Soc who are on break or who simply don't like to PK but like the people in the Soc will be happy!!!

This simple idea will go a very very long way towards making LGs more fair and should as a result get more contributing to LGs.

An improvement over the existing situation :eyecrazy:

B.u.m.p.

I know, I know, this only applies to the Soc that wins LG, and that is all 30ish of us players....

But!!!!!! This is very important!!!! :cool:

The little tax we get.....

This is still something most of my Soc would like to see implemented!!!

Just a little programming or tweeting existing program and we have it!!!

I know it seems simple as an idea,

The programming to make it happen is actually kinda prohibitive.

Easy way.

Add a column in the soc terminal where the soc leader can enter a number from 1-100 for each player, that player receives a share each payout relative to their allocation from the soc master.

Still a fair bit of work, but would be the easiest way to achieve something with the effect you're after.

Reactions: jak
I know it seems simple as an idea,

The programming to make it happen is actually kinda prohibitive.

Easy way.

Add a column in the soc terminal where the soc leader can enter a number from 1-100 for each player, that player receives a share each payout relative to their allocation from the soc master.

Still a fair bit of work, but would be the easiest way to achieve something with the effect you're after.

Yeah, that was a good idea. Problem is the Soc leader can influence the outcome and this can lead to lots of problems.

The above idea is just taking the existing systems, mining, CLDs, LG tax! And putting them together in a way that works. Yes there is programming needed but not too hard...

Yeah, that was a good idea. Problem is the Soc leader can influence the outcome and this can lead to lots of problems.

The above idea is just taking the existing systems, mining, CLDs, LG tax! And putting them together in a way that works. Yes there is programming needed but not too hard...

If you can't trust your soc leader you're probably in the wrong soc. This also allows some latitude as far as still granting some rewards to players who did background work as far as preparation tactics etc. but who weren't able to be in the battle itself.

Back