Suggestion: reduce the order fee

Alukat123

Stalker
Son Alukat Goku
this 1 PED per day fee is far too high. The way it currently is using order is only okay to use when buying materials in high quantities/TT and/or are delivered very quickly.

If trying to get rather small quantities/TT of something that may take a few days to gather, then the order system is not usefull at all, because the fee basically drastically increases the MU for the material.

example:
l9skhrzk.png

it's about an extra 30% of the TT-value as fee...

Edit: maybe change it to be dynamic, like maybe 1 pec per PED TT, this way the order would create extra costs of only 1%, but that may be bad for high quantity buyers, so maybe something like up to 100 PED TT it's 1% of the TT-value, after that it's back to 1 PED. With a max order duration of, say 7 or 14 days, after that the order needs to be setup again.

Edit#2:
- higher fees for deeds, lower for ressources to avoid deed scamming.
- reserved funds to be at least 1 PED to be able to en-list, to avoid orders which cannot be full-filled and spam of small orders (for example single muscle oil order spam)

Last edited:
which is why you should use shops, but wait, mininum markup in shops is actually higher at tt+1 with an additional 2 pec tax on top of that... and decay cost if shopkeeper involved is 10 pec per sale.... so why not lower markup minimum on shops as well?...

Actually I think it`s a good idea.

Actually I think it`s a good idea.

it's long overdue.
Order System is quite important considering the different time zones and that people most likely TT stuff that has N/A in market history for quite some time.
Personally, i had it a couple times that people were "i tt'd it yesterday", once they and i finally were online at the same time.

it would be a big help to crafters as well as ressource gatherers.

What do you suggest as acceptable order fee?

What happens when the fee is too low, to many will place order for 0.01% higher then yours. That way the chance of getting your order fulfilled will be lower.

What do you suggest as acceptable order fee?

What happens when the fee is too low, to many will place order for 0.01% higher then yours. That way the chance of getting your order fulfilled will be lower.

maybe 1 pec per PED TT, this way the order would create extra costs of only 1%, but that may be bad for high quantity buyers, so maybe something dynamic, like up to 100 PED TT it's 1% of the TT-value, after that it's back to 1 PED. With a max order duration of, say 7 or 14 days, after that the order needs to be setup again.
They can already place the order for 0.01% higher than mine, so nothing would change there...

Last edited:
They can already place the order for 0.01% higher than mine, so nothing would change there...

Yes, but now it would cost atleast 1 ped. So someone would not do that over and over and over again. I do agree that it needs to be something dynamic.

1 PED is too high? I thought the listing fee was too high...

the listing fee is dynamic.
0,5 PED + (MU*TT - TT)*f, whereas f varies depending on item and TT-value or MU, but it's 5% or less. If you set up BO higher than min-bid, then you got to pay only the fee based on min-bid in advance and once it sold for BO you got to pay the rest. And for this fee it's listed for up to 7 days.

Take my firn board i.e., the order fee, 7 PED for 7 days, is about 30% of the TT-value (~22 PED TT) for the boards... it's not just 1 PED, it's a static 1 PED per day. So yeah, if you need smaller stacks, like for some L BPs, then the 1 PED per day is just way too high.

Last edited:
They should redo a lot around auction, e.g introduce PEC for SB and BO, remove the 50PEC
fee for resources and materials and only have the per centage fee there.
For items like weapon, armor, tools and so on the 50PEC can be as today.
For Orders there is enough with 1PED per order, up to 1 week, and let the fee come
from seller even if the fee will be lower than today.
We need a better flow in resources and materials so less is stucked in storage
collecting dust.

When it comes to shops, shopkeepers and so on they could have same system when
it comes to fees. Yes I do want shopkeepers to have either the ability to be upgraded
or use a add on to make it possible to buy stuff also (using same system as orders in auction).

remove the 50PEC
fee for resources and materials

that fee is there to prevent people from filling their sales list with single animal oil or single lyst stones (examples)....

For Orders there is enough with 1PED per order, up to 1 week
even that's too much, on some L BPs there's only 5 PED TT stacks needed to go through the L BP, so the 1 PED fee would add an extra 20% to the cost and then it may no longer be worthwhile crafting...

The only issue i have with this is it allows those scammers putting up low value orders on deeds and other items (hoping to take advantage of someones error), to do this at little to no cost to them. So fee should not only be reliant on TT value but also the type of item. Deeds should be higher, resources should be lower, etc.

The only issue i have with this is it allows those scammers putting up low value orders on deeds and other items (hoping to take advantage of someones error), to do this at little to no cost to them. So fee should not only be reliant on TT value but also the type of item. Deeds should be higher, resources should be lower, etc.

good point, solution sounds fair.

that fee is there to prevent people from filling their sales list with single animal oil or single lyst stones (examples)....

even that's too much, on some L BPs there's only 5 PED TT stacks needed to go through the L BP, so the 1 PED fee would add an extra 20% to the cost and then it may no longer be worthwhile crafting...

That was the excuse, not the reason to implement it. ;) They could release a system as today
with only per centage fee, but while they code it build in a limit that is inactive until they see
if it works or not. This limit could be two slots with per centage fee only, rest of sales will be
as today.

As with Order fee I guess it will be similar as with auction fee, too few or too low value makes it
impossible to trade with. Maybe do it the same way with Order fee, you have one slot that have
quite low fee for trades with resources and materials? Well I guess any consumable thing could
be fit here too, and also in auction listing fee.

As with Order fee I guess it will be similar as with auction fee, too few or too low value makes it
impossible to trade with. Maybe do it the same way with Order fee, you have one slot that have
quite low fee for trades with resources and materials? Well I guess any consumable thing could
be fit here too, and also in auction listing fee.

another good point, so another rule for ressources and materials, TT+MU has to be at least 1 PED to be able to en-list an order (or maybe just make this a general rule, sellers can't enlist for less than a PED anyway), this way people won't be able to en-list order for single muscle oil for 101% , if they put up single orders the seller would get at least 1 PED , making it some very expensive muscle oil.

(muscle oil is just an example)

another good point, so another rule for ressources and materials, TT+MU has to be at least 1 PED to be able to en-list an order (or maybe just make this a general rule, sellers can't enlist for less than a PED anyway), this way people won't be able to en-list order for single muscle oil for 101% , if they put up single orders the seller would get at least 1 PED , making it some very expensive muscle oil.

(muscle oil is just an example)

Could be a way to solve it, and if we want to trade with even lower values let
shopkeeper add ons be able to handle it. That way we can get even more niche
traders handling hard to get resources, materials and consumables.
EDIT: When I mention consumables, I include BPs in this.

Last edited:
Could be a way to solve it, and if we want to trade with even lower values let
shopkeeper add ons be able to handle it. That way we can get even more niche
traders handling hard to get resources, materials and consumables.

pls stick to only auction orders here.
For housing system expansion we shall make a new thread.

Auction fee is the only reason some stuff still has MU left.
You don't have to use buy orders, it's a convenience you have to pay for.

Neither do i have to buy the materials when it's too inconvenient. :wtg:

A reduction of order fee would benefit crafters, hunters and miners.
Crafters can get the stuff they need and hunters/miners can see what's needed in what quantities and what MUs, reducing the risk of their listing to expire. Win-Win.

That sounds like a good thing to me. It would stimulate the market and raise markups for loot.

I'm not sure that the fee is the most significant factor, but a reworking of the order system to make it more useful for the buyers would be good for the economy overall.

Auction fee is the only reason some stuff still has MU left.

People put up things to get it sold, they don't put it there to be used as tool for
controlling MU or anything else. The higher flow the better, since the more values
that are tied up in storage the less is out in the system.
If orders are cheap anyone can use it.

Will MU go down? Could be, but a funny thing is that some that complain that
other undercut prices are same people that constantly trying to increase MU,
instead of using average of a longer time period as price, and keeping prices
more stable.
On the other hand, some stuff could actually get a MU with better flow, since
instead of dumping it in TT due to impossible to sell with low amounts it could
get more attractive to e.g run some less popular BPs.

I personally do not craft some stuff because it has too low volume on auction and I don't even remember these decisions, the number of different items in this game rose significantly over time but not total tt volume on auction I guess, it is easier to completely neglect a lot of things simply because my attention is limited as buyer and seller.

There could be an additional order 'slot' per avatar that is way cheaper and can stay much longer as long as its tt volume is low, should be possible even if order fees will not change for whatever reason for other orders.

Back