Zip

Old Alpha
Society
Guess Who
Linus Zip Lindström
-----------------------------------------

Last edited:
20% ROI investment for sale.
Support and information hotline coming with the sale ;)

Im the previous owner of this LA, im wondering how you get 20% roi at 275k?
When we had it, it was making like 6 to 7% at 130k ped value.
The LA was heavy advertised and had several events.

In the 20% roi, did you take the rewards from your weekly 1.000 ped events as cost?
Why would you sell a landarea thats making 42% roi for you at this point? (55k / 130k)
I know you want to do an irl investment but still, 42% is a wet dream.

In the 20% roi, did you take the rewards from your weekly 1.000 ped events as cost?
Why would you sell a landarea thats making 42% roi for you at this point? (55k / 130k)

We all have diffrent wet dreams man :)

And not to be like that.

"The LA was heavy advertised and had several events."
Was not that many hunters in there really.
Most of them were hunting on the mid maturity on LA40 and not the youngs in #02
If im wrong let me know.
For everyone else in here. They owned both LA40 & #02 at the time. So they had two Atrox LA's

"In the 20% roi, did you take the rewards from your weekly 1.000 ped events as cost?"
The ROI is calculated with the profit after all expenses. Not with the tax income.
Wrore that in the main post. And all expenses are with fert, eventcosts, event prizes. And that is with my forums events also.

"Tax income 30 weeks: 110k = 3667 PED / Week
Tax income 18 weeks 2020: 59k = 3278 PED / Week"

As you notice, if you did the math that is. My ROI is improved with lower tax returns.
Did alot of tests on events and more than a few high paying 1000 PED events that lowers the ROI as i explained a bit when it comes with tax required in my event post. Link = HERE

You you still have the info from when the area was under your controll?

Feel free to share them to compare to mine.

More info is allways nice. Seeing you had the area for some time before i got it.
And as i remember. It was mostly on young maturity when i checked it.

"When we had it, it was making like 6 to 7% at 130k ped value"
What was the ROI on your fund btw? This landarea must have been a drain on the fund with those numbers really. And we both know that my 130k bid was not the highest one on the area when you sold it.
We had agreement on those 130k. Then another bid came in. And Larry is a honest and trustworty person and respected that agreement.

Last edited:

To be fair Zip is one of the most successful land area promoters in Calypso history. Not all land areas are created equal, but the majority of success on an LA has to do with promotion. What may seem like a dud in one person's hand may turn out to be a firecracker in someone else's.
I've not seen his spreadsheet, but I have been following that land ever since the sale and (with the experience of owning/operating six land areas) just eyeballing the activity levels on EntropiaLife and the prizes he's paid out publicly I don't think the numbers he's posted here are unreasonable projections. He has demonstrated the true potential of this land.

Best of luck with your sale Zip, though I do wish you would reconsider.

Not questioning his projections, just questioning the reason to sell when its working out so well for him :)
The fund we had was around 10% roi but la02 was struggling with the roi.
But its like Zip said, we all got different dreams.
The difference is that we had young to old maturity on la02 because we had LA40 with a medium maturity.

Hope you can sell your land for a nice price:cool:

Not questioning his projections, just questioning the reason to sell when its working out so well for him :)
The difference is that we had young to old maturity on la02 because we had LA40 with a medium maturity.

If i can get my investment. Then i will work for myself with something that i like.
And that is a nice "wet dream"

And one can only hope that it happens. And that it can generate some income also :D

You can actualy do this through direct messaging the person instead of attempting to derail his sales thread through cross informations from how you managed it. Maybe it would be better apreciated by all the community.

Also you stated yourself you know why hes making this decision. Why do you keep digging in? Not only that you also mock his numbers, as if they were unreal, without any proof or fact pointed out. You say you're not questioning his projections, yet, you are lol.

I would tell you why you're doing it, but I won't as this will only cause more mischief in this thread. Simply put however, stop it. Its his decision, personal or not to sell. That's that.

Some people win, some people lose. This is a sales thread however, so you either like the price and bid, or not like the price and give a friendly free bump. I remember when people, when wanting to discuss these things, were forced by moderators to create a "pricecheck" thread, where you'd have to do what you're doing right now, with less moderation.

There is also explicit ruling on the forums on what you just did. I suggest you read them... Not the first time you do this aswell.

If i can get my investment. Then i will work for myself with something that i like.
And that is a nice "wet dream"

And one can only hope that it happens. And that it can generate some income also :D

Hate it when people put others under public scrutiny. Who cares what your investment is? It's yours. If you wanna share it it's fine, if not then don't... His goal is to scrutiny the sale thread, and thus derailing it without any content. Gets tiresome.

P.S.: All I am doing is writing down what most people who have read this have thought, but are afraid of potential consequences from the community. Hate me if you must, but I couldn't stand it anymore.

P.P.S.: Here, have a free bump for the sale and good luck!

"When we had it, it was making like 6 to 7% at 130k ped value"
What was the ROI on your fund btw? This landarea must have been a drain on the fund with those numbers really. And we both know that my 130k bid was not the highest one on the area when you sold it.
We had agreement on those 130k. Then another bid came in. And Larry is a honest and trustworty person and respected that agreement.

I really wanted to stay out of this, but the above quote has brought me in.

The final ROI rate on the Red Ped Fund was 8-10%. This ROI was largely powered by LA#40, which is why we sold the other LA's off as they were dragging the average ROI down (the whole process was documented and made public via the news archive at www.RedPedCorp.com.

With regards to the 130k bid for LA#02, we had three bidders for the LA at the time - two offered in the region of 140-145k, but these bids largely consisted of items with highly over-valued MU. Based on this, the 130k ped all-cash offer was a much more attractive proposition.

With regards to the figures listed above for LA#02, to me they make no sense (please highlight if I have missed something). You say gross tax income for 2020 is 59k, which is amazing as I've only just managed 40k in the same time period and EntropiaLife consistently shows LA#40 doing more turnover than LA#02. How do you get a 50% higher gross revenue than LA#40 based on that?

Your huge cash prize giveaways are also very generous and very appreciated (as someone who participated in such events). I know they generate a lot of activity in short bursts but you told me yourself just how much these events cost you to run, so it has left me scratching my head at the profitability figure. :scratch2:

Anyway, I'm sure any potential buyer will do their due diligence before any purchase and I'm sure both sides will work out a good deal. In any case I will be sad to see you go Zip, as I really do enjoy your events.

Good luck with the sale Zip. I wish you well. :)

Last edited:
We all have diffrent wet dreams man :)
"Tax income 30 weeks: 110k = 3667 PED / Week
Tax income 18 weeks 2020: 59k = 3278 PED / Week"

Fast example.
If you look at 20% ROI at 275k: 55k gain in a year = 1058 PED / Week.
Tax income 30 weeks: 110k = 3667 PED / Week
That leaves out: 2609 PED in "costs" each week from this landarea alone.
My costs and payouts from this area equals to +70% of the income from taxes.
And +70% is alot in terms of the cost of running things with landareas.

That we can look around a bit on.

TOTAL PED
Tax income: 110159,57
Fert + Event cost: 17616
Events: 59560,057
Profit: 32983,513
Weekly: 1099,450433
Cost: 70,06%

I am well aware from running a few diffrent areas with a few diffrent mobs on them.
Not all mobs are the same with tax returns.

But from what i see the payouts are far less then 50% of more than a few events out there.
I can nowdays check a event and get a feeling on how low the total payout will be. And its still a good event when it comes to the payout shown. Everyone that has worked with a bit of marketing knows how to make things sound better than they are :)

But this is something that we can talk about more if needed on another part of the forum.
Made a thread about that. So we can keep this as a sales thread again. LINK

With regards to the 130k bid for LA#02, we had three bidders for the LA at the time - two offered in the region of 140-145k, but these bids largely consisted of items with highly over-valued MU. Based on this, the 130k ped all-cash offer was a much more attractive proposition.

in the heat of the moment i forgot that it was item trades that you got offered. Been talking to you and remember that you said that. I value PED at a lower gain over items that are over valued also.

Ahhhh, that makes more sense. Ok, sorry, I think I may have misunderstood your figures. Thank you for clarifying. :)

Good luck with the sale! :cool:

thnx for explaining :) Still sucks that you are going to sell it :(

Bringing this up :)

Have been getting a few questions and i hope that i can can give you good feedback on the, :)

Got some more intresting offers.

Hi all:)

Is there a full list of things you can actually do when you buy to own and manage a land area?
Thank you

Giving this a bump!

Still for sale.

Only looking for the items in the post, nothing else thanks :)

Got a few one can say intresting offers.

But none that makes me want to sell it

Taken off sale!

Last edited:
Back