Objectcollisions: This starts to get pathetic!

Joat

Elite
Society
M.I.S
I don't know what MA have failed with lately but there a lot more occasions when avatar
gets stucked to ground.
Last months there have been a lot of failed and bumping around over the area, seems
many of these issues have to do with server can't keep track of position of things.
Seen the excuse it has to do with internet is overloaded, but these things started
before that pandemic started.
Have they lowered the resources per user lately?

I was hunting ambulimax the other day and at some point I just fell through the ground, fell for like 5-6 seconds and then landed on an infinite ocean below the map.

Also today a formicacida became unreachable while I was shooting it, with no obstacles or rocks nearby or between us.

Could be coincidence, but the first one never happened to me before.

I don't know what MA have failed with lately but there a lot more occasions when avatar
gets stucked to ground.
Last months there have been a lot of failed and bumping around over the area, seems
many of these issues have to do with server can't keep track of position of things.
Seen the excuse it has to do with internet is overloaded, but these things started

Have noticed this as well , I am cautious to touch anything in the game as to end up stuck.

Swimming is almost guaranteed to get you stuck.

And the new tree design in Fort Argus, very pretty and easy to get stuck.

Should be easy to fix getting stuck in trees by just removing collision in foliage completely(only tree root has collision).

As for falling through the earth, my guess is that the latency with the servers leads to delayed player input going through terrain. From what I understand Entropia has only 1 server for basically their entire playerbase, from the US to Europe and everywhere else(correct me if I'm wrong). This is very unusual for an MMO, usually MMO's segment their playerbase into their respective region to remove latency. Entropia can't afford to do this due to its economic model. This has many great advantages, but the latency/rubberbanding seems to be the trade-off. Maybe better network coding can fix this problem?

When you get stuck underground be sure to take the opportunity to check for the markers MA hides under there to show where big mining claims will be :yay:

When you get stuck underground be sure to take the opportunity to check for the markers MA hides under there to show where big mining claims will be :yay:

If you don't have the proper scanner , you won't see them.

o ffs really. lol.

Well, now that this game has bottomed out in value to the company maybe now is a good time for some money bags senior executive to buy it up. since this is the only way anyone will ever realize EU's true potential.

Few weeks ago I accidentally fell through the ground.

Below i found an endless ocean with a glistening surface.
After swimming around, I decided to try how deep this ocean is and started swimming down.

The light visibly began to dim, and soon an ominous darkness enveloped me.
It became pitch black all around and I still hadn't reached any bottom.

I felt like I had sunk into the bowels of the hell.

Thanks God the T key worked... :)

I agree, it is pretty frustrating. That being said there is a work-around. If you spam the Map button over and over rapidly while you are moving in various directions it will get you un-stuck most of the time. Not 100% but more often than not. Hopefully MA fixes it and we don't keep having to use work-arounds, but in the mean time there you go.

I was hunting ambulimax the other day and at some point I just fell through the ground, fell for like 5-6 seconds and then landed on an infinite ocean below the map.

Also today a formicacida became unreachable while I was shooting it, with no obstacles or rocks nearby or between us.

Mobs do that to me occasionally too. Unacceptable.

Hi Angel

The first thing have happen to me to some years back, but don't remember where or what mob I shoot that time...

//Rob Rapido Green

Hi Angel

The first thing have happen to me to some years back, but don't remember where or what mob I shoot that time...

//Rob Rapido Green

Ah, an old problem then. Although it seems it's more common now, maybe due to the latency issues as other players pointed out.

I hope they can do something about the lag, it's getting really bad.

Thanks Rob :thumbup:

This has been happening for 15 years, not a new issue.

Performance lag will cause you to clip inside of things or fall though floor.
Hence why spamming Map button might help to release you because it opening and closing is causing some lag.

The rise and return of the bug is directly related to the recent higher latency issues.

gets stucked to ground.

I literally have zero collision issues or through ground falling. Not one.

I literally have zero collision issues or through ground falling. Not one.

I dare you to go to Fort Argus and drop some bombs around there. Good luck!!!

I dare you to go to Fort Argus and drop some bombs around there. Good luck!!!

I haven't been dropping bombs but I have been around Argus without issue. I'll go try and drop some bombs.

Can't say I've had this much recently either, but when it does happen, it's incredibly annoying.

Back