Need a Mayhem events guide stickied

Anselme25

Guardian
Society
RTr
Hello all,

can we get a sticky thread that explains exactly how mayhem works/how to gear up and get ready for mayhem and all that. The event guide sticky thread does not go into that.

Thank you.

EDIT:

My questions for example would include:

1. what are the ideal weapons/armor for each category?
2. From what I understand each category has a max DPS limit. What does this mean exactly? Am i disqualified for shooting with a weapon that uses high DPS for a few shots?
3. What are the advantages/disadvantages of Mayhem Annihilation/Free for all?
4. It's really tedious trying to figure out the rewards exactly. It would be really nice to have it all on a sticky thread so that newcomers understand them. For example: What is the list of Mayhem token rewards(including their token prices). What do the event strongboxes contain(including droprate for each item).
5. What are the usual time frames at which Mayhem events take place.

EDIT 2:

6. What are particular mayhem rewards newcomers/advanced players should work toward?
7. A spawn density/location map would be nice.
8. Again, I don't quite understand the "15 hours spawn window." I can't really figure out what kind of budget I need to have a decent chance at landing at leadeboards.
9. Since mayhem item rewards are tradeable, what is the MU on each mayhem item?
10. What is the best place to get your gear (Auction, shops)?
11. How many (L) weapons and (L) armor pieces would I need for a 15 hour run (per category)?
12. Any additional info with regard to mayhem application and general tips would be appreciated.

I might be asking a lot, but I think people like me who have never tried mayhem would find this information useful. I never bothered to play Mayhem because it was kind of overwhelming preparing for it. And I always felt there was a distinct lack of upfront information regarding it. Anyway, that's it from me :)

Last edited:
Captain Jack and I probably could collaborate on that. Since I own the Mayhem Armor shop which focuses on all the best stuff to use for winning Mayhem, I've been doing quite a bit of research on this topic so I'd be willing to help with making such a guide.

Captain Jack and I probably could collaborate on that. Since I own the Mayhem Armor shop which focuses on all the best stuff to use for winning Mayhem, I've been doing quite a bit of research on this topic so I'd be willing to help with making such a guide.

That would be great! I like your armor shops btw ;)

I think I can answer a few of these right now. This might help you start to wrap your head around it so you are better prepared for Summer Mayhem which will probably start in 2 weeks or so.

Ideal weapon will be whatever you can get which has a DPS as close as possible to the maximum allowed in your Category. If you are using limited guns, the ArMatrix series will work like this: -15 for Cat 1, -25 for Cat 2, -35 for Cat 3, etc... So if you are in Cat 3 you could use any of the -35, so LR-35, LP-35, BP-35 and BC-35.

2. From what I understand each category has a max DPS limit. What does this mean exactly? Am i disqualified for shooting with a weapon that uses high DPS for a few shots?

I don't think you would actually be able to equip the weapon. You can enter with all kinds of weapons in your carried inventory but I doubt you could equip or fire it... I Could be wrong, I haven't tested it myself.

I'll leave that one for someone else to answer.

4. It's really tedious trying to figure out the rewards exactly. It would be really nice to have it all on a sticky thread so that newcomers understand them. For example: What is the list of Mayhem token rewards(including their token prices). What do the event strongboxes contain(including droprate for each item).

As far as I can tell, unless you actually have a placement token, the most you can get for your Mayhem tokens will be about 46 pec/token by purchasing and selling the 10mg pills. If you have a placement token, you can purchase an unlimited weapon worth tens of thousands of ped.

Merry Mayhem goes for about 5 weeks from mid-December to end-January
Easter Mayhem is about 2 weeks in April
Summer Mayhem is about 2 weeks in June
Halloween Mayhem is I think 10-14 days, end of October

6. What are particular mayhem rewards newcomers/advanced players should work toward?

Placement token (top 3), it's all about the Placement token

Not necessary. Once you enter the Mayhem Event instance, all the mobs will be right there in front of you. Everything happens all in one spot, only exception being Halloween but you can find people doing it on Twitch or youtube and figure it out pretty easily from there.

8. Again, I don't quite understand the "15 hours spawn window." I can't really figure out what kind of budget I need to have a decent chance at landing at leadeboards.

The window for competing is the entire duration of the Mayhem event, so for example 2 weeks for the upcoming Summer Mayhem. You have a timer of 10 hours in most cases (except Merry Mayhem I think is 40) to gather as many points as possible. Highest number of points takes 1st place. You can do the run as many times as you want in the 2 week period to get a better score.

That's a really long answer. Part of the fun is figuring that out.

Probably Auction, best to start shopping way ahead of the event. There are some really good shops now for this stuff too: Miks for weapons, amps and Damage Enhancers, Mayhem Armor shop for Armors and Plates, and many others...

11. How many (L) weapons and (L) armor pieces would I need for a 15 hour run (per category)?

Every weapon has a different Durability so this will vary a lot but for ArMatrix, you will probably need 5 or so to complete a 10 hour run.

12. Any additional info with regard to mayhem application and general tips would be appreciated.

You can abandon and restart your run if you are not happy with the amount of points you got partly through it. This is a good strategy to avoid wasting time and money if you were really unlucky with the points in the first 3 to 4 hours. But be careful, you can only abandon a max of 3 times, after that you are disqualified.

Thank you for answering. Can you clarify a few things?

(never mind my first question, the website states base damage)....

2. Mayhem takes place in an instance. What happens if I disconnect, do I have to reenter the instance, or does the game remember where I was in the instance?

Thank you for answering. Can you clarify a few things?

1. You said an LR-25 would fit well with Category 2. The official merry mayhem website states a max DPS of 48. An LR-25 with a good amp would deal more than that though (44,8 +amp dmg). Is there something I'm not understanding. Also, there are other buffs that affect damage (+crit chance on armor sets, rings), are those relevant to the calculation?

The max DPS shown is the max base dps of a weapon and doesn't take into account any enhancers, amps, buffs, or anything else.

2. Mayhem takes place in an instance. What happens if I disconnect, do I have to reenter the instance, or does the game remember where I was in the instance?

The timer will stop. Yes you will have to re-enter. You can enter and exit as you wish, the timer will pause when you exit.

The timer will stop. Yes you will have to re-enter. You can enter and exit as you wish, the timer will pause when you exit.

Does this mean I can theoretically log out and continue the run 5 days later?:scratch2: Or complete the run in small segments? For people with jobs/RL obligations, that would be great.

Does this mean I can theoretically log out and continue the run 5 days later?:scratch2: Or complete the run in small segments? For people with jobs/RL obligations, that would be great.

Yes

The timer is only running while you are inside the Annihilation instance.

Yes

The timer is only running while you are inside the Annihilation instance.

That's great. The entropia website makes no mention of this (it's just way too vague)...I feel a lot less confused now.

I have 2 more questions regarding the instance:

1. Am I the only one that can enter the instance? (Healers and such are forbidden, right?)

2. Do mob spawns reset when I leave/reenter the instance?

I don't think you would actually be able to equip the weapon. You can enter with all kinds of weapons in your carried inventory but I doubt you could equip or fire it... I Could be wrong, I haven't tested it myself.

It actually will not let you enter an instance if you have weapon in inventory with base DPS that is above the limit. Which is the reason why the 'perfect' weapon for mayhem would be one where BASE dps is closest to the limit, while being Tier10 and adding amps/pills etc..

There are many great weapon exist for every different category, you should be as close as possible to the max allowed dps, and as high tiered as possible, with amp.
You can use the max dps weapon in that category, if its t0, somebody with just 80% of your weapon dps, but t10, and he have 60% more dps than you.

There are two different way for armors: extra dps, like EST or Mayhem set with their buff, or protection to reduce the time spend on healing as much as possible.

But that is not enough.
You need as high dps weapon as you can get, with as high tiers as possible, with amp.
You need 1 or 2 ring for reload, critchance and critdmg.
You need pills for more dps.
Armor, heal.
Enough ammo.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?301284-Immortal-s-Merry-Mayhem-Weapon-Choice-guide
This is an existing list for weapons to different categories, but have two issues:
1, not updated with newer weapons.
2, includes lvl100 weapons for lower category, and with the lvl limites, those are not maxed, so not makes sense to use for example a cat1 33.8 dps weapon with 50% dmg instead a maxed 31dps weapon that is not even on list.

You cant use such a weapon inside the category normaly.
If you figure out a way for cheating / tricking this rule and use a higher dps gun somehow, yes, they probably will find that out, and disqualify is the best case scenario you can hope for than.

Annihilation
Disadvantage: long runs, 10-15 hours, may need more of them, more cost.

Advantages: Less people doing it because the time / cost compared to the other version (assault, defense, survival).

Free for all
Disadvantage: biggest pay to win ever, peoples not even need to enter even once to the instance to be able to place, you just buy the scores and sending them in.

Advantage: biggest pay to win ever, peoples not even need to enter even once to the instance to be able to place, you just buy the scores and sending them in.
You can check the past few years to see how much score was enough for the different places, guess how much will be needed, get it, send it, than wait for the result.

You can find ingame the mayhem token trader, with all the rewards, and their prices.
You can find what you can loot from strongboxes at entripiauniverse.com

There is no fix date, +/- few days, you can check last year event times for example.

Easter april 8th to 21th
Merry dec 11th to jan 14th
Halloween oct 31th to nov 12th
Summer june 19th to july 1st

EDIT 2:

Newcomers
PM token, easy to win this in cat1, would be much harder in higher categories.

Advanced players
whatever they want to take from token trader.

Mayhem maps are very small, no need such a thing like this.

Get the gear, weapon, amp, dmg enhancers, pills, that match your category, do the math of using it for 10-15 hours.
For example, my cat2 setup will be around 1050p decay + ammo per hour, + pills, + armor, x 15 hour.
This wont be the best set for that category, but close to it.
Higher categories ofc have much higher cost's per hour, select your gear, do the math.
In mayhem instance, almost all the loot tt is shrap, so converting is no problem.

Half of them is out of mayhem trader, other half of them is not even was sold on AH.
Prices you can find on forum for example 2 years ago are not sure if still valid today, this list would be very hard to make, and on the other hand, if somebody can win enough tokens for taking a 100k token item, he probably have some idea about the value.
You can buy 10mg pills per 10 token, it is like 4.5-5p each pills.
I count the tokens like this when i check my account value time to time, but ofc not gonna spend them on pills

At the place you can find the lowest price / best gear for your needs.
Weapons great for different categories are usually expensiver than normal weapons, so mostly they will be advertised in PCF or calytrade.

L weapons, you have no decent chance with L weapons, that is missing the 10 dmg enhancers, so you just use the half dmg you could be using.

Depending on weapon, category, etc.
Check wiki about how many use it have before broken.
Do the math with your reload buff included about how many use fits into the 10 or 15h depending on the lenght of the actual mayhem event.
10-15th hours of use / uses of 1 item = you got how many you need.
Than -1 by our failed friend atm :D

Armor is easy, 1 set L armor, got like 15-20p decay on my L armor set (total, not per parts) during the 10 hour easter mayhem.

I just competed in 3 mayhems so far, there are sure some usefull trick's i dont know about it, maybe others will share some.
For example, i was just thinking about if RK tool was able to repair the defense object after the event.
I tried with fap but that isnt, didnt realized its the RK that may works on it, next year i will get the answer if not sooner.

Sure important thing, dont leave instance before you killed the miniboss that spawn every 30 mins (if you killed enough mob, if you slow, wont spawn every 30 minutes). That is 250 score, need to be killed, than you can leave instance.

Last edited:
Having done Mayhem number of times I ll try to answer based on my understanding and experience.

- Ideal weapon would be max BASE dps for each category while being Tier10. Add to that max available amp and pills/buffs.
- Ideal armor will vary based on type of mayhem you are doing.

Ideally for annihilation you want to kill mobs before they can reach you, so your armor then should be one that contains set bonuses for extra damage.
Examples would be Mayhem armor (3% reload speed bonus for 7-piece set), or Earthshocker ( spelling?) set that gives 60% crit dmg.

For defense mayhem, where surviving is key you want to have sufficient protections against mobs you are fighting in order to last as long as possible.

- Mayhem instance will not let you in if you have a BASE dps weapon in your inventory that exceeds the limit. There is no absolute max DPS limit, only BASE dps limit. Base dps limit is seen on the weapon info.

- Free for all mayhem is the only type that allows you to buy 'stars' from other participants. You can win it without spending 1 second in the FFA instance, by just buying stars.

- It is also important to figure out how many mayhems you would have to win to qualify for a reward. All UL rewards require at least 1 PM token. Many 'great' rewards require 2PM tokens.
Besides that you need a tons of M-tokens and those can take years to accumulate.

- Mayhems take place 4 times a year, usually lasting 2 weeks. Winter mayhems tend to last the longest.

- Mayhem rewards are seen at Mayhem token trader in Twin Peaks. Balcony near the teleporter.

- All mayhems take place in instances.

- This will depend on a category and weapon used. Ideally you want to spend around 5 seconds per mob to kill for Annihilation type mayhems. From this you can calculate peds cycled required to last 10 or 15 hours.
Also keep in mind that 'luck' plays a huge role in Mayhems.

In order to win annihilation you usually need to score at least 1 (but usually 2 or 3) 5k point drops. It can take many 10/15-hour reruns even with top dps to get those.

- MUs vary a lot.

- No idea, but you want to collect stuff for mayhems way before you start doing them.

- L weapons in general will not be performant in Mayhem, as you typically need high-tier weapon to be viable for top3 spots. No L weapon (even if you have great tiers) will last you full mayhem run, let alone 4-10 reruns that you might have to do to get 5k point drop.

- Before you seriously consider participating in mayhem, start with calculating costs. One needs to realize that it can take years to collect sufficient number of tokens (mainly M-tokens) to qualify for any decent prize even once you have 1-2 PM (Placement mayhem) tokens.

- There is limited number of Mayhem rewards from the token trader. You might end up working towards a particular weapon for a year+ just to find out that all rewards got sold out.

- Annihilation mayhem has a 'soft' minimum dps limit via boss spawn. Annihilation mayhem spawns boss every 30 minutes as long as you killed 92 mobs within that time span. Annihilation mayhem boss gives 250 points. If you cannot spawn boss on 30min boundary, then your dps isn't viable to win (most likely, as a lot still depends on luck).
For 10 hour mayhem that means you have a 'baseline' score of 19 * 250 = 4750. Boss spawns every 30 minutes, 250 points per spawn. For 10 hour span you have 19 boss spawns at most. Similarly for 15 hour mayhem your baseline score is (15 * 2 - 1) * 250

- When doing annihilation, you can exit at any time, however your internal timer to spawn boss resets once you exit. As such, it is most efficient to exit mayhem/take break right after you killed the boss.

- Do not abandon mayhem once you started it. You can drop mission and re-take it, however if you do it 3 times or more, you will get disqualified.

- As mentioned already, but worth repeating, luck plays a tremendous role in Annihilation mayhem.
Annihilation is all about gathering as many points as you can, where mobs drop between 0 and 5k points on kill. 5k pointers drop very rarely (usually 0 drops for 15 hour timespan).

So apparenetly (L) weapons aren't as viable because they cannot be full tiered. What if you used a lot of half-used (L) weapons from previous hunts that have tiers unlocked? Even if it's not 10 tiers, it should be relatively competitive(if armor, rings and other buffs are otherwise present), right?:scratch2:

You could use (L) weapons throughout the year until they are maybe 40% TT and then save them up for mayhem runs. My budget does not really allow the purchase of a good UL weapon ( at least not right now).

So apparenetly (L) weapons aren't as viable because they cannot be full tiered. What if you used a lot of half-used (L) weapons from previous hunts that have tiers unlocked? Even if it's not 10 tiers, it should be relatively competitive(if armor, rings and other buffs are otherwise present), right?

You could use (L) weapons throughout the year until they are maybe 40% TT and then save them up for mayhem runs. My budget does not really allow the purchase of a good UL weapon ( at least not right now).

Depending on which category you want to go. In lower categories, you can end up in top places with luck.
High categories, i think your chances are very close if not zero.

Cat1 for example, LR-15, with 30% reload last for 73mins non stop, that is 12 full tt L weapon. You need 30 x 40% tt weapon than. But L weapons will be like like tier1-2-3, maybe 4-5, idk, not really use L weapons, but as i heard tiering is very slow now for L stuff.

My budget does not really allow the purchase of a good UL weapon
So your budget not really allows to compete in mayhem.
Well, depending which category, low cat high tier nice, not the best, but nice weapons can be like 2-5k ped only.

Mayhem competing is starting with buying a high tiered weapon.
Or if you have enough value in items or deeds, you may can rent a weapon and not need to buy it.

So apparenetly (L) weapons aren't as viable because they cannot be full tiered. What if you used a lot of half-used (L) weapons from previous hunts that have tiers unlocked? Even if it's not 10 tiers, it should be relatively competitive(if armor, rings and other buffs are otherwise present), right?:scratch2:

There is a lot of debate on whether Mayhem Annihilation is pure luck or pay-to-win, you should read this thread:

Is Mayhem pure Luck or Pay-to-win?

Personally, I think the luck factor plays a very big role and others in that thread who have a lot of experience competing have stated so as well. When I participate, I just do some time in there and see if I get a 5k, if I do, then I go all-in, as in full pills and best weapons possible, no matter the cost (rental, purchase, whatever).

Everyone has their own strategy though, you gotta figure out what works for you.

Legends

Everyone has their own strategy though, you gotta figure out what works for you.

Legends

And that's the bottom line too. Remember that you are competing against others in the end, so you got to figure out how to be 'better' than the rest.

If someone in your Category has UL T10 weapon and you dont, and they use best pills available while you dont, well guess what then.. they have higher chance of winning.

There is a lot of debate on whether Mayhem Annihilation is pure luck or pay-to-win, you should read this thread:

Is Mayhem pure Luck or Pay-to-win?

Personally, I think the luck factor plays a very big role and others in that thread who have a lot of experience competing have stated so as well. When I participate, I just do some time in there and see if I get a 5k, if I do, then I go all-in, as in full pills and best weapons possible, no matter the cost (rental, purchase, whatever).

Legends

With an optimal top setup for your category you are very likely to place top 10, top places mostly come down to luck and how many runs you grinded out

Back