At what point can we expect a solution to the severe lag that plagues the servers?

Uncle Mo

Dominant
Stupid American. Only Speaks One Language.
Society
NIB Down
Luri UncleMo Nightshade
Server lag today has been especially horrid and the lag issues seem to be getting progressively worse. Is Mindark even investigating the issue?

The lag seems to be prominent when looting, and during new mob placement. I would reject the notion that all the lag is coming from excess players as it's happening around the clock - even during low peak times.

What, if anything, is being done to resolve the issue?

In the past there were server capacity testing like hogglo event. Why has there been no testing like this since the lag started???

besides blaming covid, they didn't even confirm that there are such performance issues

If you want to showcase the lag, just group up a bunch of mobs and shower some rockets down. The damage text + system tab for damage values in text will slow the client dramatically.

I'm with you on this one - hope they fix it soon!

- VH

what id love to know is does this lag effect returns utter terrible returns last night hunting with the 30 sec pauses, gun lag stutter, loot lag pretty much makes pills pointless. same this morning on crafting pauses 20 secs.

I am just waiting for Starlink to start working. Go Elon :yay:

Hard to tell if MA is investigating, but it surely has low priority. I mean it's not like those lags are hurting MA...

Ways to speed up fixing this:
  • nobody plays any more
  • it does start to cost MA

And since both won't happen, well ... :silly2:

It happens to me every day lately. This particular form of lag is very frustrating because it seems to be player-side lag. Mobs are not lagging and continue to attack while I am frozen and can't fight back.

We invest maybe MA needs to invest... lag has been terrible.

Issues started for me when VU 17.1.0 was implemented. My play time has been cut down to almost nothing.

This!

Some players didn't realize this and are accepting the excuse of the covid pandemic from MA.

The Failed, Failed, Failed messages, rubber band and game stop responding started exactly after a Version Update.

Before that VU it was the "this player can't be your disciple" but that didn't caused game to stop or made any rubber band. My guess is when they tried to fix it, it got even worse. Typical MA.

Back